Quantcast

Reputation Comments

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
BurlyShirley said:
I get some pretty nasty one :rofl: Racial slurs, name calling, all kinds of stuff. Most of it pretty funny if not warranted.

Well, now here's your ticket to get someone banned... u gonna use it?

J

JRB

N8 said:
:nonono:

Everything has to be about you doesn't it...
It doesn't really, but for some reason there are a few of you that tend to make it so.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
JRB said:
It doesn't really, but for some reason there are a few of you that tend to make it so.

No this isn't about you. The unnammed poster in question has a more or less letters in its ID, none of which is in common with your ID. So, no, it ain't about you.

:rolleyes:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
"coward left that unsigned comment for me with negative rep"

Oh damn this is entertaining. I didn't give Mr. C or anyone else any negative rep today, but apparently someone thinks I did. Someone who felt strongly enough to hit me with negative rep, but who is too scared to identify themselves.

To anyone listening: If you get anonymous negative rep it ain't from me. But to the extent I happen to see it, I will post here when I receive anonymous negativity. Hopefully a mod will help ID the cowards and/or change things up so feedback is no longer anonymous.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
OGRipper said:
"coward left that unsigned comment for me with negative rep"

Oh damn this is entertaining. I didn't give Mr. C or anyone else any negative rep today, but apparently someone thinks I did. Someone who felt strongly enough to hit me with negative rep, but who is too scared to identify themselves.

To anyone listening: If you get anonymous negative rep it ain't from me. But to the extent I happen to see it, I will post here when I receive anonymous negativity. Hopefully a mod will help ID the cowards and/or change things up so feedback is no longer anonymous.
Oh come on! Sack-up for christsakes!!! it doesn't mean anything.. in fact is means less than anything. Is it really worth getting someone banned for giving you some Rep and and in Mr C's Rep he is simply stating his opinion. Nothing mean, disrespectful nor threatening... yet apparently he too is banned.

:hot:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
N8 said:
Oh come on! Sack-up for christsakes!!! it doesn't mean anything.. in fact is means less than anything. Is it really worth getting someone banned for giving you some Rep and and in Mr C's Rep he is simply stating his opinion. Nothing mean, disrespectful nor threatening... yet apparently he too is banned.

I am not sure why you are saying I am the one who needs to sack up. I'm not scared or even pissed, just amused. I am also not vindictive or easily drawn into these games - evidenced by the fact that I didn't send any negative rep around today after getting some myself.

The people who give anonymous negative rep are the ones who need to "sack up" and state their opinion in the thread that offends them. I have no reason to pay attention to a comment made by someone unwilling to even use their user name (which btw, is probably anonymous anyway!)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
N8 said:
Nthing mean, disrespectful nor threatening... yet apparently he too is banned.
Actually everything that guy posted was mean and disrespectful, and if he's gone, Im glad for it.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
OGRipper said:
I have no reason to pay attention to a comment made by someone unwilling to even use their user name (which btw, is probably anonymous anyway!)
But you are and no it obviously isn't "anonymous."

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
BurlyShirley said:
Actually everything that guy posted was mean and disrespectful, and if he's gone, Im glad for it.

I disagree. Everyone slammed him from the start in typical RM n00b style and he defended himself well I thought. I like his ride pix and posts.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
N8 said:
But you are and no it obviously isn't "anonymous."
I am what? Paying attention? Please. Making a comment about how lame it is to give unsigned negative rep is not "paying attention" in the sense of actually considering the validity of the comment. I won't do that unless the comment is identified as being from someone whose opinion I respect.

J

JRB

N8 said:
I disagree. Everyone slammed him from the start in typical RM n00b style and he defended himself well I thought. I like his ride pix and posts.
Well - you can always hang on busted spoke. BS is right. He was just here to irritate. I am glad to see him gone as well.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
N8 said:
By "defended himself" are you referring to the jackass comments he put into EVERY thread to demean people whether they mentioned his name or not (mostly not)?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
N8 said:
That's fine, all it tells me is that you didn't actually see or pay attention to most of his posts.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
BurlyShirley said:
By "defended himself" are you referring to the jackass comments he put into EVERY thread to demean people whether they mentioned his name or not (mostly not)?

Like there's a shortage of that on here... :rofl:

Besides I did read a lot of crap against Mr. C as well, and never really saw anyone apologize about it... maybe he should have worn out the "Report Bad Post" button and tattle-tailed like other sensitive members of the RM community....

My bad for not seeing this option for Mr C earlier.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
N8 said:
Like there's a shortage of that on here... :rofl:
There is a difference between the general razzing that goes on around here, and the way that guy was a true prick. He couldnt handle being out-witted in EVERY conversation, so he decided to become the forum a-hole. It got him what he deserved.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
BurlyShirley said:
There is a difference between the general razzing that goes on around here, and the way that guy was a true prick. He couldnt handle being out-witted in EVERY conversation, so he decided to become the forum a-hole. It got him what he deserved.

Hey, can't fault someone for using the hand they were delt... use what ya got, I say.

LOL!

Besides I was on his list for busting on the Hells Angels for a while, but you don't see me whining about it.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
N8 said:
His contribution was, for every 20-25 posts where he acted like an arrogant prick, he would make a post that linked to a ride report on another forum, therefore tricking people into mistaking him for someone who made quality bike related posts. Looks like he reeled you in.

There are a few other people in here who think the occasional quality post thrown in among hundreds of useless drivel posts will save them. I'll be sure to shed a tear for them when they're gone too.

And I liked you better when you didn't whine about the mods.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
DRB said:
Interesting how well that method seems to work, sad more folks can't learn it.
I agree that more people should be ignored when they're being idiots.

However, there are people who contribute a lot, and are sometimes jerks (which you should ignore). There are those who are just harmless and rub some people the wrong way (which you should ignore). Then, there are those people who constantly antagonize and instigate, and whose contributions are far outweighed by their negative and derogatory posts. That type should be banned.

MisterClean fell into that last category. His posting history speaks for itself.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
DaveW said:
Is it safe to start singing "Ding dong the (mrs Clean) witch is dead!" :)
I'm not sure the smug username and avatar helped...

He seemed a bit of an ass, but then so do a few others, it's not that hard to ignore them, even without using the ignore feature.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Echo said:
His contribution was, for every 20-25 posts where he acted like an arrogant prick, he would make a post that linked to a ride report on another forum, therefore tricking people into mistaking him for someone who made quality bike related posts.
That was my only real complaint. I am a grown man and him calling me names doesn't bother me. The smug arogance with wich he posted links to OTHER peoples posts on other forums was just anoying.

As for N8 he had a few weeks where he posted a bunch of pictures of airplanes, those were the days.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
The point was internet dramz. The reps were all anonymous for a while (my shining moment if you ask me) and then they revealed who left the reps out of the blue and everybody was like "OMG you gave teh neg rep for that comment, you teh suck. Ima neg rep you back AND put you on my ignore list. I'm leaving RIDEMONEKY!"

That, my friend, was the point of reputation.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
That was awesome when rep was anonymous and people left all sorts of mean, angry comments, then geckomonkeyadam flipped the switch showing all of the names and people were all sorts of pissed off at each other.