Quantcast

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I got a chance to design and implement a server room. It was immaculate and ordered.

I then got to watch it deteriorate over more than a decade due to various idiotic decisions and practices...
I'm surprised you said a decade and not months. It doesn't take long for the fuckerylazyness to start. I inherited two server rooms at this job. One I've cleaned up pretty well, but the other is a lost cause; need to rip out everything and start fresh. For example, someone mounted a switch in a rack backwards, so you have to stick your head into the cabinet to see what the hell anything is. :butcher:

Still not the best layout, but hey at least I can close the doors on both sides of my racks....:D

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I then got to watch it deteriorate over more than a decade due to various idiotic decisions and practices...
A decade? That's impressive. We barely finish commissioning normally before some lazy twat decides that their patch cable can just go out the front of the switch panel and across the floor to the opposite one....