Quantcast

PORTLAND Thread

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Get_Some said:
I really need to get out to PC again soon, the gorge games FR event looked sicko...Maybe I'll try'n hook up with Frizanko and get out there...
Yeah you do... The Gorge games were hectic. There were so many people up there. We ended up just riding all the lower stuff and not even trying to make it up to GP to watch the comp.
I'm trying to get a ride from T-line to Welches going for this weekend if anyone is down for it.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
frizanko said:
I'm trying to get a ride from T-line to Welches going for this weekend if anyone is down for it.
Hey, we are thinking of doing that ride on the 25th now (a sunday). It was talked about last week as the 24th but snacks has a family thing to do. So, would you be around for a ride then too? Im commited to something else this weekend. I was going to post it in a new thread but keep getting side tracked.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Hey, we are thinking of doing that ride on the 25th now (a sunday). It was talked about last week as the 24th but snacks has a family thing to do. So, would you be around for a ride then too? Im commited to something else this weekend. I was going to post it in a new thread but keep getting side tracked.
Dude, didn't you get my email. The 24th is a go!

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Snacks said:
Dude, didn't you get my email. The 24th is a go!
Hey, LOCALS ONLY! This is the PORTLAND thread!
Just kidding. :D
If I don't go to Whistler for Crankworks I'll try to hook up with you guys.
(no promises on the purple bike)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
TWISTED said:
Sorry :( but Oly started it.

I've been to PTL once, doesn't that make me enough of a local? ;)

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
frizanko said:
Yeah you do... The Gorge games were hectic. There were so many people up there. We ended up just riding all the lower stuff and not even trying to make it up to GP to watch the comp.
Ive never ridden that but id like to.. what day? Also.. Zane - if i end up going to mt hood for that id probably be up for PC the other day of the weekend.

Is anyone planning on riding any vancouver area stuff this week? Edit - it sounds like zane and i will be riding somewhere friday morning until 4 or so... anyone else want to come?

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Ryan- any word from marzocchi about your fork? I'm gonna have my hardtail ('03 norco two-50 w/Z1) by this saturday or monday so you need to get yours going for some urban destruction.

And remember those pics you were gonna email to me.... could you send them?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Charlie, your deck looks beautiful.
Ryan I've got a 3.00" x 24" tire you can have. I put the monster on the sin, I think that should work well. (there's an old 2-1/2" travel fork on my dh bike)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
TWISTED said:

Does being born in Hillsboro, growing up in seaside, and living in portland for 6 years qualify me for posting in this thread?????

HAHA,

Im sure the CW fest at whistler would be fun, but ill wait for it to be on video, and ride instead. If you can make it that would be cool.....

gunslingger

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Vancouver, WA
that looks sweet and shiny but to be complete it needs a hot tub and a few chicks (preferably drunk ones) in bikinis.....word that would be rad!!!!!

does anyone here know how to remove tons of dust from a downtube. i never got the chance to install diamond plate before i stopped riding.

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Chuckwagon said:
The deck project is complete! And a weekend when I'm not working.

Frizanko-
Im up for riding TL sunday.

Does your buddy still need that helmet?
Hey Chuck... Yeah he still needs a FF lid. As for the ride this weekend Sunday sounds like it'll work for most of y'all. It would be best if we had a trailer or BIG truck since the shuttle is pretty long. I guess it really depends on how many people show up.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I have a FF helmet that I'd be willing to sell, let me know if someone's interested. When is everyone heading out on sunday for TL?

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
TWISTED said:
Charlie, your deck looks beautiful.
Ryan I've got a 3.00" x 24" tire you can have. I put the monster on the sin, I think that should work well. (there's an old 2-1/2" travel fork on my dh bike)
Thanks for the tire offer, but i got a 2.3 that will work for both my scream and my soon to be fixed hardtail since i only have one rear wheel right now.

