Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You could just see a car sliding on its roof in the live shot as they focused on the front of the field. Them killing all replays until they know the driver is okay is definitely the way to go, but leaves you wondering what happened.
For sure, the wife and I were on the edge of our seats waiting to find out what the mess is.

Back in the day they used to dispatch a tow truck with emergency crews for accident response. Now they wait a bit in the event of a fatality. Most wrecks are tough to clean up, it's especially bad if you are trying to work around bodies in a crime scene.

MonkeyGut

Monkey
Dec 8, 2006
Good eye! Yeah it's a 22' 200 race edition
Nice! I was staring at one for a bit yesterday at the dealer. Lots to look at and frikkin sexy! How is it in higher elevations? Do anything to the motor? I hear they and Sherco got the KYB dialed. How much was the kicker? I have a 2019 TX300 that I love now that I swapped out the stock shim stacks and of course it has a kicker. Probably be in the market for a new moto next year and I want a kicker but everyone has deleted them. Not a fan as we end up longs ways from roads/truck etc

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Nice! I was staring at one for a bit yesterday at the dealer. Lots to look at and frikkin sexy! How is it in higher elevations? Do anything to the motor? I hear they and Sherco got the KYB dialed. How much was the kicker? I have a 2019 TX300 that I love now that I swapped out the stock shim stacks and of course it has a kicker. Probably be in the market for a new moto next year and I want a kicker but everyone has deleted them. Not a fan as we end up longs ways from roads/truck etc
I just hit 15hrs this weekend on it. I've got an apex head I'm going to put on soon. Not planning on anything else motor-wise. I ride in the 4-9k range mostly and I'm pretty blown away by the torque on this thing. Pretty unremarkable upper end power but it's almost as much torque in the lower RPMs as a 300, it's nuts. Finally got to climb some long wide open sustained hills this weekend and no gripes. It's not a 250 but it's way way better on anything singletrack and doesn't fall off the rpms under heavy chunk loaded climbing. I dig it.

Fuckin kickstarter was 400 bucks.....so stupid. But yeah I'll never have a bike without one either. I have to help bump start other people's bikes enough.

I also put a 'race' wiring harness on that drops the lights, dash and all the other shit that just gets in the way. Only thing I kept was the starter just because it's a pain to remove.

Suspension is the best I've ridden on any bike so far, yamaha KYBs included. Definitely dialed and nothing like the squash turd RR versions. Very pleasantly surprised with the boingers.

Those TXs are fun. The 300s seem hard to find even though that's probably their best big two stroke IMO.

Last edited:

MonkeyGut

Monkey
Dec 8, 2006
I just hit 15hrs this weekend on it. I've got an apex head I'm going to put on soon. Not planning on anything else motor-wise. I ride in the 4-9k range mostly and I'm pretty blown away by the torque on this thing. Pretty unremarkable upper end power but it's almost as much torque in the lower RPMs as a 300, it's nuts. Finally got to climb some long wide open sustained hills this weekend and no gripes. It's not a 250 but it's way way better on anything singletrack and doesn't fall off the rpms under heavy chunk loaded climbing. I dig it.

Fuckin kickstarter was 400 bucks.....so stupid. But yeah I'll never have a bike without one either. I have to help bump start other people's bikes enough.

I also put a 'race' wiring harness on that drops the lights, dash and all the other shit that just gets in the way. Only thing I kept was the starter just because it's a pain to remove.

Suspension is the best I've ridden on any bike so far, yamaha KYBs included. Definitely dialed and nothing like the squash turd RR versions. Very pleasantly surprised with the boingers.

Those TXs are fun. The 300s seem hard to find even though that's probably their best big two stroke IMO.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it! Sounds like a fun machine! I dig the TX for sure but had a 250 with an RKTek head prior that has about the same grunt but felt lighter in the riding department. 4-9k is most common for me with an occasional 10k foray and that is my only concern and good to hear it handles it. I hear you on the kicker and it's looking like Beta might be the only option for one even though that's pricey as fuk. Have fun n'shit! Might have some riding in your zone questions this fall as I'll be passing through on my way to Pinecrest.