Quantcast

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
“Random article about Brooks” said:
“Blazing Saddles,” a Western spoof about a black sheriff in a racist town, starring Gene Wilder and Cleavon Little, contains numerous racial slurs.
However, even the Patron Saint of Going Too Far draws the line somewhere.
“I personally would never touch gas chambers or the death of children or Jews at the hands of the Nazis,” he said. “Everything else is okay.”
Soo... yeah. The guy was Jewish and had no problem with insulting blacks, women, pretty much any other nationality on the planet, but... :disgust:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
You must have me confused with someone who gives a shit, I just like posting humorous stuff, not debating about stuff that has no relevance in my life. RM is about as current as my events and media exposure gets.
Must be nice to be able to insult people, even if to you it's a joke, and not have to deal with any consequences.

I think Kidwoo summed it up pretty well over in PAWN
Rideit knows it, and I know he knows hit. What rideit doesn't know is that 'in jest' reads exactly the same way and becomes normalized in one's head once you fall back on it regularly. "It's funny" is only funny when paired with the assumptions that one is not racist, which only the speaker really ever knows. So it's not really effective communication.

I used to make racist ass jokes all the time "in jest". Then one day I realized that I didn't need to rely on that shit for humor, that it only worked in my own head, and still goes out into the world as the same racist shit you think you're making fun of. You can probably count the non-sarcastic posts I've made on this forum on one hand. But in that realm, it's not only punching down, it's just not funny. There are millions of rich white shit heads in this country that are a much better source of humor.

I'm one of three native english speakers on my block now. A roofer, a landscaper, and a retired civil engineer all born somewhere else, most of them mexico. The next rich white person I see in my town who absent mindedly reduces the entire culture of this place to the quality of the tacos, I'm seriously going to put an appendage through their skull. I'm just kinda over it. And everything I hate about this place, where rideit lives makes it pale in comparison. The exotic "other" doesn't simply exist as another branch of service for your clueless white ass to stuff something "authentic" in your fat face.

And right now I enjoy thin mints from a coworker's daughter I stuck in the freezer a few hours ago I'll have you know!
I literally used to throw around the N word in my 20's because I thought it was a funny way to make fun of all the racist assholes I grew up around. Cuz I can throw in a hard southern dipshit accent at the drop of a hat. Then I let it slip in front of a black housekeeper in a hotel in New Orleans once who was within earshot of me. I was horrified at myself, but this dude just looked at me like 'yup, used to that'. It's all the same shit on the outside.

You and I both live on the business end of "places where rich white people demand stuff". I've gotten a lot more touchy about that over the last few years watching the community here disappear in the service of that. And especially after last year some things about white american culture just need to go away. It's bad. And it's deeply deeply ingrained, myself included.
I'm French. I used to make jokes about French people all the time caus' I thought "hey, I'm French - I'm joking about me". Except that also makes it ok for other people to laugh at the French, and not everyone is cool with that. To sum it up, I care about other people, and how other people feel. It's not just about me. I share this planet with lots of other people who are entitled to enjoy it too.

Sorry for polluting the random picture thread. Here's a random picture:
1616681734995.png

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
:rofl:

"Tracking data from vesselfinder.com and myshiptracking.com websites clearly shows what resembles a giant dick pic, and arguably a pair of ass cheeks too, slap bang in the Red Sea – if that isn’t an omen then what is. "

1616686117943.png

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
:rofl:

"Tracking data from vesselfinder.com and myshiptracking.com websites clearly shows what resembles a giant dick pic, and arguably a pair of ass cheeks too, slap bang in the Red Sea – if that isn’t an omen then what is. "

View attachment 158166
It just keeps getting better

also a quote I saw "that ship in the suez canal has done more to disrupt capitalism than every anarchist in portland in all of 2020" :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

You'd think for all the hoopla going on with this, they'd have more than one dude digging.

I watched this ship captain youtube guy who explained the costs of going through the canal. That shit is $$$$$$$$$$$.