Quantcast

rampage course photos

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
wow wow wow almostheaven, who are you calling that guy a retard? your talking sh*t on the internet and that dude is trying to get it done at one of the biggest comps of the year. and those names u mentioned, some are big names the others are locals with crazy skills, you dont just get invited to rampage just cause you got a big bike and some nuts

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
um, retard? bet he's wishing he had some kind of cover on those arms once he hits the ground from that high up. survival of the smartest, i guess...

and one other thing i'm confused on...
mike hopkins? james doerfling? Graham Aggasiz? Garret Buehler? Kelly McGarry? who the hell are these people? i thought Red Bull would be able to find some better, well-known riders to stack the roster with but i guess it came down the nitty gritty and they went digging around.
Actually there is less focus now on oldschool FR lately. Also a lot of new ppl emerge very quickly. You thought that they do bad inviting unknown ppl on rampage. Barrecloth or Strait rang a bell to you before old rampage stuff? Don't think so.

BTW. Since when gravity MTB was about survival? If you are about it then sit at home while most of us will go riding and hurt ourselves not really thinking about survival.
I support wearing protection with all my heart but if sb wants to hurt himself it's his choice. Especialy in a country with a private health care :P

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
the people riding know what they're doing.

us people on the internet have no ****ing clue.

stop criticizing and start appreciating.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'd wear a helmet, maybe a neck brace, and nothing else.

Seems like armor won't help much if you lose it on the bigger stuff.
I bet it is a style thing, from the dj circuit.

Back in the day, guys came from the MX world.

But I gotta believe the more pads, the less sore.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
You thought that they do bad inviting unknown ppl on rampage. Barrecloth or Strait rang a bell to you before old rampage stuff? Don't think so.
1. Strait won the Sea Otter DJ comp when he was 15
2. Berrecloth was a semi well-known bmx rider before ever touching a 26"
so, actually, YES, their names did ring a bell before Rampage.

and Jeenyus, i never said i didn't appreciate what these guys are doing. i know they are competing for a reason and me not knowing who they are is strictly because i don't follow every single slopestyle comp and do not get a chance to watch every new MTB movie.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Wasn't strait 1st rampage at 14?

Plus there is a lot of unheard oldschool FR guys. It simply get less covreage. Ie. I heard Karpiel is already sponsoring one kid with new Apocalypse frames (don't know if he's rampageing as I forgot the name) but from what I hear he goes huge yet still most of the ppl never heard of him. That's why we don't know a lot of the names.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Rob Warner is a great commentator & interviewer... great questions, fluid in the back & forths... awesome.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Wasn't strait 1st rampage at 14?

Plus there is a lot of unheard oldschool FR guys. It simply get less covreage. Ie. I heard Karpiel is already sponsoring one kid with new Apocalypse frames (don't know if he's rampageing as I forgot the name) but from what I hear he goes huge yet still most of the ppl never heard of him. That's why we don't know a lot of the names.
"That kid"... his name is actually Wil White, yes, he is from san diego, and yes he is only 14 and yes, he is ridiculous (sp?). In fact, if you go to the karpiel website, there is a short blurb about him and guess what... there is even a movie of him riding the drop that bender pioneered at the 2003 rampage.

i met him briefly once when i was in reno talkin to the karpy shop guys, he was only like 12 at the time, but you could tell that he already had super control and poise on a bike

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
Downhillers look smother. That blond Kelly-dude looks like a woman.

That lincoln loop or whatever it is, looks super sick on a dh bike!

Last edited:

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
He was 13 in his first Rampage, I'm staring at a clipout from Mountain Bike Action on my wall of Strait hitting a drop at Rampage on a white Intense M1 with a Maxxis Jersey on. Caption says he's 13 blah blah blah....
Kyle Strait won the RBR in 2004 @ age 17.

"Kyle Strait is one of few riders who has entered all four Rampage events; he was only fourteen when he entered the 2001 event." (DOB - 4.4.87)

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
From the RBR site.

"Qualifying went down today under sunny skies, and the following 15 riders made their way into tomorrow's Final (it was supposed to be 14, but there was a tie for 14th, so both riders squeaked in.

1. Cam McCaul
2. Brandon Semenuk
3. Gee Atherton
4. Darren Berrecloth
5. Kyle Strait
6. Michal Marosi
7. Dan Atherton
8. Cedric Gracia
9. Paul Basagoitia (tie)
9. Robbie Bourdon (tie)
9. Cameron Zink (tie)
12. Kurt Sorge
13. Graham Agassiz
14. Mike Hopkins (tie)
14. Thomas Vanderham (tie)

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
and one other thing i'm confused on...
mike hopkins? james doerfling? Graham Aggasiz? Garret Buehler? Kelly McGarry? who the hell are these people? i thought Red Bull would be able to find some better, well-known riders to stack the roster with but i guess it came down the nitty gritty and they went digging around.
Graham is a Kamloops local and is incredibly skilled on a big bike. I bet he makes the final round . . .

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Just got the txt w/ the final results:

1st Semenuk
2nd Sorge
3rd Vanderham

-ska todd

edit: beat to the punch...

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
sick for semenuk! that's awesome!

so sven just texted this, "gee shoulder dislocated before run, mccaul two crashes, bearclaw and others crashed lots."

so crazy! just finishing a run was such a huge accomplishment. can't wait for vids!

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
??????????? i thought kinrade was out?

did he take dan athertons place since hes not on the lust and theres still 15 riders? and why if so