Quantcast

oooOOooOoOOoO Monday the 13th gmt ooOOooOOOoooOOO

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I mean... I presume they would make some boudin noir with the leftovers, no? And as long as you thoroughly cook said sausage, it should be fine.

:homer:
Evidently you can find some local butchers selling the stuff for making soup. Supposedly it’s pasteurized. However if I come down with Covid 23 we will have a good idea why. I could’ve had a pangolin.

Edit - after some google work I’m not sure “pasteurized” is accurate. Not sure what treatment it’s given but I was told by the purchaser that it’s not just straight from the carcass to the container.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey made queso that is foundationally based with Kroger brand Velveeta and chorizo. I had a bunch yesterday and then again today for lunch. The celery isn't keeping up it's fiber responsibilities. Bad things are happening here...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So I interviewed with the owner, there are about a dozen folks in the home office and a few folks in Germany. He was happy with my background and seemed to like what I had to say. It's a stretch for sure, but they are aware it's likely a stretch for just about anyone. In office to start then 2/3 days a week if needed once up and running.

I was a little excited about getting a job, but this sounds pretty awesome. Real Time OS on distributed networks running industrial tools. The first project is benchmarking and testing single core CPU systems vs multi core CPU systems. :nerd:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So I interviewed with the owner, there are about a dozen folks in the home office and a few folks in Germany. He was happy with my background and seemed to like what I had to say. It's a stretch for sure, but they are aware it's likely a stretch for just about anyone. In office to start then 2/3 days a week if needed once up and running.

I was a little excited about getting a job, but this sounds pretty awesome. Real Time OS on distributed networks running industrial tools. The first project is benchmarking and testing single core CPU systems vs multi core CPU systems. :nerd:
GL JD!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
o
My wife came home with a breville fruit juicer today.
have fun the three times you use it. we got one years ago as a gift from a friend after i resisted buying one new for years. probably used it twice. it takes up space in our closet now next to other stupid appliances we used three times, like the yogurt maker and bread machine. only things worth it imo are stand mixer, food processor, pressure cooker, and immersion blender. oh, and coffee maker/grinder of course.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
have fun the three times you use it. we got one years ago as a gift from a friend after i resisted buying one new for years. probably used it twice. it takes up space in our closet now next to other stupid appliances we used three times, like the yogurt maker and bread machine. only things worth it imo are stand mixer, food processor, pressure cooker, and immersion blender. oh, and coffee maker/grinder of course.

Stuff like this we actually use fairly consistently. Plus we've been talking about getting one for a while. Our bread maker gets used fairly routinely, but we've been out of the habit since before Xmas because holidays and then big vacation 2 weeks ago. The least used appliance is probably the pitzel make, but the once a year it comes out I'm glad we have it.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
No industrial grade meat slicer; no care. :fancy:

Rice cooker, water boiler, (fully automatic) espresso maker, toaster and meat slicer are on the counter. All sorts of other rando stuff stowed underneath here and there.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Stuff like this we actually use fairly consistently. Plus we've been talking about getting one for a while. Our bread maker gets used fairly routinely, but we've been out of the habit since before Xmas because holidays and then big vacation 2 weeks ago. The least used appliance is probably the pitzel make, but the once a year it comes out I'm glad we have it.
we stopped using the bread machine when we found a good quick overnight rise/easy oven bake recipe.

also, @chuffer - we actually have an alfa meat grinder, unused and new in box, if you want one...mil's boyfriend who worked in restaurant sales gave it to us one year...

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Gotta have my pans. Cast and stainless for all my cooking needs. A rice cooker/instant pot is used very often. Coffee grinder and maker. I’ll call them kitchen items as they are 5 feet out of the kitchen, my 3 grills are used multiple times a week year round. Mmmm food, now I’m hungry