Quantcast

Ridemonkey Bike #2

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Reactor said:
Go ahead and donate the headset.:thumb: I don't mind at all.:)

I'm sorry, I get over-enthusiastic, I'm not trying to hog the glory or be obnoxious. I had a lot of parts around the garage I donated to the first bike, and then some upgrades to my bikes over Christmas pushed out a butt-load more. I just wanted to let Stinkyboy know it's available if he needs it. I don't want to stop anyone else from contributing, if anyone has a part I've offered please feel free to contribute it. I'll fill in for as many parts as I can at the end when the building starts.
its all good... its great to see someone willing to help out so much...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I loosely cobbled together what we have so far, and we are sitting with a sweet new ride! There are no graphics on the frame, so I've come up with a little sumpin, sumpin;) for the decal shop to make including ridemonkey.com on both sides of the top tube, as long as Adam gives his blessing.

Here's what we still need:

9 speed chain
Bar
Grips (I have some yellow Oury's, but this hot red bike ain't feeling them...)
V Brakes
Shifters
Tires (I have 2 red panaracers that look great, but one has a torn knob, so I may buy a new one, or maybe the Hutch's will be nice too)
Deraillers
Lock
Helmet

I think I have a headset too, so if Reactor wants to put his press to good use, let me know.

Thanks everyone!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
stinkyboy said:
I loosely cobbled together what we have so far, and we are sitting with a sweet new ride! There are no graphics on the frame, so I've come up with a little sumpin, sumpin;) for the decal shop to make including ridemonkey.com on both sides of the top tube, as long as Adam gives his blessing.

Here's what we still need:

9 speed chain
Bar
Grips (I have some yellow Oury's, but this hot red bike ain't feeling them...)
V Brakes
Shifters
Tires (I have 2 red panaracers that look great, but one has a torn knob, so I may buy a new one, or maybe the Hutch's will be nice too)
Deraillers
Lock
Helmet

I think I have a headset too, so if Reactor wants to put his press to good use, let me know.

Thanks everyone!
You're welcome to what I've got:

...slightly used 9 speed chain (pc990 or 970 I think)
...two hutchenson pythons(new) or two tioga's(oem take-offs)
...set of LX shifters (working but quite used)
...Cables, plenty of cables.
...the Weyless carbon bar (used but in good condition)
...some lock on grips Black with silber lock rings(used but good) missing the plastic endcaps. I'm going to try to pick some up tonight.

I'll pitch in cash for some of the other stuff, or pick it up at the performance store, maybe mail order it.

I have a headset press and some other tools, I'll gladly donate time to putting the bike together.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
i will get a helmet.. what size do you need??? how old is the boy/girl?? i also have some older lx shifetrs.. they are a bit used .. but they work
edit.. and let me know if you have the headset

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
hooples3 said:
i will get a helmet.. what size do you need??? how old is the boy/girl?? i also have some older lx shifetrs.. they are a bit used .. but they work
edit.. and let me know if you have the headset

You rock!

The frame is an 18", so I'm thinking maybe a big middle school kid? I don't have kids, so it's kinda hard for me to gauge, and if I hang out at a school measuring children, people will ask questions.:rolleyes:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Reactor said:
You're welcome to what I've got:

...slightly used 9 speed chain (pc990 or 970 I think)
...two hutchenson pythons(new) or two tioga's(oem take-offs)
...set of LX shifters (working but quite used)
...Cables, plenty of cables.
...the Weyless carbon bar (used but in good condition)
...some lock on grips Black with silber lock rings(used but good) missing the plastic endcaps. I'm going to try to pick some up tonight.

I'll pitch in cash for some of the other stuff, or pick it up at the performance store, maybe mail order it.

I have a headset press and some other tools, I'll gladly donate time to putting the bike together.
Lemme know what your schedule is like this weekend or next.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
ok ok ok..
1 rear derail heading your way stinky..
i figure out of you and reactor the has to be a headset somewhere.. i havent seen any one offering a rear derail yet.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
A chrome Azonic Shorty just landed on my desk, and will be perfect on this bike!

