Quantcast

rampage course photos

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
For one, there are TWO full paragraghs there. just didn't indent the "as far as..."
Second, this isn't grade school. You're not going to be THAT guy, are you?? C'mon Kid...don't ruin my opinion of you...
As good as the report what, he is right. Wall of text is not good on the eyes and difficult to read.

Each new idea, means new paragraph. Also, leave a space between paragraphs, don't just start a new line. It will seriously make it much easier to read dude. :)

Glad you had fun, glad you saw why gee is a friggin' ripper, no matter what event he is at. Him and cedric are in line for best all round rider award. Dan is up there as well.

Last edited:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
It's pretty unintelligible and difficult to read.
If he was spouting ****e like 90% of the people on here 90% of the time I'd back you up. But since his posts in this thread are possibly the most interesting content this forum has seen in months, who cares.

Anyway, it's better written than most of the stuff in Dirt :p

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Alright, usually I right good...just birnt.

And I wasn't about to hassle Dan at all. Just climbing those ridgelines was crazy. The wind picking up made it ridiculous. Then not only did Dan hit the line, he SENT that line like no others. After that, it was the only way that line could be ridden without looking weak.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Thanks for all the awesome stories Thrillseeka!!!

I can understand what Dan Atherton and especially Cam Mc Caul was going through...

In 2002 when i had the opportunity to compete in the first Rampage i made the mistake of bringing my (now EX) wife since she wouldn't stay home thinking it would help me if she was there. She allways came on film and photo shoots. That's how we met actually. She had never seen me so nervous and worked up and focused and pisssed off at the same time.

After i came down from first day practice she was having a nervous breakdown after watching, and being around everyone at the bottom and hearing how crazy all the **** was that was going down. Needless to say that pretty much ruined my chances of doing well...i needed some serious encouragement and i got the opposite!

On the first run I qualied 13th out of the 24 and they were taking 12. I was so blown after that i didn't improve my 2nd run and others did. Being from Utah and riding there all the time that was my chance to take it to the next level.

There is the hugest difference between building your own jump with your bros and sending some badass line when the sun pops out form behind the clouds, and the wind is gone. When you're on top of a mountain looking down at the Life Flight parked at the bottom waiting to give you a ride and the Red Bull flags are whipping in the wind and the commentator radio is giving you the 3,2,1...not my style.

That very day was the beginning of the end of my freeride career. Much respect for the guys still killing it in the Rampage!!!

Krispy

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
As hard as they tried, I think the magic is gone from big mountain riding. Well, maybe. Watching riders like Vanderham, Hunter and Kinrade go after it like a snack makes me ponder that theory. I think perhaps the DESIRE to ride big is still there, but the risks are all too well known now. Even at the Rampage, it only took a few short hours to put half the riders in slings. Hunter didn't even crash and dislocated his shoulder! Now that's a hit! Gee's out with a separated shoulder. I'm still recooping from mine, so I know he's in for a little time off the bike. Except most pros don't have to be at work at 6am the following morning...