Quantcast

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
So that is the same guy from Eric's post about el cap? I just thought it was a cool picture.

(I live near great climbing, but I haven't had the time / will to try it yet.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
So that is the same guy from Eric's post about el cap? I just thought it was a cool picture.

I don't think the one you posted is Alex, yours just made me think to post a pic of him. The guy in yours is roped whereas Alex does mostly (all?) free climbing. Hence the vomiting uncontrollably if I was standing on a 1' wide ledge 2/3 the way up the Half Dome.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

We've gone over this. I have a crash pad and extra shoes. we just need to decide on a weekend and go down to morrison. there is some climbing just south of Red rocks

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis

I have done a track day on one, fun bike, prefer the SMR for the real world though.

Problem for me is I would go through the parts catalog on the RC8 and that wouldn't be cheap.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

I have done a track day on one, fun bike, prefer the SMR for the real world though.

Problem for me is I would go through the parts catalog on the RC8 and that wouldn't be cheap.
I haven't ridden it, I only sat on it. The only bike I have ever sat on that fit me that well is the Brutale (naked F4). With the pegs in the lower position, it was like a glove. I would strip it naked, though. :rofl:

<edit> I might photoshop it tonight. The ultimate hooligan bike.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
it would be great if colorado could go one year without burning.
That would be quite unnatural, actually...

The new one down west of Colorado Springs, however... looks non-natural:

"The fire has been determined to be human caused and may be related to recreational shooting. "

The rumor is dumba$$es were shooting propane tanks and one (surprise!) exploded and started the fire.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
That would be quite unnatural, actually...

The new one down west of Colorado Springs, however... looks non-natural:

"The fire has been determined to be human caused and may be related to recreational shooting. "

The rumor is dumba$$es were shooting propane tanks and one (surprise!) exploded and started the fire.
A co-worker has been living out of his camp trailer with his wife and two kids now for a couple days because of that one. This state actually probably needs another 10 years of decent size fire just to clean out the pine beetle.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
pagosa spgs
thank god the land my parents have there has a great view....i was reminded of how much little else there is there when i went back there for the first time in about 25 years a couple of years ago.