Quantcast

PORTLAND Thread

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
yeah i mean the larch in WA. i would probably head out there around 3:30 or 4 but if you want to meet up and ride there anytime this afternoon would work

Jul 19, 2002
Vancouver Washington
If anyone is intrested in some 888r 200mm travel forks with a steer tube of 7 3/8 a friend of mine will let his go for $700 that includes the intergrated stem, and race face handled bars. Would like to sell them locally.

GFXRACE

Chimp
Mar 12, 2004
VANC. WA
BE CAREFULL NOT TO OVER BUILD IN ONE AREA .

THE STUFF DOWN BUY THE GOAL POST WAS REMOVED
TWO 10 FT LONG RAMPS WERE REMOVED IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS. THE GOAL POST IS AT THE FAR WEST END OF THE TRAIL
ANY ONE KNOW ABOUT THIS. MY SHOVEL & SAW WERE REMOVED AS WELL OR MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION
THANKS GFXRACE

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
so, portland people, what's the deal with leadbetters tomorrow? afternoon again?

scriz

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
I'd like to check it out but tomorrow is all about landscaping and hanging with the lady. I'll be at Post Canyon sunday morning though... probably 10ish. What are the trails like at leadbetters?

-ben

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Get_Some
how about PC on SUnday as well...Toshi, PM Charlie...Frank...Clean out your PM box...
excellent :thumb: . the time may change, but for now, 10:30 on sunday at the truck stop? edit. make that 12 noon :D

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
Toshi...You'll come to find that 10:30 and sunday are NOT in my vocab :D seriously tho, I'm shooting for more like 12 or so, we've got alot more daylight now, and it may be bloody hot during the day, I'd rather ride later and clearer headed, I've had a rough week of construction work and Fire school, I'm definately gonna live it up this weekend...:devil:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
This is my first time seeing your' local thread. Sweet! I live in Portland, near downtown. Maybe I'll see you guys at PC or ledbetter, I'll be on a Mountain Cycle.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
If anyone wants to ride urban downtown PDX give me a call. I ride almost everyday after work, M-F 7:00-3:30 pm. My wrist has been bothering me lately so I've been keeping it fairly mellow, mostly manualling and low impact stuff with the odd stair gap thrown in.

Tim
cell (503) 307-3586

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Hey chuck, it's time to clear out you PM's.
I'll meet ya at the truckstop at 9:30. Cant wait.

TWISTED, Welcome to "the Portland thread". the thread that keeps going and going and going....

Dave, whats up? PM me, you dont want to pass on this one!!

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
It sounds like me and some friends are going to do the "Sincline trail" tomorrow. If you aren't familiar with it, it's across the river from Hood River in Washington. About three miles out past Bingin on 14 to the left. We shuttle to the top. There are a couple of different ways down, both way fun twisty sigletrack with a variety of natural obstacles.
We usually go out and do fast DH runs with drops, jumps and such but two of us are trying to get healed up so this trail is a good choice.
We are leaving Portland about 10:30, should be out there before noon. See ya out there.

Tim,
(503) 307-3586

Mallet

Chimp
Originally posted by Get_Some
Damn...Nice gift...Cute kid, he looks stoked eh :D watch him, he'll be takin over your ride before you know it... is it your son?
Yeah, thats my son, and he better take over my ride soon cuz I getting too old for this sh**! Seriously, I cant wait for the day that he and I can hit the trails together.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Chuckwagon
10:30 or 12:00 works for me. Toshi, If you want to go at 10:30 and meet the others a couple hours later, I'll do that.
ok 12 noon at the truckstop? eh? eh?

for the record, in case anyone not down with the routine wants to come: 12 noon at the ta truckstop in troutdale, off of exit 17 on i-84.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I rode Syncline and Post Canyon today, just got home, great fun. First time getting my new bike in the dirt and riding hard since hurting my wrist. The upper trails at PC are really dry, dusty, and slippery.
I think were heading out there tommorrow.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Originally posted by Toshi
ok 12 noon at the truckstop? eh? eh?

for the record, in case anyone not down with the routine wants to come: 12 noon at the ta truckstop in troutdale, off of exit 17 on i-84.
Which truck stop? The first one or the second one. I think ones called Flying J?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by TWISTED
Which truck stop? The first one or the second one. I think ones called Flying J?
i said already :devil: . TA truckstop, after the chevron but before the flying j. same compound as subway and arco if that helps :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
another weekend of good riding with :monkey:s has passed. :thumb: i'm going to be in some discomfort, if not outright pain, for the next few days tho. ow. poor me.

anyway, here's advance notice of a friday daytime ride at falls city. i have the week off from work :rolleyes: for better or worse, and i want to expand my weekend warrior horizons.

edit: i think i'm going to bail on friday and this weekend. going to boston to hang out :thumb:

gorgechris

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Traveling the eastern U.S.
Sorry I didn't get to hook up with you guys this weekend, I was too busy riding!

Hit PC on Friday evening to preview a new trail called 8-Track. Not yet officially open, but a good intermediate FR descent with good flow.

On Saturday it was Mary's Peak for some of the best technical XC the state has to offer. Check it out if you get down around Corvallis.

Sunday morning was a fitness climb up to Nestor's Peak here in HR. Super fast, rippy descent makes it worthwhile, give it a try in spring or fall for best conditions.

Sunday evening was PC again. Trying to work up the 'nads to hit the teeter on GP, and then doing balancing acts on that new skinny at the bottom of Dropout. Good fun!

I believe the GFRA maps of PC are now done and in the local bike shops. They should be helpful in getting oriented and finding new stuff to hit.

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Hey Thruster, we just missed ya on Sat. I noticed your pimp-mobile on the way down as we were headin up to the top. We were there around 4:00.
I think I'll be there this Sat. since I have to work and wont be able to ride untill like 3 or 4.
Anyone else in for Leadbetters sat afternoon?

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I'd love to ride in the afternoon this week, but I just started a new job at UPS (M-F, twilight shift- 5:30-9:00) and I get off school at 2:10, so for the rest of this term I have pretty much no time during the week to ride. Hopefully for next term my schedule will allow more riding on weekdays!

Well, I was gonna ask Toshi if he was going to PC this weekend but I just read that he's bailing for boston....

So, is anyone else going to PC this weekend?

Jul 19, 2002
Vancouver Washington
Mallet, lets see what the weather is like on thursday. If it is wet then I am out don't get me wrong I don't mine riding in the wet but I have to work in the afternoon and it takes me to long to clean the bike and myself before work.
Have you been to Larch?