Im planning on coming out sunday to ride timberline.. but is anyone still planning on riding PC or something Saturday? I also threw togethor a video tonight of stuff i got from the gorge games. There was alot better riding than i got on film as well, but after about 30 minutes of watching the comp i got bored and went to ride the rest of PC.
heres the link:
http://home.comcast.net/~r_gustafson/PCcomp.WMV

scriz

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
Nice vid Ryan. Wish I could go check out Timberline with everyone this weekend. I went out of town after riding PC & Wildcat a few weekends back and was in pain most of the time. When I got back I went to the doctor and it turns out I broke a rib... must have been when I went OTB and the bars skewered me. Anyway, I'm stuck on the road bike for a little bit longer. Are people still thinking of a Whistler trip in Aug? I'll be up there the 14th-20th with some bro's from Seattle and CA.

cheers,
-Ben

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Ryan, thanks for the video. It's funny that you caught my sweaty friend Kevin falling off the logs. :D
I was thinking about PC saturday. :thumb:

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Funny little vid... was that a beginner cat., or is PC more vaginal than I had imagined? I had heard nothing but stories of huge, flowy jumps, and drops that would make you freak out in a not-so-sixties kind of way.

Is that not the case?

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
bikegrrl said:
You aren't the guy with the Scream who was on 8-track on Tuesday, are you?
nope... I didnt get to ride tuesday

It sounds like TWISTED and I will be going to ride post canyon sometime tomorrow. Who else wants to come?

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
frizanko said:
Hey Ryan, what are you guys doing for a shuttle tomorrow? I might be down to go, when are ya headin out there?
Well so far we only have my explorer going.. so we need one more to shuttle. As far as time.. it didnt sound like tim really cared and im pretty flexible.. i just dont want to get up really early.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
sam_little said:
Funny little vid... was that a beginner cat., or is PC more vaginal than I had imagined? I had heard nothing but stories of huge, flowy jumps, and drops that would make you freak out in a not-so-sixties kind of way.

Is that not the case?
Check out this video of the Post Canyon Gorge Games comp posted on Santiam bicycle's site.
http://www.norware.com/biking/video/postcanyon_gorgegames_broadband1MB.wmv
It's 5 min and 44 sec long, really well put together.
And it has my sweaty friend, Kevin, jumping the finish line double at the end.

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
I want to sleep in too. Sleep is good. Hows 11:00 work. Im gonna try to get a trailer but cant count on it.
Charlie, Dave where are ya guys?

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
11 would work for me. How many bikes can you get in your bronco if we cant get that trailer? I have a bike rack we could stick on front to get one or 2 more up the hill. It sounds like the main problem now is figuring out a good way to shuttle.

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Well with the top off we could prolly squeeze in a few .. I have a cheap yakima rack but i wouldnt trust it for more than 2 big bikes if that...
hey Tim do ya still have that MRP? It's a 5 bolt right? If it will fit a KHS DH50 with the Redline dual slalom cranks my buddy will deffinately want it... If ya can, bring it tomorrow...

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
frizanko said:
Well with the top off we could prolly squeeze in a few .. I have a cheap yakima rack but i wouldnt trust it for more than 2 big bikes if that...
hey Tim do ya still have that MRP? It's a 5 bolt right? If it will fit a KHS DH50 with the Redline dual slalom cranks my buddy will deffinately want it... If ya can, bring it tomorrow...
Lets meet at that TA truckstop at 11 since its easy to find. Try and get that trailer because otherwise shuttles will be hard.. but if you have the broncos top off we should be able to make it work.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
frizanko said:
OK
Now I guess I should work on my bike so I can ride tomorrow.

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Aight then... I'll be there at 11:00 with one other rider. Im gonna try to figure out the trailer situation in the morning?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Good riding with everyone today at PC. :thumb:

Ryan and I are planning on hitting some dirt jumps and do some practicing.
Were thinking about hitting Dogwood Park in Cornelious, OR. They are mtb freindly, were taking big bikes.
Anyone else want to work on their jumping skills? This place has small easy stuff to big tabletops to a big booter berm gap.

Here's some pictures of me from there taken by Karen.

Chuckwagon

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
Albany, OR
frizanko said:
I want to sleep in too. Sleep is good. Hows 11:00 work. Im gonna try to get a trailer but cant count on it.
Charlie, Dave where are ya guys?
Frank-
Got back late from carrie's (kristin's sister) wedding, not going to make it today.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
C, I'm interested in the Whistler trip, but not sure if I could go for the whole time. Are there any other folks in the area that might be going, but for a shorter stay? :help: if you can. Cheers!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Any ory-gun peeps gonna show this saturday to ride the glade trail with us warshin-tonians? Where should we meet to leave a car? Im slowly remembering the drive up hood. Having to dig up old memories of the drive up. I think i remember the DQ now, is it on the right on the way up? Just before ZigZag? Is there also one on the left in rhody? the last town before heading up, that was the one i kept remembering.... Anyways hope some of yall can show us the way....