Quantcast

On the next bike

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Saw the issues first hand on friends bikes and other racers bikes back in the 7 or 8 years I races DH on both sides of the country.
Or maybe it was on an Evil or a Specialized or a Trek or.... because you couldn't "be bothered to remember all the details of the issues of a bike I had not interest in owning because of said issues 12 fuckin years ago."???? ;)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'd enjoy one, I'm sure, but with little cartilage remaining in my left knee, I think I'll pass.
knee replacement....you are probably the same age as my dad...he is finally getting one of his knees done....not sure how bad yours are but he is tired of being miserable and in pain....something he should have had done about 10 years ago...

knee replacement....you are probably the same age as my dad...he is finally getting one of his knees done....not sure how bad yours are but he is tired of being miserable and in pain....something he should have had done about 10 years ago...
Orthopod suggested not - enough muscle and whatnot wrapped around the mess to keep it stable - they recommended waiting.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Or maybe it was on an Evil or a Specialized or a Trek or.... because you couldn't "be bothered to remember all the details of the issues of a bike I had not interest in owning because of said issues 12 fuckin years ago."???? ;)
still missing the point. intense's alignment issues are well known. there's plenty out there that didn't have them, but that still doesn't change the fact that the issues existed. like how just because i have a joplin dropper that's still functional doesn't mean it wasn't one of the most unreliable bike components ever manufactured.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
still missing the point. intense's alignment issues are well known. there's plenty out there that didn't have them, but that still doesn't change the fact that the issues existed. like how just because i have a joplin dropper that's still functional doesn't mean it wasn't one of the most unreliable bike components ever manufactured.
And their love for machning hard angles with no thought of popping in a slight radius at high stress areas, that didn't work too well at times.

Mine was a Tazer HT, it cracked as they all did athe seattube/stay junction.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001