Quantcast

Ray's MTB park just gets cooler, and cooler, and cooler . . .

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
I really hope they chillout on the 20" scene there during mtb hours. I t gets alittle crazy at times...this is coming from someone who brings 20 and 24
it's a fvcking bike park. are you saying you get overwhelmed because people are riding their BMX bikes where they're destined to ride, versus clueless mtber's with no park etiquette?

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
it's a fvcking bike park. are you saying you get overwhelmed because people are riding their BMX bikes where they're destined to ride, versus clueless mtber's with no park etiquette?
Hey easy there Chachio. Your pants may be too tight. Not all MTBer's are clueless.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
Hey easy there Chachio. Your pants may be too tight. Not all MTBer's are clueless.
what do tight pants have to do with anything?

i'm speaking for the majority that almost every single mtber i know has no idea what they are doing in a skatepark. period. i used to mountain bike, and i didn't. so what he makes it sound like is he gets frustrated because of people riding it the way it's supposed to be ridden.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
what do tight pants have to do with anything?

i'm speaking for the majority that almost every single mtber i know has no idea what they are doing in a skatepark. period. i used to mountain bike, and i didn't. so what he makes it sound like is he gets frustrated because of people riding it the way it's supposed to be ridden.
your right, if your wheels are smaller, you know how to ride park and proper etiquette, why didnt i think of that! If you ride a kids bike you also get a Degree in engineering! :eek:

ApolloCreed

Chimp
Feb 3, 2009
Hanover, PA
WOW i think everything you said there was amazing. If you have ever looked on Rays site you'll see there are designated times in which 20's are allowed but it seems no one ever follows it. There are just as many park hog 20" guys there as clueless mtbers.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
your right, if your wheels are smaller, you know how to ride park and proper etiquette, why didnt i think of that! If you ride a kids bike you also get a Degree in engineering! :eek:
way to take what i said out of context. i'm saying that nobody i rode mtb with knew anything about park etiquette, and a lot of the mtb community knows very little of how to ride a skatepark properly. we have this problem at out local park some, and all over the country. mtber's have a bad name a lot of places because of this.

WOW i think everything you said there was amazing. If you have ever looked on Rays site you'll see there are designated times in which 20's are allowed but it seems no one ever follows it. There are just as many park hog 20" guys there as clueless mtbers.
i'm not denying this. i know ray's has designated 20" times, however they let bmxer's in most of the time because it is a bike park, and people ride bikes there. are you being discriminatory?

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
Ray's is sick because even when it is ridiculously crowded, you can still ride. Most things are directional, allowing several people on the same line at once. I'm pretty sure I've been there on the busiest weekends for the past two years, and it really wasn't that bad.

Last edited:

rumbler

Chimp
Nov 7, 2008
raleighwoods
yonug grom is on point, mtbers, for the most part are fools (and yes i do ride a 26). i have been to Rays a bunch and always have a good time but seriously, use a little common sense

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
way to take what i said out of context. i'm saying that nobody i rode mtb with knew anything about park etiquette, and a lot of the mtb community knows very little of how to ride a skatepark properly. we have this problem at out local park some, and all over the country. mtber's have a bad name a lot of places because of this.

...and guess what guy, when skateparks first started letting you bmx'ers in not one of you ****ing clowns knew park etiquette. So, rather than be a ****ing internet douche put your intellectual cock back in your pants and if someone doesnt know whats up. politely inform them.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
^^^ blackohio is the one on point. And making a blanket statement about a large group is plain ignorant. I know mtbers that are shredders and kill at park. There are equal amount of people that mtb, bmx, skate, fruit boot that have not the first clue on park etiquette. The only solution is to educate.

serbdog

Monkey
May 13, 2002
drexel hill, pa
The painted lines make it look that much more amazing. Might have to do a road trip since I will be healthy then and the outside dirt will be useless in my area.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
...and guess what guy, when skateparks first started letting you bmx'ers in not one of you ****ing clowns knew park etiquette. So, rather than be a ****ing internet douche put your intellectual cock back in your pants and if someone doesnt know whats up. politely inform them.
And I can't count the times I had to explain to someone that the other side of a spine ramp or hipped out ramp that those were all parts of the same riding surface. "We go over there too....just wait" :rofl:

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
I wouldnt want that lumber bill.......

I bet there is a dozen units of sheathing and even more units of lumber.
^^^ blackohio is the one on point. And making a blanket statement about a large group is plain ignorant. I know mtbers that are shredders and kill at park. There are equal amount of people that mtb, bmx, skate, fruit boot that have not the first clue on park etiquette. The only solution is to educate.
Amen.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
I have to admit, in New England it is the 20" kids that have ZERO etiquette. At my local park it is the 15 year old 20” riders that continuously go in circles, wait about 5 seconds after they just got off and jump back in – while 20 people are waiting and pissed – then they do like 4 minute sessions acting like they are the only ones who paid a fee to ride.

As long as you don’t confuse etiquette with skill. I admit that I am only an average park rider (more of a DJ) and I only ride 24” or 26” so I am the minority. However I am ALWAYS respectable of others who are riding and never snake anyone. Those who snake me get an earful of informative reasons of why I will win a physics battle of we collide and the proper way to be respectfull. If that doesn’t work they get an earful of explicatives. I have no issues being the “etiquette cop” at the park.

The great thing about Rays is that most of the waiting and bad etiquette is eliminated, at least on the jump lines.

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
You're statement is one of ignorance. I have rode a 20" longer than you have been alive, am from the BMX mecca of the world, and ride a 26" most of the time i ride anymore. Park etiquette has to do with the person on the bike, not the size of the wheel. Down here, most of our 26 crews are just as keen, if not more, on bike etiquette at trails or the park as the tens-of -thousands of little shyte groms that end up being so cool that they cause damage in our community and make all bike riders look like pricks. Nice turn bar.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
You're statement is one of ignorance. I have rode a 20" longer than you have been alive, am from the BMX mecca of the world, and ride a 26" most of the time i ride anymore. Park etiquette has to do with the person on the bike, not the size of the wheel. Down here, most of our 26 crews are just as keen, if not more, on bike etiquette at trails or the park as the tens-of -thousands of little shyte groms that end up being so cool that they cause damage in our community and make all bike riders look like pricks. Nice turn bar.
pulling the age card. nice. i'm saying that 95% of the mtber's i've ever met are clueless when it comes to a skatepark. i could care less about being cool. but getting snaked by the local hucker on a p2 with a downhill fork and body armor for the 80th time so he can cut across the whole park to hit a bank to bank hip gets old pretty quick.

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
pulling the age card. nice. i'm saying that 95% of the mtber's i've ever met are clueless when it comes to a skatepark. i could care less about being cool. but getting snaked by the local hucker on a p2 with a downhill fork and body armor for the 80th time so he can cut across the whole park to hit a bank to bank hip gets old pretty quick.
oh boo-hooo go cry about it nobody cares kid

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
You don't come across very bright so I'll keep it simple. Those opinions that you think are worth sharing, don't do it.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
somebody's lookin for a Cleveland steamer.

Everybody's right in this argument, there's ball lickers on every size bike!!!

cant wait to hit up the place this winter.

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
I only pulled the age card because it was necessary to let you know how much of a spoiled little biotch you sound like. And no, you didn't say that 95% of the mtb guys you meet are clueless. You did however say, all over the country mtb'ers have a bad name because they know little about riding a skatepark properly. To let you in on a little something, there is no proper way to ride a skatepark. Riding is a form of expression, so if Joe Padset wants to run circles at your local park, that's his right and I dare you to go say something like the shyte you talk on here. Chances are, he'd choke you out. :thumb: This is a predominantly MTB forum about BMX and DJ's, so maybe you should go hang out on Pink Bike or watch the videos on thecomeup.

PS Chapel Hill is worthless because of locals like you.

Last edited:

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
I only pulled the age card because it was necessary to let you know how much of a spoiled little biotch you sound like. And no, you didn't say that 95% of the mtb guys you meet are clueless. You did however say, all over the country mtb'ers have a bad name because they know little about riding a skatepark properly. To let you in on a little something, there is no proper way to ride a skatepark. Riding is a form of expression, so if Joe Padset wants to run circles at your local park, that's his right and I dare you to go say something like the shyte you talk on here. Chances are, he'd choke you out. :thumb: This is a predominantly MTB forum about BMX and DJ's, so maybe you should go hang out on Pink Bike or watch the videos on thecomeup.

PS Chapel Hill is worthless because of locals like you.
chapel hill is worthless anyways. i'll gladly ask them to stop cutting everyone off every 10 seconds. i'll do it politely too. and tell me, how did mtber's get such a bad rep at parks? it comes from somewhere. sure, there's the bmx vs. mtb BS, but surely that's not the only thing. i've heard skaters talk ****e about mtber's too. ii honestly could care less if everyone's having fun.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Guys lets all just relax and think about the sweet times we will be having at rays in a few weeks and... uh those sweet breastsuses in that pic above! Dayum sun!!!!

May 23, 2007
Stamford, CT
Guys lets all just relax and think about the sweet times we will be having at rays in a few weeks and... uh those sweet breastsuses in that pic above! Dayum sun!!!!
I like breastsuses.

I wish I could go there. Anyone going there from the Philly area? Otherwise I'll have to wait allllllllllll the way till Decemberish to go on my own when on vacation. :nopity:

It's less crowded during the week right?

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
anyone know how late the dirt room will be open? or will it be available all winter?
They aren't sure yet but it really depends on how woarm it stays here. I would say atleast another month.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
why wouldn't they run the dirt room in the winter?
It would be impossible to keep warm. 40' ceilings and lot's of open (no glass) windows 30' up.

BTW there is going to be a 2nd floor put in with a couple ramps!

Jun 15, 2008
Syracuse, NY
really looking forward to getting out to Rays this season..hoping to make it out soon, so I can hit up the dirt room as well as the regular park...the new rhythm room looks sooo nice!