Quantcast

Official RM Gravity Fed Interbike Thread

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
me neither, it actually looks to me like the pivot is flexing enough in the frame to crack the paint (not good) or the frame is cracked (also not good).

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
Norco is curvy

Tomac Primer

Crazy skulls

Snakeskin hoops anyone?

New Intense

More DHR

Coolest helmets ever!

The token gearbox bike (the only one I saw)

Outlaws come in colors:

Last edited:

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Apparently you have never worn under armour. Not even close to spandex. Not hot and it is a wicking material. I have worn under armour sine about 1993 for football track and cycling.
There are a ton of fabrics out there that look like spandex but don't behave like it at all. As Fraser has said the under amour heatgear material is great and there are other just like it. All of these new generation fabrics are better than bare skin in hot environments.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
that Norco looks like crap, Norco's are crap.

That is a ghetto blue boxxer.

My access to hcor has been blocked at work:bonk:

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
Nice looking Azonic

Cool THE helmets

FSA Chainguide

Ooh, white.

Long bars from TruVativ

New helmet company

Replaceable pins on the Mallets

Whitewall DH tires

Monster Crowns

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It HAS been done...it was called the 80s...and the 80s ROCKED. And I had hair....LOTS of it....
Now I'm sad.
i call BS....on the hair part.

and the 80's also had red/pink/blue tires...and multi colored anno....or was the early 90's.
and we shouldnt bring those back again either

Last edited:

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
I can help... DH race? Me likey. :cheers:

I spoke with the knolley bunch today about the new dh sled. Its pretty slick to look at but its like a 12.5 pound frame. He said 65 head angle, but it looked steeper. I have about three hundred pics but no cable to download anything until sunday.

Giant didnt have the sunday... I mean glory out. It will be a 2010 model.

The dorado was uber sick to look at. But looks arnt everything so the jury is still out on that.

The new dhr is beautiful. The whole linkage is pretty slick to look at. I didnt like the sheet metal looking seat tube support on top of the top tube. I hated the color.

Overall I wasnt blown away by anything. It was amazing to be there and touch all the new ****. There was a company called Loaded that was attached to the atomlab, blackmarket booth that had some sick hubs, posts, pedals and the like. I was told they come stock with ti hardware. Met sam at the sram booth and he wasnt nearly as scary as Kovarik was.

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
I can't believe this but my favorite thing there was the new Mavic DeeMax wheelset. 2100 grams! A pound has been taken out of last year's model and they supposedly fixed the quick release freehub problem. Everything was machined out to the Nth degree - the rim, the hub, the rotor flange, you name it. And it's not yellow! Just a plain silver with black graphics.

Second is the Hammerschmidt. That thing is heavy but works beautifully with instantaneous shifts and a wide range.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I can't believe this but my favorite thing there was the new Mavic DeeMax wheelset. 2100 grams! A pound has been taken out of last year's model and they supposedly fixed the quick release freehub problem. Everything was machined out to the Nth degree - the rim, the hub, the rotor flange, you name it. And it's not yellow! Just a plain silver with black graphics.

Second is the Hammerschmidt. That thing is heavy but works beautifully with instantaneous shifts and a wide range.
I am with you on the new DeeMax but pricey but I guess that is the theme of the industry.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
ah yes, the 80's; comp III skinwalls in red, yellow & blue. then came freestyle & pastel colors...
Oh man...you guys forgot THE BEST THING ever produced in the 80s....

DAYGLO.

Yup...thinking my next bike will have to be Dayglo orange. Atleast no one will ever steal it...for several good reasons!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
any pics from the indoor Arena MTNX?
Just got home, I have a gallery I will post up. Here is one pic from the event.

Hanak won, Rafael 2nd, Gwin 3rd and Holmes 4th. Holmes was clearly the dominating guy that night, won the most heats, but got pushed off track in final.

One sample shot of Greg and Rennie

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
yeah i saw that pic on your flickr and was hoping for more...didnt know they were even doing this event
It was actually a pretty cool event, its a shame not to many people showed up (spectators). Riders dug it too, I never got bored, battles to the finish, good stuff.
There is a couple others on my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/stikman
Gallery posted soon.

Here was the race details
http://arenamtn-x.com/

Last edited: