I know your deepest, secret fear
I'm a spy, I can see
What you do
And I know

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Reputation point system allowing you to purchase "upgrades"?

I've seen it on other forums. Meh...just kinda frilly. Like heated leather seats.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
blue said:
Reputation point system allowing you to purchase "upgrades"?

I've seen it on other forums. Meh...just kinda frilly. Like heated leather seats.
It won't be to reward good behaviour...it will be to punish bad behaviour. Think along the lines of temporary auto bans etc.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
So how does one give/receive rep points? I don't see an option for myself anywhere. Is it post based? If so, I should be in, regardless of the number of posts I have. Is there a way we can weigh the worth of posts by taking into account the average length as well as the quality of the post? I always feel a little bit like the system is somehow screwing me because I'm still sub-500, but each one of my posts is rather long, and usually helpful or technical or something worthwhile. Compare that to a lot of the juveniles with high post counts merely because they put a short $.02 in on every thread.
Anyway, so how does one give and receive rep points?

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
The square smiley face on top of each post. Once you get point's they'll show up under "my ridemonkey".

Oh, and for the love of God people, at least write something in your comments, even if you don't sign them. All I have is a bunch of grey squares :think:.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
maxyedor said:
That meens that a bunch of people with bad reputations and no creativity don't like you. Don't feel to bad about that.
I know, I just want to see what they don't like about me so I can conform.

edit: sense the sarcasm...

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
kinghami3 said:
I know, I just want to see what they don't like about me so I can conform.
don't conform.
twice i've looked at my reps. seeing anonomous comments like "you suck" etc... makes me realize i must be doing something right.
and if i ever decide to play that game, you better believe i'll sign my name to em.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
so this is the mystery revealled... i missed the drama when we moved...

green is for good kids, red is for naughty kids...

brilliant...

edit - wow, 'i have lots of potential'... no one has even been so nice to me... i m touched ;)

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
partsbara said:
so this is the mystery revealled... i missed the drama when we moved...

green is for good kids, red is for naughty kids...

brilliant...

edit - wow, 'i have lots of potential'... no one has even been so nice to me... i m touched ;)
Nah, that's just RM gettin' his freak on....be afraid....very afraid...

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
So if someone with really good feedback (like 7 green boxes) give you feedback, what happens?

PS Can someone give me feedback soon?

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
partsbara said:
So this is the mystery revealled... green is for good kids, red is for naughty kids... wow, 'i have lots of potential'... no one has even been so nice to me... i m touched ;)
Sorry PARTSBARA, just having some fun. You left the door WIDE open for me!:D:rofl:

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
On a serious note, (gets up on soap box) Yep I posted a comment in reference to our oil rich "friends" about dropping a Neutron Bomb and how it would leave the oil wells and buildings still standing in tact but removes all the mice, and I got one of those annonymous negative red blocks.

So that ID thing can be a double edged sword. If I knew who it was, what do you think I'm gonna do. Go back and retaliate right? IF they changed it so you had to type in your ID to do it, then you'll start flaming between people. I would say keep it annonymous so there is no flaming. If you know who it is, it's only going to start retaliation, like Ebay's feedback system. YEH that works! Just my thoughts. (gets down off soap box):think:

With that, it's FRIDAY NIGHT which means I gotta go work out to pump up the arms to impress the ladies and head to the nightclub to excersize my right to drink beer like a CONEHEAD! I got about eight beers with my name on 'em. Which is why I always ride LATE Saturdays of course. Mmmmm BEEEeeeer. CHEERS!!!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Chunky Munkey said:
On a serious note, (gets up on soap box) Yep I posted a comment in reference to our oil rich "friends" about dropping a Neutron Bomb and how it would leave the oil wells and buildings still standing in tact but removes all the mice, and I got one of those annonymous negative red blocks.

So that ID thing can be a double edged sword. If I knew who it was, what do you think I'm gonna do. Go back and retaliate right? IF they changed it so you had to type in your ID to do it, then you'll start flaming between people. I would say keep it annonymous so there is no flaming. If you know who it is, it's only going to start retaliation, like Ebay's feedback system. YEH that works! Just my thoughts. (gets down off soap box):think:

Hey, if you are getting red boxes in the Political Fourm then you are on the right track. :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Chunky Munkey said:
Sorry PARTSBARA, just having some fun. You left the door WIDE open for me!:D:rofl:
There's no way you could have known, but that's actually N8's head you removed all the hair from :p

Hey N8, ya n00b, check yer PMs :)

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
Hey look at it this way, some people have to pay a lot of money to have an age progression photo done of what they'll look like in one year.:rofl:

I WAS going to put horns and 666 on it but I thought that would have been rather cruel to the guy. I mean it is his avatar and not like he's posting a pic of himself smooching with his girlfriend in front of everyone that "someone"" could come along and retouch Carrot Top into.:D

Is N8 a RM employee?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Chunky Munkey said:
Hey look at it this way, some people have to pay a lot of money to have an age progression photo done of what they'll look like in one year.:rofl:

I WAS going to put horns and 666 on it but I thought that would have been rather cruel to the guy. I mean it is his avatar and not like he's posting a pic of himself smooching with his girlfriend in front of everyone that "someone"" could come along and retouch Carrot Top into.:D

Is N8 a RM employee?
Oh HELL no! :rofl:

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
I'm TELLING YA, it's the head monkey's logo! It's bringing bad vibes... it looks like he's about to have a coronary from all the daily yelling back and forth! I mean look at the guy. He's foaming at the mouth, his eyes are going buggy... It looks like he's rabid. I think it's time to have me design a new Monkey.

I mean look at this guy for instance. Doesn't he look relaxed? In control? Doesn't it look like he doesnt have a care in the world?

THIS description and pictorial embellishment below has GOT to best describe the head monkey's normal every day routine...

First it starts off easy, nice and happy. Then head monkey sees some problem areas. So he moves in to do some deletions and issue some warnings... Then he finds some more. He moves in again and knocks a few out. But then sees some more! AND MORE! Then it's overwhelming! Too many people yelling back and forth!! He continues to run back and forth playing referee. BUT NO! IT'S TOO LATE!! His website has been over run!!! His heart is pounding. He's under great stress! His anger begins to get the best of him! Soon, his anger takes over and it's all out war! (he's only human) Then, he has a break down! Now under total loss of control and reason, he begins shooting them down, one after another!! Then he sees more!! He looks to the ceiling in a one last ditch plea to God, "OH MY GOD THERES TOO MANY!!! IS IT EVER GONNA STOP!!?" Then, as if God heard, three in the morning comes, and it finally stops. The country sleeps till another morning, where it all starts over again... His day kind of looks like THIS guy here below.:D

A parody not to be taken seriously.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Question: If one reaches the Holy Grail, can one also be "demoted" from said grail by an abundance of negative rep? Or is one Holy for life?

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Ciaran said:
Question: If one reaches the Holy Grail, can one also be "demoted" from said grail by an abundance of negative rep? Or is one Holy for life?
Let me throw some negative feedback at ya and we'll find out...

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Ridemonkey said:
I can read them all, and I can see who sent them. The rules apply to all aspects of the site, including rep comments. No more warnings.
Since you can see who sent them, can there be some sort of punishment for signing another member's name... especially when negative feedback is left?

Strakar

Monkey
Nov 17, 2001
Portugal
well I just noticed the rep thing, and seems that I got bad rep because I have a nokia phone...

"06-02-2006 09:24 AM nokia is garbage"