Quantcast

Random Poly Picture Thread

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Whoa, a new f150 is only 29k? Thanks!

I like city people's version of snow/ice, what towing capacity means at 7k elevation, and what kind of nasty shit I should be putting in a sienna with the seats folded down. Those last 6 posts are the funniest part of that.

That said, the gigantic fucking grills showing up on the smallest of 'trucks' (like tacomas and colorados etc) is god damn moronic. The bigger trucks are just deadly.

I have a 2008 truck and a 2008 tacoma and before we all started working at home the tacoma was on the chopping block for a cooper or some other skateboard with seats for all those reasons. I look at newer trucks and then immediately start looking at older trucks because of everything in that thread.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
How many acres is your ranch?
0.3 I think?

because is hay is literally the only thing that can go in a truck bed :rofl:

There's a lot of truth in most of what that person is pointing out but god damn, they need to get outside more. I'm tempted to shove a snowmobile or some mulched yard waste in a minivan just to send them a pic with the caption "thanks obama!"

How many roofboxes do I need to get a cord of firewood on their subie you think?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
0.3 I think?

because is hay is literally the only thing that can go in a truck bed :rofl:

There's a lot of truth in most of what that person is pointing out but god damn, they need to get outside more. I'm tempted to shove a snowmobile or some mulched yard waste in a minivan just to send them a pic with the caption "thanks obama!"

How many roofboxes do I need to get a cord of firewood on their subie you think?
of all the people i was expecting to get triggered by my post, you were not on the list.

:rofl:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
of all the people i was expecting to get triggered by my post, you were not on the list.

:rofl:
I'm not sure triggered is the right word. I agree with most of that person's thread: SkaredShtles needs to sell his truck.

But it's a bit like me posting a long diatribe about the futility of the subway system in lower manhattan, and then going "LOL what's the matter, triggered?????" whenever someone points out how useful it is in that environment.

There are 3ft clearance 2wd bro dozers all over southern california that never see anything more than a washing machine placed in the back......once. And mostly, the high grill, low vis thing is spot on. We drive those things for work and I hate them.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
8ft beds are best but 6.5ft suffices. The f150 with the 8ft bed is a pile and gets treated to all the shit loads. The f150 with 6.5ft bed has 4 doors and hauls my family around. Have you ever driven 1100 miles with a wife and two kids, a 100lb dog and 2 weeks worth of gear and bikes? Now I am thinking about an f350 with a flatbed so I can christen it with a camper.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
8ft beds are best but 6.5ft suffices. The f150 with the 8ft bed is a pile and gets treated to all the shit loads. The f150 with 6.5ft bed has 4 doors and hauls my family around. Have you ever driven 1100 miles with a wife and two kids, a 100lb dog and 2 weeks worth of gear and bikes? Now I am thinking about an f350 with a flatbed so I can christen it with a camper.
I deliberately bought a short bed to put my flatbed on just because chevys don't turn for shit in tight places :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm not sure triggered is the right word. I agree with most of that person's thread: SkaredShtles needs to sell his truck.

But it's a bit like me posting a long diatribe about the futility of the subway system in lower manhattan, and then going "LOL what's the matter, triggered?????" whenever someone points out how useful it is in that environment.

There are 3ft clearance 2wd bro dozers all over southern california that never see anything more than a washing machine placed in the back......once.
there's certainly a localized aspect to it. your region probably has a higher concentration of people that fully and properly utilize trucks. where as I am, almost i'd say probably 19 out of 20 trucks i see are completely empty at all times. the 20th one only carries a full sized american flag.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You need an open bed so the wind gets to the blue line, gadsden and trump flags.

We had one particular storm last year where I had snow barreling over the hood of my 2500 because all the county plows were broken. The subies were in driveways for a week because even once the roads got packed down, they were getting high centered on the horribly uneven surface. It's the exception to the rule but it's happened about 10-20 times since I've lived here and I've been able to get to work or whatever else I was doing (including go buy wood for week long power outages)

Last edited: