Quantcast

PORTLAND Thread

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Man, im jealous of you PDX guys. I wish i knew of all this bike stuff back when i lived there.... Instead i just went to PCC (harvard on the hill) and drank a boat load of beer and cider at the irish pubs....oh yea, and once and a while ended up at a strip club to wasted to see..let alone drink anymore....but we always did......Ah, the memories.......

D- X PDX'er

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
oly said:
Man, im jealous of you PDX guys. I wish i knew of all this bike stuff back when i lived there.... Instead i just went to PCC (harvard on the hill) and drank a boat load of beer and danced at the gay bars....oh yea, and once and a while ended up at a male strip club to wasted to see..let alone drink anymore....but we always did......Ah, the memories....... :nuts:

D- X PDX'er
Oly, come down Saturday to check out the Red Bowl Flutag, ride around and relive the memories. Sounds like you lived a crazy life. :thumb:

Just playin' with you, hope to see you soon. :D

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Toshi, I couldn't quite get the Zen together for Thad. Still a few little parts short like front v-brake and bosses, cable, and housing, rim tape, and I can't find the levers.
I'll try to give you a call from work, you can leave me a PM.
See ya

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
thanks for the effort, but i'm sure he'll think my fully rigid xc bike is the lap of luxury. :blah: after all, before the blur he was on a cannondale :eek:

btw i am disconnecting my cable modem now, so call me: 509 989 1755. otherwise let's meet at the exit 17 ta truck stop at 4:00. :thumb:

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
oly said:
Man, im jealous of you PDX guys. I wish i knew of all this bike stuff back when i lived there.... Instead i just went to PCC (harvard on the hill) and drank a boat load of beer and cider at the irish pubs....oh yea, and once and a while ended up at a strip club to wasted to see..let alone drink anymore....but we always did......Ah, the memories.......

D- X PDX'er
Man you have no Idea how nice it is to hear someone else call PCC Harvard on the hill...you should fully come down for the FLugtag...

So who else is going to go watch this amazing show on Sat. ? I'm thinking Flugtag then some urban or whatever, we should all just meet up and go ride somewhere... Tim sounds like you're in now who else...

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
well Frank I'm thinkin we could meet up at the zoo p-lot, do a bomb down to the waterfront, watch the Flugtag, go ride some **** then Max it back up and maybe do a bomb or two more...

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Ryan and I were thinking about doing PC on saturday, any takers? We'd need someone else with a vehicle for the shuttling situation to work out.

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
frizanko said:
Right on. what time @ the Zoo?
DUnno, I'm going out drinking tonight hehehe so I'll be rough, but I'm down for whatever, call me cause I'm headed out for 40's currently :thumb:

anybody know when the thing starts???? so maybe like 10Am, 11 possibly...

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
zane said:
Ryan and I were thinking about doing PC on saturday, any takers? We'd need someone else with a vehicle for the shuttling situation to work out.
come down to P-town and go the Flugtag followed by some urban etc.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
eknomf said:
Toshi - did you guys ever go out to PC today? I was at the truckstop for quite a while and no one ever showed up.
Sorry about that Ryan. Toshi's car wouldn't hold three bikes. We tried for a long time to get them loaded, then it got late. Toshi doesn't have Zane's cell number, I don't know if Zane has Toshi's, and my phone is broken. It was about 5:30 when Toshi and Thad finally left my place. I'm not sure where they were headed but I think they were done riding for today.
Toshi's rigid xc mtb to me, doesn't seem the optimal choice for riding the stunt and drop ladden trails of Post Canyon.

Flugtag
I hear the first drop is at 1:00 pm but the event gets under way at 11:00 am or so.
I often meet up with people for rides at the fire station on the east side waterfront between the Morrison and Hawthorne bridges. It is near the event. There are obstacles to ride on, plenty of parking, and good scenery.

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Get_Some said:
come down to P-town and go the Flugtag followed by some urban etc.
We are still planning on PC i think. Flugtag wont be bike friendly... I doubt they will even let bikes in. Plus it will be way too crowded to ride much street stuff. So who else wants to come out to Post Canyon? We need one more car/truck for easy shuttling, but we will have a trailer.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
sorry, ryan! phone + car + bike mixups made for no riding. (and then my road bike came off the rack at 60 mph just 2 hours ago :dead: to complicate things even more)

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
My phone mysteriously started working again.
I'm heading out to the Newberg BMX track / dirt jumps / skatepark tomorrow, sunday, with a guy from work and maybe some other people. It's like the biggest track and the biggest skatepark around.
Anyone else want to go?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
That was the most fun I've had on a bike in a long time. :thumb:
Anyone who wants to become a better rider should try to make it out to a good bmx track like this one. My single speed hardtail worked perfect. I was clearing all the big doubles and flowing through the long rythym section fast and smooth by the end of the day. Excellent practice for mountainbiking.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Ryan hasn't said anything about this yet, so I will. PC on saturday was good, except for me falling and smashing my nuts pretty bad halfway through the day..... It was dusty and warm but fun, until ryan broke his chain. A trip into hood river solved that problem.

We met up with some guys from nelson, canada, towards the end of the day- a dad, his son and his son's friend (sorry, I forgot their names. Ryan- do you remember?). They had no idea where the good PC stuff was so we took them up for a full ONT to drop zone run and to frankenstein. Needless to say, the dude's son was flat ripping it up. He pulled damn near EVERYTHING on XChorus, Egghunt, GP and frankenstein FIRST TRY, most of it without even walking down to the stunt to look at it. He also hucked that huge drop to wood platfrom at the end of egghunt like 3 times, each time bigger than before. The amazing thing was finding out he was only 14! (he had been riding for 6 years, and it showed). He looked like 16, but his dad said otherwise. Crazy stuff, but it's always fun to show people around and see how they adapt to new terrain. It was a fun day, and I'll be good to ride again in a week or so.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Tim- did you get to ride the newberg skatepark at all? They're the biggest anti-bike-nazis around, but if you can sneak in a run or two it's well worth it.

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
So whats the plan for this weekend? last weekend sucked since we couldnt get anything organized. Anyone have ideas for Sat. & Sun. ?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
frizanko said:
So whats the plan for this weekend? last weekend sucked since we couldnt get anything organized. Anyone have ideas for Sat. & Sun. ?
come join charlie, ryan and me on the shore this sunday :D

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
zane said:
Tim- did you get to ride the newberg skatepark at all? They're the biggest anti-bike-nazis around, but if you can sneak in a run or two it's well worth it.
Why would I want to? That BMX track kicks ass! They don't allow bikes in the skatepark. They said pegs screw up their coping. I said, Uh, what pegs? Kevin rode the skatepark most of the time we were there (on a borrowed skateboard). He looked a bit ragged on the track, in my opinion he could have used the practice.
I had a great weekend of riding. :)

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
How about this weekend riding Camas. Leadbetter, Cold Creek, and Jones Creek?
I haven't been to Leadbetter in months.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Um, maybe next weekend. I'm camping in port angeles this weekend (it's SUPPOSED to be nice weather....). It's gonna be muddy as sh!t up at jones creek, but it'd definitely be an interesting ride.

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
What about Dogwood park in Cornelius? The picks you put up of that place a while back looked sick. BTW what HT?
I liked your first thought... Ledbetters/ Jones creek combo... Ive never been out to Jones creek so deffinately want to check it out soon. My phone is dead... So post here or send me a PM..

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
frizanko said:
What about Dogwood park in Cornelius? The picks you put up of that place a while back looked sick. BTW what HT?
I liked your first thought... Ledbetters/ Jones creek combo... Ive never been out to Jones creek so deffinately want to check it out soon. My phone is dead... So post here or send me a PM..
You can borrow my hardtail if we went to Newberg. There were four of us all riding my bike. That place tires you out in a hurry. Again I cannot say how much fun that place is. Total supercross :thumb:
Dogwood Park in Cornelious is fun, was there not too long ago. Looks the same as in those pics.
Does Jeremy want to ride? I'll probably need a ride (no car).
Anybody else want to ride? I'll go wherever but have been to Post Canyon to many times recently. Camas would be fun so long as it doesn't rain too much.

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
I might be up for the newberg bmx track or something tomorrow. I hace to get my stuff ready for whistler too though so id want to ride in the morning to maybe mid afternoon and take it relitively easy. Or if people want to do something closer to town like larch mountain and maybe jones creek sounds kind of fun.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Sweet.
You could ride your hardtail tomorrow and save your Scream for Whistler and the shore.
I'm up for whatever you guys decide as long as someone comes and gets me. :D

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
TWISTED said:
Sweet.
I could ride your hard-rail tomorrow and Scream for more .
I'm up for a reamin, you guys better be long and someone better have 9.5 inches of rear travel. :D
Lets ride Jones Creek or Ledbetters ... Or both!

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
TWISTED said:
Sweet.
You could ride my hard rail tomorrow and save your Screamin' for Whistler and the whore.
I'm up for whatever you guys decide as long as someone comes and gets me in the behind. :D
How's that? :thumb:

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Aight then. we're roshammin whos gonna cum get ya from behind in the morning. Or maybe we'll have to bring in the ol' fingercuffs on ya.

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
how about larch and then jones creek or leadbetter... Id really like to do a few shuttles on the normal larch trail with my hardtail.. not the freeride stuff. Then we could go to one of the other spots.

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Sorry guys, but I gotta vent... I just picked my Bronco up from the shop yesterday and it just died again. So Tim I wont be pickin ya up today, and I doubt I'll be able to ride... At least not untill I get it runnin again. Dammit, I'm so frustrated right now. Anyway, if I get it taken care of soon I'll give ya a call... I might still try to hit Ledbetters later.

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
What days were you in whistler? toshi, charlie, and i were up there weds through friday. Im up for riding whereever this weekend. There are also some people going to post canyon this wednesday if anyone wants to come.

Here are some pictures of tim riding yesterday, although they didnt turn out very well.

Attachments

gunslingger

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Vancouver, WA
i was up there tues thru sunday. i saw some guy with a canfield and a monster and thought i recognized the bike. how is larch these days or jones creek?

also where are those jumps?