Quantcast

PA results

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Sick pics matt. I like that last one of lars... also the sequence of Lars, Casey, Bryn is cool, because i was up at the top taking pics of the same run.....

as seen in this detailed diagram......

Attachments

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
oly said:
Sick pics matt. I like that last one of lars... also the sequence of Lars, Casey, Bryn is cool, because i was up at the top taking pics of the same run.....

as seen in this detailed diagram......
wow. I'm shocked you noticed that.

You took many great picks too.

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
MUTOLI said:
No comment on taken out on purpose! :(
His wrist is really sore. His elbow/arm and knee took alot of the impact! He will be ok...just a couple gashes in his elbow that may take a bit to heal, not to mention the swelling... Thank god he didn't re-injure his wrist!! That would have been really bad.
Come on Joy. Think about what you are implying. There were three guys (Ethan, Ben and Brian) neck and neck on a straight away heading into the second double. Explain to me how someone would "purposely" take someone out in that situation. All three of those guys are seasoned racers and all three of those guys were pinning it! They got tangled up, end of story.

I just got back from the doc to have my hand X rayed just in case and it's all good. I got tangled up off the start by being pushed to the out side into the go no where lane and "bam!", down I went. We tangled and thats racing. I didn't blame any one.

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
Hollis,

Glad to hear you're all good. That looked like a rough one. I wished you guys could have stayed through sunday. Next time.

I reccomend the troy lee for mtx from now on my brutha!

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
ride said:
Hollis,

Glad to hear you're all good. That looked like a rough one. I wished you guys could have stayed through sunday. Next time.

Thanks man. Yeah, I should of been wearing the fullface fo' sho! The only thing that really messed me up was after a while I couldn't move my left hand so I thought it was broke. Sunday morning it was even worse. It is starting to feel better today so I should be good by this weekend maybe?

Hey nice job out there! You were killing it! It was good to ride with all you guys on Saturday in the 4X. We just don't get to do that to often with DH. Let's hook up soon and go play around somewhere up your way.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
holliswood said:
Actually, ..I'm such a short chubbi!
And we still love you :heart: :D

I remember the first (and last) 4x I did at PA. In the second or third "turn" I got forced out and into the hay bails. Didn't go down, but pretty much stopped.
When I got to the bottom the guy that forced me out was braggin' to his friends how he took me out. Up to that point I had no hard feelings, but to hear him say that I was about to drill him. So I walk up to him and ask him if he took me out on purpose and (since he was about half my size) he started saying how sorry he was and how it was an accident and then cleared out pretty quickly.
My point, none really? Oh, wait - racing is racing and things happen. When you have up to four people at a time on a relatively small course going all out, things happen. How many people that crashed out of the 4x weren't there on Sunday?
Ben seems to be good people and I don't think he set out to "take" anyone out. I didn't see it up close, but unless it was like that movie Breakin' Away where the townie was cleanin up the cool roadie kids so they stuck a pump in his wheel then they had to duct tape his feet to his pedals so he could finish then I don't think "taken out" out is a fair thing to say or even imply. Besides, Ethans so hot how could anyone take him out on purpose?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
holliswood said:
Actually, thats Ben. I'm much shorter and chubbier!
Doh! I see it now. I shoulda been looking at the goggle straps. You had the green thing going down... well rename that pic and send to ben..... I assume you got the ones i sent ya?

d

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
trailhacker said:
Yeah, every time he raced against you!
BUUURRRRNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally!! Someone with the correct counter-burn to my burn!!

I don't see how anyone could blame me. You lob a softball up in the air, how can you expect that no-one will tak a swing at it??

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
so whats the deal on the dh results besides the pro class?
i heard there was some mix up on the course layout for sport and beginner class.............
I personally was racing in the sport class and made the turn right (straight) off white knuckle for the first run (which was correct), but for the second run, the right turn was taped off and you had to go left onto white knuckle for the rest of the run instead of taking the alternate route
What are they doing about that mix-up and the times/results for those classes :help:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
downhillracer said:
so whats the deal on the dh results besides the pro class?
Kevin talked with Jason last night. They have the times figured out. The results should be up late today, or by tomorrow at the latest.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
holliswood said:
Come on Joy. Think about what you are implying. There were three guys (Ethan, Ben and Brian) neck and neck on a straight away heading into the second double. Explain to me how someone would "purposely" take someone out in that situation. All three of those guys are seasoned racers and all three of those guys were pinning it! They got tangled up, end of story.

I just got back from the doc to have my hand X rayed just in case and it's all good. I got tangled up off the start by being pushed to the out side into the go no where lane and "bam!", down I went. We tangled and thats racing. I didn't blame any one.
You are right...it's a race and that stuff is bound to happen. Sorry for making it seem like I was blaming someone. I guess I was mostly trying to say...I don't know what the hell happened.. MTX is like that though..bam, your down!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
trailhacker said:
Wait, I think I found the picture of Ethan getting taken out. Who is that clown anyways....
OK, I'm done, going home now.
I thought Bryn was going to land on top of him...but luckily Ethan was able to hold on to the lead.

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
holliswood said:
ride said:
Hollis,

Thanks man. Yeah, I should of been wearing the fullface fo' sho! The only thing that really messed me up was after a while I couldn't move my left hand so I thought it was broke. Sunday morning it was even worse. It is starting to feel better today so I should be good by this weekend maybe?

Hey nice job out there! You were killing it! It was good to ride with all you guys on Saturday in the 4X. We just don't get to do that to often with DH. Let's hook up soon and go play around somewhere up your way.
Yeah you gotta get up here. It sounds like Bryn is going to come up for some epic shredding as well.