Quantcast

Plattekill roll call

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Who is going to be there?

I will be there friday afternoon with beer in hand.
I'm 90% sur eI'm going to stick to my guns and continue my retirement/boycott of racing at platty.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
In. Parking up top either with the drunks to the left or with the old men '518' crew to the right, depending on whether or not pterodactyl gets back to me!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
518 crew, hmmm . ya just gave me an idea.

any ways want a little :spam: ?

2009 Plattekill USAC NYS State Downhill Championship Series
Race #1 May 2-3, 2009

It’s finally here the start of the 2009 Downhill Race Season in The East.
Plattekill Bike Park’s first DH race in 2009 will feature a sweet classic fall line race track, “DaBomb”. It’s called that for a very good reason, it’s steep. The Delta House Trail Crew added a 20’ gap at the top and one at the bottom in addition to a 30’ step down drop midway down, you can go around if your not up to it.

Plenty of practice time will be available: 9-5 on Saturday and 8-11 on Sunday, Race starts at 12 noon with awards following.

Plattekill Bike Park will be paying cash 3 deep -- $20 per racer entry in the Pro class and $10 per racer entry to all Cat1 classes. Payback will be given on the following percentage ratio basis; 55/30/15. Cat2 and Cat3 will receive sponsor-donated prizes as available. All classes will receive custom 2009 Plattekill Medals. While upping the payouts ALL Race fees have been reduced to $70 for Pros, $60 for Cat1, while Cat2 & Cat3 Racers will pay only $45.

All race entries include a 2-day lift ticket.

MORE CASH FOR ALL RACERS: On top of our cash payouts NEMA has partnered with us to pay CASH to the top three in ALL race classes through The NEMA Cash Contingency Program. The plan will pay pros $50/25/15 and Cat 1,2 & 3 will be paid $25/15/10 for those that wear a NEMA product and list them as a sponsor on our race entry sheet.

May 2-3 Race #1 DH
June 13-14 Race #2 DH&DS
July 25-26 Race #3 DH&DS
September 5-6 Race #4 DH&DS Double Points
September 19-20 Race #5 DH&DS
October 10-11 Race #6 DH&DS Gravity East Series Finals Race #11 DH&DS
October 24-25 Race #7 Series Finals Double Points

Lower DH Race Fees
$45.00 Cat2-3(beginner/sport) Top 3 Medals and Prizes PLUS NEMA Cash
$60.00 Cat1(expert) Top 3 Medals and Cash PLUS NEMA Cash
$70.00 USAC Pro Top 3 Medals and Cash PLUS NEMA Cash
All Race Fees Include Saturday AND Sunday Lift Tickets

Every DH Series Race will Pay CASH to the top three Pro and ALL Cat1 Age Groups

Every Series Race is Part of the NEMA Cash Contingency Program
CAMPING: Camping facilities are located at Plattekill Mountain, nestled at the base of the mountain's natural bowl. RVs, campers and tents are all welcome! Cost for camping is $10/night per tent or camper/trailer.
Ride Fees:
All Day Lift $30
Two Day Same Weekend Lift $40
After 2pm Lift $23
One Time Lift with Bike $10
Trail Access (no lift) $15
Skyride $ 5
Season Pass $240
SEASON PASS SPECIAL UNTIL MAY 15, 2009……$199

Plattekill Mountain is the longest operating bike park in the Northeast with
over 60 miles of bike-specific lift accessed trails operating two lifts to
two mountain peaks.

Roxbury, NY (607) 326-3500
www.plattekill.com.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It’s finally here the start of the 2009 Downhill Race Season in The East.
Plattekill Bike Park’s first DH race in 2009 will feature a sweet classic fall line race track, “DaBomb”. It’s called that for a very good reason, it’s steep. The Delta House Trail Crew added a 20’ gap at the top and one at the bottom in addition to a 30’ step down drop midway down, you can go around if your not up to it.
You were using your Pinkbike ruler, weren't you? :busted:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
In. Parking up top either with the drunks to the left or with the old men '518' crew to the right, depending on whether or not pterodactyl gets back to me!

He is in. From what I understand he is also staying at the house for some pyrotechnics fun :banana:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Hopefully this isn't too big a can of worms I'm opening, but, um.... why?

I am fat and drunk and have raced many times that way but that is not why I am not racing there anymore.

Poor timing equipment is why I am not racing there. 3 consecutive race runs at 2 back to back races with no time recorded was enough for me to throw in the towel. It sucks to go balls out on your race run to be told at the bottom that you need to go back up for a re run becasue the timing equipment failed.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I'm debating it. I have to fly to Europe Monday morning and it's a 6 hour drive back to montreal after the race Sunday.

just do it. the Delta House crew will show you how red blooded Americans drink.

just split after the Pro/Expert race....err i mean Pro/Cat 1 race

Kev-what time you getting there? cause Nolan and Bob arent getting there till 8ish. i should be there by 5:00 i think

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I can't do labatt. I get a vicious (irony) headache. I like Pabst though. I also have to make sure I can get a license betwen now and 4pm today when the federation here closes.
Nolan the Delta House Racing head man sweats PBR.

I like the good beers but I drink so much at platty I need to drink blue to keep the cost down.

I just finished the last of a Dogfishhead IPA last night. That stuff is nice.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I can't do labatt. I get a vicious (irony) headache. I like Pabst though. I also have to make sure I can get a license betwen now and 4pm today when the federation here closes.
The federation? wtf are you from, Star Trek?
Wait a second, am I to interpret "make sure I can get a license" to mean a racing license? As in you would race???

FWIW, you can get one day licenses on site at Platty, but I'm not sure if you international cats are eligible for it.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Wait a second, am I to interpret "make sure I can get a license" to mean a racing license? As in you would race???

FWIW, you can get one day licenses on site at Platty, but I'm not sure if you international cats are eligible for it.
Ya, if I go i'll race. Have to keep up my 4 race a year minimum. This way I'd have Plattekill, European championships, Canadian Championships and Bromont Canada cup. It's too bad I didn't race in Chile, I could have have Chilean championships too.

Ha!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ya, if I go i'll race. Have to keep up my 4 race a year minimum. This way I'd have Plattekill, European championships, Canadian Championships and Bromont Canada cup. It's too bad I didn't race in Chile, I could have have Chilean championships too.

Ha!

Sweet merciful crap!

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Poor timing equipment is why I am not racing there. 3 consecutive race runs at 2 back to back races with no time recorded was enough for me to throw in the towel. It sucks to go balls out on your race run to be told at the bottom that you need to go back up for a re run becasue the timing equipment failed.
Haha - I haven't raced there since 1999. Sounds like nothing has changed.