Quantcast

PLATTEKILL TRAILWORK/RIDE APRIL 18th-19th

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
same goes for him...if he works and stars far the fvck away from me, then i dont care. we can always use comic relief....even if its in the form of Evan, winner of the edgemont rampage.

where in god's green earth did you get that pics of him?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Oh fvck! I know that guy. He was at diablo during the us open. He kept asking me to adjust his handlebars because he did not know how.
his mom and him were in front of my friend and i when we were registering saying out loud how he is going to turn pro that year and dominate everyone.
it was great. that made my day, cause his mom (and dad) are just as nuts as him. they look like they did too much acid during woodstock

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
The "The Thing" OHHH NOOO!
Anyhow we are going up this weekend to do a pre:trail work weekend, DELTA CREW, ALBANY CREW, and LI CREW,, BTW fellas we have kegs for this coming weekend.. Sunday is the day cutting back brush on warm up trail and RE:WORKING free ride trail called UN:FINISHED BUSINESS formally known as " crazy horse" cutting new lines for new stunts/drops/ect..ALL ENVITED!!! this is a pre:trail work weekend.. as far as the 18th trail work weekend can anyone get in touch with Jim Patavina to get his band up there I lost his email:imstupid:

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
his mom and him were in front of my friend and i when we were registering saying out loud how he is going to turn pro that year and dominate everyone.
it was great. that made my day, cause his mom (and dad) are just as nuts as him. they look like they did too much acid during woodstock
Haha. Its funny how he gets a kick out of riding around and bouncing on his bike. At the US open, a guy almost sold him a 2001 nicolai dh frame with manitou stance dual crowns. You know why he didn't buy it? Because when bounced on it he didn't like it. Does he ever follow you around?

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
The "The Thing" OHHH NOOO!
Anyhow we are going up this weekend to do a pre:trail work weekend, DELTA CREW, ALBANY CREW, and LI CREW,, BTW fellas we have kegs for this coming weekend.. Sunday is the day cutting back brush on warm up trail and RE:WORKING free ride trail called UN:FINISHED BUSINESS formally known as " crazy horse" cutting new lines for new stunts/drops/ect..ALL ENVITED!!! this is a pre:trail work weekend.. as far as the 18th trail work weekend can anyone get in touch with Jim Patavina to get his band up there I lost his email:imstupid:
This weekend? Damn it. I can't make it.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
I don't mean to rsurrect this thread again, but I just looked at the plattekill website and it says that the 18/19 weekend will be trailwork both days. Is this true? I was under the impression there'd be riding for the volunteers on sunday...

Just trying to get the info straight.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
I don't mean to rsurrect this thread again, but I just looked at the plattekill website and it says that the 18/19 weekend will be trailwork both days. Is this true? I was under the impression there'd be riding for the volunteers on sunday...

We were supposed to work on things yesterday, but that got canned due to the snow and rain leaving everything a frozen block of ice. So basically behind schedule a day. If a lot gets done, will the lifts will be fired up for a few hours on the 19th? I don't know.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
We were supposed to work on things yesterday, but that got canned due to the snow and rain leaving everything a frozen block of ice. So basically behind schedule a day. If a lot gets done, will the lifts will be fired up for a few hours on the 19th? I don't know.
Whoa, don't know who told ya that. there were 8 of us up there yesterday, we worked on the freeride trail building new stunts, clearing that trail and cutting some down trees on the warmup run. There was an inch or two of snow on the trails but just a dusting in the woods. Laszlo drove the truck up with the bbq in the back and cooked for us. We definately had a fun day and are all itching to ride. We are ahead of schedule for sure.

The work weekend will of course go on as scheduled. Work Saturday, ride Sunday all on the triple side.

The first race May 2,3 will be on the triple side as well.

A few may go up on this coming Saturday to clear some more on the double side.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
FAIL!!!

you sure you went to Platty and not Bellayre?

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

So is the information on the website an error? Build/ride is still build/ride and not build/build?

You can't believe everything you read on the internet :bonk:

That being said, I need to look for my hard hat.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast

Big thanks for that heads up. The website will be corrected tomorrow.

WORK SATURDAY/RIDE SUNDAY

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
website corrected !!

We are having our official "pre-season" volunteer work/ride weekend, April
18 and 19, 2009. It's for everyone interested in helping get the Plattekill
bike trails kicked into shape for the upcoming season and getting a chance
to ride our world class trails before anyone else. All who help out will
get a free delicious BBQ along with a few other surprises that Delta House
has been working on. We'll be working on Saturday starting at 9am
and riding on Sunday with lift access (limited only to those that work on
Saturday). Sign in at 9 am Saturday in the base lodge. You must sign
in and work on Saturday to ride on Sunday.
Hope to see you here!!!

For more you can contact us at info@plattekill.com

Work Weekend Info Here

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that wallride looks entirely too short, steep, and too tight of a radius.

also, going on a fireworks run this weekend... any requests?