Quantcast

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
The silver lining to having had water in the basement from this last storm event is that at least the kids get a bathroom renovation.

20210909_163433.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The silver lining to having had water in the basement from this last storm event is that at least the kids get a bathroom renovation.

View attachment 164610
How long do your cats sit there and hit the door to get out?

We have enclosed poopers with doors like that on ours and the old orange cat will sit there and swat at it for minutes before making the leap of faith through it. :rofl:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

We have enclosed poopers with doors like that on ours and the old orange cat will sit there and swat at it for minutes before making the leap of faith through it. :rofl:
I cut a hole in the top. The last foster I had thought the flap was a toy and just shit on the matt by the sink. My cat seems to utilize it fine. Rudy the neighbors dog has yet to figure it out when he visits.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

you give them a toy, of course they will play with it

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
this past time we didn't lose anything, as after the last storm everything is either in bins or off the floor on shelves.
To keep a good perspective on things - we didn't lose our house/pets/no one died or was injured.

Our 2nd go around. First time was due to pump failure/power outage. All our storage there is metal shelving/plastic tubs now. Led to us installing a double pump/battery backup (3200gph) system (with a spare dry battery and pack of acid as well...) and having a basic plug in transfer pump in addition. That killed the furnace and h2o heater (old and on borrowed time anyhow. Insurance covered due to Mrs. Scrub being smart and insisting we pay the $$ to have a sump failure rider on the homeowners policy

This time only lost a couple old wooden things used for random storage that came with the place when we bought. No biggie. Replaced with a bit more metal shelving and bins. Everything is elevated a bit, and the lowest shelves are a foot up. Even plugging in the 3rd pump it just couldn't keep up with the drainage. So. Much. Rain. My flat backyard with 6" deep in water. We have good drains in the yard and around the foundation, but there was just nowhere for it to go.
Washer/dryer/h20 heater/furnace all escaped this time. Measured about 8" deep.

We now have a 3rd pump in the pit - float switch activated for a total of 5600gph (assuming all are working properly) as well as the transfer pump if need be. Ours empties into our main drain line -normally a no-no in my town, but our place is old enough/came that way so we don't have to change the setup.

Nah, our three are fine with it. They got used to a box with a flap when they were kittens.