Quantcast

Ridemonkey Bike #1

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
The frame/fork has arrived! Thank you Loco/Wumpus! I will have it built up today/tomorrow.

Oh, thanks Loco for writing ATTN: STINKY on the box.
The coworkers now have more to chuckle about when I enter a room...
:rolleyes: :D

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
stinkyboy said:
The frame/fork has arrived! Thank you Loco/Wumpus! I will have it built up today/tomorrow.

Thank you LOCO!!!! :p :D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
stinkyboy said:

:thumb:
Bravo, Loco! Very well done! Nicely played!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
RIDEMONKEY BIKE UPDATE

I dropped the parts off at my LBS, only to be informed that they thought this was a bike coming from a manufacturer and not a total build, despite being very clear a month in advance. Oh well, they're swamped, and custom Nomad builds take precedence.

I am not a great mechanic, but will get the thing together tonight as much as possible, and hopefully they can cable it on friday. The front derailler is too small, but I'll get one from them and go from there.

Worst case scenario is that the bike finds it's new home next week, and I spoke with a couple who works with Church On The Streets last night, and they assured me they could find an appreciative and deserving child for the bike. :thumb:

The good news: The BMX bike has been ordered, will be picked up thurday or friday and Stinkyboy will be sliding down a chimney with it on Christmas morning.

:dancing:

stinkyboy said:
RIDEMONKEY BIKE UPDATE

I dropped the parts off at my LBS, only to be informed that they thought this was a bike coming from a manufacturer and not a total build, despite being very clear a month in advance. Oh well, they're swamped, and custom Nomad builds take precedence.

I am not a great mechanic, but will get the thing together tonight as much as possible, and hopefully they can cable it on friday. The front derailler is too small, but I'll get one from them and go from there.

Worst case scenario is that the bike finds it's new home next week, and I spoke with a couple who works with Church On The Streets last night, and they assured me they could find an appreciative and deserving child for the bike. :thumb:

The good news: The BMX bike has been ordered, will be picked up thurday or friday and Stinkyboy will be sliding down a chimney with it on Christmas morning.

Time to bring a case of Newkie Brown Ale to the bike shop and bribe on e of the mechancs to "get `er done!"

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Internal14 said:
Time to bring a case of Newkie Brown Ale to the bike shop and bribe on e of the mechancs to "get `er done!"
Usually that works, but they've got a crapload of new bikes they're building, including DHG's dream bike: A white Julianne with pink King everywhere, pink wheels, pink Santa Cruz logos, and some white Bomber forks with pink logos.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
WE HAVE A BIKE!

It needs cabled and brakes installed. The BB is too wide, but I found a 68 for it late last night, which I will switch. Also, I may switch the stem with a XC stem, but the big problem is that the rear rotor rubs the frame :( . I tried adjusting the axel with no luck. Does anyone know of a fix for this problem?

The great news is that I have found a child last night through Church On The Streets who is 14 and apparently will be estatic to get a bike :) so Stinkyboy will be playing Santa on Christmas morning delivering 2 bikes to kids in need. :dancing:

Again, I want to thank everyone who contributed to this project, and I do have a few extra parts, so if someone wants to "host" the next RM bike, please let me know after the holidays.

God bless!

-Brian

EDIT: Obviously the steerer needs cut, and so does the seat post, but that will be done tonight too.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
MMcG said:
crap I need to send you those flat pedals. They won't get there in time for Christmas though. :(
Don't sweat it, I've got a new pair of cage pedals to use. I didn't put them on for the photo as I have to replace the BB.

Save them for the next bike!

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
dude, that bike rocks! I think we should make this some kind of annual event, I mean monkey-power works for the good of others, how sweet is that!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
MunkeeHucker said:
dude, that bike rocks! I think we should make this some kind of annual event, I mean monkey-power works for the good of others, how sweet is that!

I have to say the Stinkyboy really has turned a new leaf lately and it is cool.

That bike looks great! How many different Monkeys contributed to it?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
MunkeeHucker said:
Definitely :thumb: There are enough monkeys all over the world to make it happen and help kids out everywhere!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
All right monkeys, Stinkyboy has returned after a nice several days off, and what's that you ask? How was my Christmas? It was great, and here's the proof:

The BMX bike I bought was delivered on Christmas eve to a 9 year old boy named Shaun on who has never had a bike, and couldn't ride very well, but I think that will change:

Mom adjusting the helmet:

The first run:

The first crash. (He was embarrassed, so I told him now that the bike was a little dirty, it was now broken in, and that's how the pros do it too.)

The reason I did this:

And on Christmas morning, it was off to meet a boy named Dylan and deliver the final build of RM Bike #1:

He was estatic, and tried to take off on the bike right away, so I had to plead with him for a couple photos:

And off he went, but I made a nice contact at Church on the Streets who has many children out there to put bikes under, so I will do what I can locally, but if someone wants to start RM bike #2, let me know. I have some parts to donate...

Again thanks to the monkeys who helped, as well as Slippery Pig Bike Shop who gave me a break on the BMX bike and did the remaining build on the Access bike.

It was a great Christmas!

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
kidwoo said:
Dayum, that thing turned out pretty nice.

Thanks for doing that.

Tehehe...At least you found a good place suitable for your hayes....

Sweet bikes. Those kids look way happy. You may of turned them away for doing not so good stuff ( Drugs....MMMkay?) To the best sport ever...

Good work

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Wow this is really a great thing. One bike at a time is all it takes to make a difference.

So. Not sure if there is a Bike No. 2 in the works but I have an RS Psylo gathering dust that I will gladly contribute...

steelewheels

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
This is the reason i have a little hope this world wont go down in flames. good work all who contributed, built, and so on! those 2 kids will be happy. someone once told me it is cheaper to buy a bike for your kid cause rehab is much more pricey!

peace and love for the new year folks!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Stinky, for some reason that Azonic Shorty stem showed back up at my house today.

Maybe it can be used next time.

Glad to see the kids liked the bikes.