Quantcast

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Turner pivots?
My collection of worn out main pivots, just swapped out the one of the left. I normally get 18ish months out of them. I had a little bit of play that let me know it was time, but wasn't expecting it to be that worn.

No more spare pivots in my supplies :(

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
My collection of worn out main pivots, just swapped out the one of the left. I normally get 18ish months out of them. I had a little bit of play that let me know it was time, but wasn't expecting it to be that worn.

No more spare pivots in my supplies :(
Turner still have them available? Or is this game over for that frame?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Damn, never seen pivots on a turner eaten like that. Like the IGUS portion isn't wearing?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Turner still have them available? Or is this game over for that frame?
He had complete rebuild kits in stock a few months ago as I swapped out everything on S's bike. I've still got some spare bushings for main, DW and rocker's. But I'm all out of main pivots which are the ones that seem to wear. They used to sell those separately, but only had complete kits available last time I picked some bits up.

This should be good for a while longer with the new one I just put in.
Damn, never seen pivots on a turner eaten like that. Like the IGUS portion isn't wearing?
I'd never wiped off the old ones until I noticed just how badly this one had worn. I dug them all out from my greasy bag of old pivot bits. It surprised me just how badly they had all worn, but particularly this latest one.
I assume that is from a DW link bike. The pivots on my faux bar are were still original after 10+ years of heavy riding.
Yep. I don't recall if I ever had wear on the shafts on my old non-dw bike. But that never got the mileage or hard vert that I do now.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
He had complete rebuild kits in stock a few months ago as I swapped out everything on S's bike. I've still got some spare bushings for main, DW and rocker's. But I'm all out of main pivots which are the ones that seem to wear. They used to sell those separately, but only had complete kits available last time I picked some bits up.

This should be good for a while longer with the new one I just put in.

I'd never wiped off the old ones until I noticed just how badly this one had worn. I dug them all out from my greasy bag of old pivot bits. It surprised me just how badly they had all worn, but particularly this latest one.

Yep. I don't recall if I ever had wear on the shafts on my old non-dw bike. But that never got the mileage or hard vert that I do now.
I never did on the non-dw bikes, so that’s why it looks so odd to me. The actual pivot wouldn’t wear, just the bushings (slowly)