Quantcast

Official RM Gravity Fed Interbike Thread

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
A few pics from this total amateur:

Gee's Bike
dude....gee's bike was sick....what blew my mind though was how HEAVY it was.....i was expecting some uber light bike.....

my bike is around 38-39.....i can see how his saint group and his tubes weigh it down.....his frame is 1 pound heavier than mine, but....it felt about 5 pounds heavier than mine.......i was shocked......

ah well.....it won the world champs....

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
dude....gee's bike was sick....what blew my mind though was how HEAVY it was.....i was expecting some uber light bike.....

my bike is around 38-39.....i can see how his saint group and his tubes weigh it down.....his frame is 1 pound heavier than mine, but....it felt about 5 pounds heavier than mine.......i was shocked......

Careful. One of the RM goons will be 'round shortly to assimilate you back into the herd. You'll be hugging your digital scale again before you know it.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
According to Pinkbike there will be a limited run of the RC4:

"Fox DHX RC4 and Fox 40 RC2 World Championship editions. There will only be a limited run of 200 of each"

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/interbike-randoms-2008.html?trk=n,6
Yup, from what i have been told the 200 limited edition stuff will be promotional. Last minute decision.

Select non factory teams will get first dibs. 80 units of each are staying in the USA with Fox for select distribution to teams, racers and friends of fox. The other 120 are for distributors world wide to distribute as they see fit. It will be late spring before they become available to even the media however.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yup, from what i have been told the 200 limited edition stuff will be promotional. Last minute decision.

Select non factory teams will get first dibs. 80 units of each are staying in the USA with Fox for select distribution to teams, racers and friends of fox. The other 120 are for distributors world wide to distribute as they see fit. It will be late spring before they become available to even the media however.
Cool I like the idea. I am not sure if I will be the first one in line to try to get one though.

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France

weight isnt everything

cedrics bike isnt all that light either

tailwind

Chimp
Mar 15, 2008
Did Raceface have any different colors of their Rally knee/shin pads at Interbike?

I remember awhile back Raceface had a survey for different colored Rally pads for their 09 line.

Thanks.

samsung

Chimp
Nov 6, 2007
Any more info on E-13's Staccato 8 pedals? Have they even been displayed at interbike/eurobike?

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Jeepers, over a year to make pedals? Are they wishing them into existence?

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
As I've said before, for a small company focused on customer service and support of their current line, getting a new product from conception to a useable prototype is a HUGE undertaking. Going from prototype to full production is leaping another order of magnitude, especially when you consider it's uncharted territory - e13's never done a pedal, and it's about as far from an 'off-the-shelf' design as you can get. All this adds a ton of additional complexity to the project.

When Dave originally mentioned they were targeting a late '08 release, I was personally stunned by the optimistic production date, but I also know he, Jonas, Michael, Derek, etc. are all capable guys. Believe me, they want to get the pedals out on the market as badly as you want to buy a pair. I'm sure they're working hard on it, so be patient; it'll be worth the wait.

--JP

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Oh, I don't doubt for a second how thorough those guys are. Just announcing a pedal a year and a half out seems kind of silly.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Pedals are complicated, man. Lots of testing to do, and tons of parts to source - if you look at how many custom bits and pieces are in there, I'd guess that there are going to be something like 10-12 different sub contractors contributing to the final on-the-shelf product. Getting that many folks on the same page producing completely custom product is no small feat.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
possibly a stupid question, but did Azonic have a display this year?

specifically looking for more information/pictures of their 2009 B-52 frame...

EDIT: found some info on MTBR. doesn't look half bad.

Last edited:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
On the Staccato pedals, we are planning a Q2 2009 release, (that means April to July ish) there are other pedals that we are working on also that will be available sooner. The only reason that the Staccatos are not available now is that we have been working with riders to developing and test a couple of new ideas. We have decided to integrate those ideas now rather than wait until the next revision of the design. This pushed back production by 6 months, but we think that the new ideas are worth it in the long run.

Hope this clears some things up.

Dave

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Any more info on E-13's Staccato 8 pedals? Have they even been displayed at interbike/eurobike?
We showed some prototypes at the show, but only to riders and for non public showing. Once we are ready you can be sure that pictures will get out there. They always do.. :) hah

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
weight isnt everything

cedrics bike isnt all that light either
You've got it. If your bike doesn't make it down the hill in one piece you can't win.

You cant sacrifice durability for weight and expect that it won't catch up with you. It always does..