Quantcast

Pictures from Downieville...

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Nice. I ended up picking up that splitboard that you commented on in the self xmas gift thread. I've only got 1 day on it so far but it's alot of fun and sure beats the hell out of snow shoes.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
dfinn said:
Nice. I ended up picking up that splitboard that you commented on in the self xmas gift thread. I've only got 1 day on it so far but it's alot of fun and sure beats the hell out of snow shoes.
sickkkk... you got a prior splitboard ??? you lucky bastid... where did ya pick it up from ?? i think i m gonna convert my old ride with a voile kit... lemme know how that thing works out for ya...

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Not a Prior, although that would be my choice if money was no issue. I got a barely used Voile off of a guy on ebay, and he lived down on the south shore of tahoe so I was able to just drive down and pick it up.

I was going to cut one myself but I didn't have a board that was big enough so by the time I bought a board, the split kit and skins it would've been as much or more than what I paid for the voile board that came with everything.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
dfinn said:
Not a Prior, although that would be my choice if money was no issue. I got a barely used Voile off of a guy on ebay, and he lived down on the south shore of tahoe so I was able to just drive down and pick it up.

I was going to cut one myself but I didn't have a board that was big enough so by the time I bought a board, the split kit and skins it would've been as much or more than what I paid for the voile board that came with everything.
yeah the prior is the one i d like, but it s pretty $$$$$... where do you live dfinn ???

we ll have to go splitboardin sometime :thumb:

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Incline Village. It's on the north shore just over the NV border. Hit me up when you get in town, and once the snow metls I know a couple of bike trails too ;)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
partsbara said:
i m bumpin this thread up...

BE SCARED NOR CAL - partsbara moves to truckee in 4 months :)
My longstanding crush on partsbara shall finally see its full realization. MikeD says you're cute.

I do the snow hike thing too. Dfinn and I can show you some stuff.

You know this already but you'll right by northstar and all the dh riding contained within. Plus the endless xc riding...........

Drop me a line when you get here.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
kidwoo said:
My longstanding crush on partsbara shall finally see its full realization. MikeD says you're cute.

I do the snow hike thing too. Dfinn and I can show you some stuff.

You know this already but you'll right by northstar and all the dh riding contained within. Plus the endless xc riding...........

Drop me a line when you get here.
what does mikeD know ??? 'cute', i m a farkin supermodel... we all know mikeD would have sex with a rattle snake if someone held it s head :)

i m stoked to be hittin N*... gonna be good to hook up with you blokes and do some real riding (in the dust :) )

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
partsbara said:
'would you F____ me, i d F____ me...' :) :help: :blah:

how was oz biatch ???
Still here for another couple of days mate. Gonna go out and have a nice fat one in a minute. And if ya wanna live in the South West, make sure ya minted now mate.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
valve bouncer said:
Still here for another couple of days mate. Gonna go out and have a nice fat one in a minute. And if ya wanna live in the South West, make sure ya minted now mate.
yeah, no fuggin doubt... i say we assasinate richard court... that prick has always bugged me... whats so spendy VB ??? bud ??? :)

wait till you see our 500K (aussie) house in nor cal... talk about not being able to swing a cat... at least i ll be close to crook DH and snowboarding...

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
partsbara said:
yeah, no fuggin doubt... i say we assasinate richard court... that prick has always bugged me... whats so spendy VB ??? bud ??? :)

wait till you see our 500K (aussie) house in nor cal... talk about not being able to swing a cat... at least i ll be close to crook DH and snowboarding...
If you could afford a house in Truckee then you must be doing OK. Where about's is it?

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
dfinn said:
If you could afford a house in Truckee then you must be doing OK. Where about's is it?
nah mate... i wish.. i ll be livin in truckee for a year - renting... then my wife and i are goin to buy a house out in grass valley ( :) ) or penn valley... halfway between her work and the mountains... we have a budget of 270 - 300... unfortunately it doesn t seem to buy ya much out that way :(

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
partsbara said:
nah mate... i wish.. i ll be livin in truckee for a year - renting... then my wife and i are goin to buy a house out in grass valley ( :) ) or penn valley... halfway between her work and the mountains... we have a budget of 270 - 300... unfortunately it doesn t seem to buy ya much out that way :(
It's tough, but that seems to me like a really ideal place to live. Great mtb'ing, not to far from the lake, don't have to deal with shoveling in the winter but it's a short drive to get to the snow.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
dfinn said:
It's tough, but that seems to me like a really ideal place to live. Great mtb'ing, not to far from the lake, don't have to deal with shoveling in the winter but it's a short drive to get to the snow.
well thats good to hear ya say that dfinn, since neither the wife, nor i have ever been out that way... she ll be working at beale AFB and i ll hook into something bike / snowboard related... much the same as i do here...

i get a fairly decent rental allowance for truckee - around 1500 p/month... but my plan is something cheapish and pocket the remainder... thats the plan anyway :)