Quantcast

PLATTEKILL TRAILWORK/RIDE APRIL 18th-19th

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
OK folks now that you guys are done with the fun posts lets get back to nitty gritty of this weekend.. so we dont scare any folks away!! There are alot of trails that need some clearing, we are going to have some free giveaways on the deck with a free BBQ, drag your coolers up!!! Last year was a blast with a ton of folks helping out, and riding the next day.
P.S. Downhill Mike I will lend a hand with some work getting trails running at your spot after this is over
BUNKS

dap

Chimp
Jul 25, 2006
Central, NY
OK folks now that you guys are done with the fun posts lets get back to nitty gritty of this weekend.. so we dont scare any folks away!! There are alot of trails that need some clearing, we are going to have some free giveaways on the deck with a free BBQ, drag your coolers up!!! Last year was a blast with a ton of folks helping out, and riding the next day.
P.S. Downhill Mike I will lend a hand with some work getting trails running at your spot after this is over
BUNKS
LOL bunks trying to be serious for once!!! Count me in btw! Didn't make it down much last season so hopefully I will make up for it this year...

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Any event that gives me an excuse to travel across state lines with my hatchet is one I can get behind.

Do you want us to RSVP if we're coming out for this? Send a PM to bunkerchunks?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Do you want us to RSVP if we're coming out for this? Send a PM to bunkerchunks?
yes, and yes.

we'll obviously be keeping tally on saturday for those who work....and get to ride!
and ill be taking pics throughout the day along with group shots (just to be extra ghey)

Last edited:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
what hours are the lifts open the next day?
The lifts will be open 6-7 hours on Sunday, BUT only for those who work a full day on Saturday. Make sure to register Saturday morning in the base lodge. The lift will bring us up to work on the mountain Saturday, once in the early morning and once after lunch. Ride up, work walking down. It's a pretty easy fun day. There will be some tools but best to bring your own. Those with leaf blowers go to the front of the line.

Last year we had just over 50 trail workers a BBQ and a keg. Expect the same this year

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The lifts will be open 6-7 hours on Sunday, BUT only for those who work a full day on Saturday. Make sure to register Saturday morning in the base lodge. The lift will bring us up to work on the mountain Saturday, once in the early morning and once after lunch. Ride up, work walking down. It's a pretty easy fun day. There will be some tools but best to bring your own. Those with leaf blowers go to the front of the line.

Last year we had just over 50 trail workers a BBQ and a keg. Expect the same this year
Might wanna make it 2 kegs this year.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
I think Tim and I are going to come up friday because we're on break so we'll be able to start working early. I might be able to get a leaf blower and some other stuff from work.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I think Tim and I are going to come up friday because we're on break so we'll be able to start working early. I might be able to get a leaf blower and some other stuff from work.
Don't forget your sleeping bag so you and timmy can play tummy sticks

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i wonder if those guys from Canada will come down again...the ones who thought we were open to ride, but still worked on saturday

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
That was kind of funny how that all worked out. They were cool guys thought
they seemed to not really mind so much. i woulda been pissed if i came from canada to ride and not be able to on saturday....actually, id be pissed if i was from canada.

is pabst considered an acceptable trail tool?
no, and if you do you wont be able to ride on sunday.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
18 more days and you're already bitching at somebody.
ido the guido, control the hate.
you might need all the anger you can muster to get The Thing to leave the mountain, I heard he's coming.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
18 more days and you're already bitching at somebody.
ido the guido, control the hate.
you might need all the anger you can muster to get The Thing to leave the mountain, I heard he's coming.
i bitch at Jon all the time...especially now that he's a yocal to my parent's house.
who is "the thing?"
if youre talking about PSP then i dont mind... as long as he works. and stays away from me