¡Phoenix!
Here's where we are now:

Loco: 13" frame?

Splat: Small frame, tires?

Kinghami: Trek Y Frame?

Loco/Wumpus: Judy Fork?

Kidwoo: Disc brakes, Manitou Black?

MunkeeHucker: Ouri Grips (Recieved)

Pony Soldier: XT rear, Deore shifters (Recieved)

Stinkyboy: Truvativ bar, Truvativ stem, Cane Creek headset, Mavic 321 Disc wheelset, new 1.9" take off tires. (Recieved)

Steve: Beautiful brand new Race Face North Shore XS 9 speed crankset (Recieved)

Manci: Wheels (rim brakes)? I'll throw in some Disc wheels. Thanks M!

Sir Knight: Helmet?

Who's sending a frame? I could start putting this together.

Also, we need a BB, 9 speed cassette & chain, Slime tubes (this is Arizona) front derailler, mechanical disc brakes & some pedals.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I take that to mean the 7spd stuff isn't needed? No problem, just let me know if someone does another build and needs it. It's just collecting dust at the moment :D

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Stinky, you haven't PMed me, so I wasn't sure what the deal is. I need the shipping address. I was just home yesterday, and it won't be a couple weeks till I'm home again, but will try to get it out next time. Frame will come unassembled to save on shipping.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
kinghami3 said:
Stinky, you haven't PMed me, so I wasn't sure what the deal is. I need the shipping address. I was just home yesterday, and it won't be a couple weeks till I'm home again, but will try to get it out next time. Frame will come unassembled to save on shipping.
If we don't come up with another frame, I'll let ya know. I don't wanna end up with extra parts and have people think I'm trying to sandbag components from peeps, although the Race Face cranks that arrived today could come in handy on a Stinkyboy project...

:rolleyes:

THANKS KING!

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
stinkyboy said:
If we don't come up with another frame, I'll let ya know. I don't wanna end up with extra parts and have people think I'm trying to sandbag components from peeps, although the Race Face cranks that arrived today could come in handy on a Stinkyboy project...

THANKS KING!
Ok, thanks. I got the frame for free in the first place and I'll probably never ride it again, so it's no big loss even if you did sandbag me. It's good to save on shipping. :thumb:

J

JRB

If this is just an XC bike, I'll include some almost brand new python air lites. They're wire bead, but will be in the box.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
No parts delivered this week. :(

I did get an email from a rider here in Arizona that I thought I would share:

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you.

I have contacts at Big Brother/Big Sister of Central Arizona. They are willing to put together a list of deserving children from which you could choose to donate the bike. If you are interested I would be willing to coordinate something with BB/BS.

I think this is a great idea; let me know if you need any parts as I have quite a stock pile of new and used parts. Also, is this something that you would be willing to do on an annual basis? If so, I would love to work with you on it.

Please let me know how you would like me to proceed.

So I guess BB/BS in back in the picture. I left voice mails with a couple other charitable foundations, and no one called me back. Weird. I also heard of a dealio called Handlebar Helper in Scottsdale that I am looking into.

Anyway, I emailed him back, and I really would like this to be an ongoing situation, so we;ll see what happens.

Vainglory

Chimp
Dec 2, 2005
I am the one with the BB/BS contacts. I will keep you informed.

I have a Cannondale Disc Rim set if needed. What else is needed?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Vainglory said:
I have a Cannondale Disc Rim set if needed. What else is needed?
Here's where we are now:

Kinghami: Trek Y Frame?

Kidwoo: Disc brakes?

Vainglory: Cannondale Disc Rim Set?

MunkeeHucker: Ouri Grips (Recieved)

Stinkyboy: Truvativ bar, Truvativ stem, Cane Creek headset (Recieved)

Steve: Race Face 9 speed crankset (Recieved)

Also, we need a square BB, disc wheels, 9 speed cassette & chain, Slime tubes (this is Arizona) front derailler, mechanical disc brakes & some pedals.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Thanks Kidwoo & Firetoole!

Here's where we are now:

Amateur: Cassette?

Kidwoo: Disc brakes (Recieved)

Firetoole: Seat post: (Recieved)

MunkeeHucker: Ouri grips (Recieved)

Stinkyboy: Truvativ bar, Truvativ stem, Cane Creek headset (Recieved)

Also, we need a square BB, 9 speed cassette & chain, Slime tubes (this is Arizona) front derailler & some pedals.

J

JRB

skatetokil said:
i have a couple of front der.s sitting around. any idea what size and pull direction you need?
34.9 top pull for the frame I am sending.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
robdamanii said:
Let me give you my address and I'll happily give you a free adjustment.

Do me a favor and stop posting in this thread. I tried to enlist your help with a entry level fork you're not using, and you expressed only selfishness. I am looking for help from people who want to help a child.

Don't respond, just stay out of this thread.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
stinkyboy said:
Do me a favor and stop posting in this thread. I tried to enlist your help with a entry level fork you're not using, and you expressed only selfishness. I am looking for help from people who want to help a child.

Don't respond, just stay out of this thread.
And I said I didn't want to donate it. It's going to a different project.

I'm offering to donate a set of pedals. If you don't want them, fine. Saves me shipping.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I haven't heard back from the contact at BB/BS, but I found another organization called Give Kids A Chance, and here is their response:

What a wonderful thing you and your friends are doing! Unfortunetly, we don't have any teenagers in our program. I am sure you will find a child that will show you a big smile when they get that for Christmas!

The look is definetly worth it!

Happy Holidays!

So we have their blessing, but still no child, I'll contact BB/BS again.

Here's where we stand:

Loco: 13" frame? On it's way

Loco/Wumpus: Judy Fork? On it's way

Splat: Tires?

MMcG: Pedals?

Amateur: Cassette?

ummbikes: 9 speed cassette?

Sir Knight: Helmet? (Recieved Today) Thanks SK!!!

Kidwoo: Disc brakes (Recieved)

Firetoole: Seat post: (Recieved)

MunkeeHucker: Ouri grips (Recieved)

Stinkyboy: Truvativ bar, Truvativ stem, Cane Creek headset(Recieved)

Also, we need a square BB, chain, Slime tubes (this is Arizona) front derailler

Thanks again for everyone's help on this project, and as soon as the frame arrives, I'll take and post some photos.