Quantcast

post your 2010 rides!

AEvans

Chimp
May 22, 2009
Hey dude- how do you like those wheels? I'm thinking of picking up a pair but and uncertain of the saint hubs. My deore on my HT sucks, but I imagine a saint level would be much nicer...is it?
I've always run 721s (D521) and think the rims give the tyre a nice profile over other Mavic offerings. They're also one of the best rims for weight - strength ratio.

The hubs (although I've never run them before - having had Hopes (big'un, Bulb, Pro ii) previously) look very well made and of a very high quality. The spoke spacing is also wider than hope hubs - actually giving reason for having a 150mm rear end.

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
i thought Push wasnt doing Marz shocks anymore
i literally sent it in a week before they took the service off the site. from what i hear, people who had it done already can still send it in for rebuilds. they have just enough spares for just that. but not enough Marzocchi small part spares for complete tunes...or something like that.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i literally sent it in a week before they took the service off the site. from what i hear, people who had it done already can still send it in for rebuilds. they have just enough spares for just that. but not enough Marzocchi small part spares for complete tunes...or something like that.
gotcha. well lucky you. it makes the shock 100x better.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
X2 that lead sled doesn't need anymore weight ;)
haha you're telling me, she weighs 42lb even as pictured. Gotta throw on my 823/hopes and a chain, re-weigh it. Looks like my goal of 40lbs is going to be elusive (not a weight weanie, just wanted to set a goal before i started re-building).

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I've always run 721s (D521) and think the rims give the tyre a nice profile over other Mavic offerings. They're also one of the best rims for weight - strength ratio.

The hubs (although I've never run them before - having had Hopes (big'un, Bulb, Pro ii) previously) look very well made and of a very high quality. The spoke spacing is also wider than hope hubs - actually giving reason for having a 150mm rear end.
That's cool. I guess I should have specified hubs. I'm looking at a wheelset with 729s and saint810 hubs...particularly the engagement. I can't stand the feel of cheap hubs.

dagmz6s

Monkey
Jan 12, 2008
Merion, PA
Well Ive been holding out. This has been sitting in my dining room (wife loves the location) for about a month. My buddy bought the Glory off me, this was the frame I wanted all along. Today being the first day of spring, and an amazing day weather wise, I figured I would get some pics up. Weighs in at 40lbs 10oz in current configuration.

Specs

Frame - TR450, medium
Fork - Rock Shox Boxxer Team
Shock - Elka Stage 5, 450lb spring
Headset - Cane Creek
Brakes - Avid Juicy 7 master cylinders with Elixir CR calipers, Straitline levers, 8" rotors
Cranks - Shimano Saint, 165mm, 36t E13 chainring
Chainguide - Gamut P30
Pedals - Deity Decoy
Stem - Straitline Direct Mount, 50mm
Bar - Sunline V-1, low rise, 745mm
Grips - Lizard Skins Peaty
Shifter/Deraileur - SRAM X9
Seatpost/Saddle - SDG Micro I-beam, SDG Bel Air
Wheels - Sun MTX31 rims, Hope Pro II rear, Burgtec front, straight gauge spokes
Tires/Tubes - Maxxis High Roller Slow Reeazay, Michelin standard tube

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I actually got the Race, so I can drop in the Avalanche replacement cartridge when it comes out.

http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com/AVA Advantage Cart Kit.htm

But the fork feels pretty good just does not have all the extra dials.
Yeah I got a AVA tuned 5th we are runnning on a bullit this week coming up as well as been chatting with Craig alot lately.
Im pretty excited for the boxxer stuff (some parts are in this week) and the rest of the arsenal hes introducing over the next couple of years. Boxxer stuff looks to be coming real soon.

Appears to be more specific to replacing and letting each user tune there stuff. So yours and my fork (theoretically) would receive the exact same thing given we both had the same fork. So then its up to us to dial it in and no weight/bike tuning just replacement parts to make it really perform.

I think the AVA advantage program will be great!

Tedman

Monkey
Oct 27, 2009
Lebanon, PA
Here's my new 2010 ride. Not the best bike out there but what I chose. Rode it yesterday on some local DH trail and its a good ride. Once the fork breaks in it will be better.

951 build list;

Revox ISX/Nuke Proof Ti spring
Manitou Dorado Pro
Answer DM stem
Answer Pro Taper bar
ODI Rogue grips
Truativ DH seat post with Woodman collar
TLD Selle Italia Ti Flite saddle
Holzfeller Oct cranks 36T/Team BB
Answer platforms and Crank Bros Mallet2
MRP G2
Sram XO drive train with twist shift
Hayes Stroker Ace brakes
Mavic DeeMax wheels
Arrow Racing rubber
Custom rear roost fender

Attachments

Last edited:

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
it's a pimped 5th.

Is that your new van?

Its odd that its a 2010 frame with top end everything from..........2010, and its got a 5 to 7 year old shock. Pimped or not that is odd. The frame/bike must of came with a new shock????? Is a pimped 5th better then a brand new Rc4 or Vivid?????? With the amount of cash thrown at that bike why not a CCDB, Bos or Elka?????
No dissrespect as its a sick bike, but I'm just curious.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Finally posting this badboy here, the Snot Rocket:rofl:
Its sitting in 41.1lbs with a burly build kit.
It'll get lighter eventually, but no big rush.
I haven't even gotten all that much saddle time but the initial results are good.
Coming off the Cove Shocker it feels plusher, yet more lively. Cornering is so fun on this too, you sit "in" the bike, not "on" it. Don't know if its the cockpit differences or lower BB, but I dig it! I haven't hit any really chunky stuff on it yet, but I think it'll be pretty good:thumb:

Attachments

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Its odd that its a 2010 frame with top end everything from..........2010, and its got a 5 to 7 year old shock. Pimped or not that is odd. The frame/bike must of came with a new shock????? Is a pimped 5th better then a brand new Rc4 or Vivid?????? With the amount of cash thrown at that bike why not a CCDB, Bos or Elka?????
No dissrespect as its a sick bike, but I'm just curious.
5th elements are so cheap these days you can pick one up and send it off to Avalanche and have yourself a custom-tuned(to you and your riding style) *speed* sensitive rear shock for $300.. can't really beat that. Not sure how it stacks up against a RC4 or a Vivid, but I'd imagine something that's slightly more primitive but tuned specifically for you will perform better than something newer with a off-the-shelf tune? I don't know for sure, just some food for thought..

Last edited: