Quantcast

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Homework, yay! Burnt track and plug, didn't bother trying to work out why, so tomorrow night I might have round two.
View attachment 191565
Power to and from the key switch goes on to the dash control board then to the switch, that's beyond dumb.

Good quality control, that'll never short.
View attachment 191566
Aussie wiring makes a lot more sense when one assumes it descended from the British automotive industry. Probably engineered by Lucas.

1679960358560.png

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ahhh... legendary Lucas electronics. :rofl:

Why didn't the Germans bomb the Lucas plants during WWII? The Germans considered Lucas an ally.

Lucas--inventor of the first intermittent wiper.

Why do the English drink warm beer? Lucas made the refrigerators, too.

Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone. Thomas Edison invented the Light Bulb. Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.

Lucas systems actually uses AC current; it just has a random frequency.

Lucas is an acronym for Loose Unsoldered Connections and Splices.

In the 1980's Lucas tried to get into the newly burgeoning PC market, but they discontinued the product when they couldn't make it leak oil.

Why is there no death penalty in England? Lucas makes electric chairs.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Why didn't the Germans bomb the Lucas plants during WWII? The Germans considered Lucas an ally.

Lucas--inventor of the first intermittent wiper.

Why do the English drink warm beer? Lucas made the refrigerators, too.

Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone. Thomas Edison invented the Light Bulb. Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.

Lucas systems actually uses AC current; it just has a random frequency.

Lucas is an acronym for Loose Unsoldered Connections and Splices.

In the 1980's Lucas tried to get into the newly burgeoning PC market, but they discontinued the product when they couldn't make it leak oil.

Why is there no death penalty in England? Lucas makes electric chairs.
Did you learn those from your parents? I heard at least 3 of those from my old man... :rofl:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Been using a Deluxe Ariens 10-24 for 12 years. 100% Reliable. Good in wet slop, still can launch that crap far away. What woo is saying is real. When attacking a bank higher than the bucket (21") it tends to lift up. You have to make a few back and forth. For me at $1000 12 years ago it's been perfect. You might want to have a look at some Yamaha's also. They seem sturdy and well made. Haven't researched it though.
Local Toro dealers sells Ariens parts. Ours has been going for 12 years. Shaft pins are readily available at Lowes and Ace Hardware.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Aussie wiring makes a lot more sense when one assumes it descended from the British automotive industry. Probably engineered by Lucas.

View attachment 191596
It's American wiring, sometimes black is positive, sometimes red is positive, keeps it interesting.
This thing is needlessly complicated, it has almost no electrical devices but has a million wires.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Nucking futz

quoted:
At speed we see Roland Morrison on his street luge number 6250. It is powered by a Harley Davidson Evo 1200cc Sportster engine. Roland went 169.460 mph in TO (time only) as there is no class that the machine conforms to. Interesting engineering with H-D rear swingarm suspension and brakes. It had a hand operated shifter and clutch. The 4 front caster wheels came with a manufacturers certification speed rating of 180 mph at 500 lbs load. Steering was accomplished by twisting the chassis similar to a tobaggan

336659147_3295606247372153_1936992464108848143_n.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Shit, we didn't even have computers in college. My buddy had an Apple that had ONE WHOLE GIG.
I don't even remember what he could even do with it, but we all knew it was the future.
I had a 286 box in college. By my senior year I was writing programs to solve optimization problems that took days to run. Found a hot PC in the library with a pentium 100 that I would run the code on at night and would show up again early in the morning to get the results before anyone could touch it.

That shit took me weeks to write, today it is a single line in MATLAB and would take but a few hundred milliseconds.

One of those optimization problems was to figure out the ideal single speed bike gear ratio for a rider with a specific power and duty cycle rating over a specific course, hills wind direction etc.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ska is the musical equivalent of a white suburban kid who comes back from a vacation at a Sandals resort with beaded braids.