Thanks stevew!

:thumb:

Thanks too for the Sunday Charlotte Observer!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
stinkyboy said:
Lemme know what your schedule is like this weekend or next.
This weekend is pretty packed. I have the 24HTOP preride Saturday, and probably family stuff Sunday.

Next weekend is wide open as of now. I usually get up pretty early, so just about any time is fine.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
stinkyboy said:
As well as a couple bonus stems!

Thanks OG!

O.K. I can build Saturday any time after normal weekend humans are awake, if you want I need to take the dog to the vet early, but be ready after that. If you can drop the parts at the Federal Courthouse (4th ave and Washington), I'll put them in my truck and build the bike up and bring it back next week, let me know and I'll give PM you my work number.

Edit: Not to say I wouldn't enjoy the co-building the bike with you over the weekend, just offering to do it myself if you have better things to do. It's your gig, let me know what you want to do.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Reactor said:
It's Stinky's thing, I'm just pitching in what I can. Props should go to Stinky.
Hey, I'm not taking the blame!

It's a Ridemonkey thing.

Hey kids, we almost have a new bike:

I spoke with a woman last night who found out what we're doing and she has asked for a bike that could be shared between the several adult mentally handicapped people her company employs. Sounds perfect to me. I will find out more and let everyone know.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
stinkyboy said:
I spoke with a woman last night who found out what we're doing and she has asked for a bike that could be shared between the several adult mentally handicapped people her company employs. Sounds perfect to me. I will find out more and let everyone know.
Bike is looking good and that really does sound perfect! Awesome stuff Stinky, I can't think of a better way to recycle all the bike parts that are sitting in every monkey's stash gathering dust. :thumb:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stinkyboy said:
...the several adult mentally handicapped people her company employs.
I am tempted to make a joke about the coincidence of that bike ending up where I work but....

Stinky - what else do you need for this? I have a ton-o-crap in my garage.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
H8R said:
Stinky - what else do you need for this? I have a ton-o-crap in my garage.
Where the hell have you been?

Got grips or an adult helmet or a lock?

Actually I will take anything as long as it's not damaged.

I think I will throw on a 31.8 bar and stem I have on this, since I know it's going to be ridden by adults too.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stinkyboy said:

I think I will throw on a 31.8 bar and stem I have on this, since I know it's going to be ridden by adults too.

Lemme look tonight. I unloaded a bunch of stuff a few months ago at a garage sale, but there's still a bucket of fun in there.

Maybe even some purple ano stuff! :blah:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
stinkyboy said:

I have an adult helmet I can contribute. Nicer then tha last one too. ;)

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Reactor said:
O.K. I can build Saturday any time after normal weekend humans are awake, if you want I need to take the dog to the vet early, but be ready after that. If you can drop the parts at the Federal Courthouse (4th ave and Washington), I'll put them in my truck and build the bike up and bring it back next week, let me know and I'll give PM you my work number.

Edit: Not to say I wouldn't enjoy the co-building the bike with you over the weekend, just offering to do it myself if you have better things to do. It's your gig, let me know what you want to do.
Sorry Reactor, I didn't even see this post.

I'll get it build up most of the way, but I will need your help finishing it. I'll give ya a call after everything shows up.

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
The bike looks great!:thumb: I'm guessing you're going to do more. If so this is what I have to offer.
LX front der. 34.9 diameter post
LX rear der.
STX RC frt & rr shifters (8 speed)
XTR cassette (8 spd, 28-12 gearing)
Tektro eclipse brake levers (can be adjusted for canti's or V's)
(2) Nokian Gazzoloddi tires (26 x 2.3)

Everything is in good shape. Just PM me your address and let me know what you want.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Sorgie said:
The bike looks great!:thumb: I'm guessing you're going to do more. If so this is what I have to offer.
LX front der. 34.9 diameter post
LX rear der.
STX RC frt & rr shifters (8 speed)
XTR cassette (8 spd, 28-12 gearing)
Tektro eclipse brake levers (can be adjusted for canti's or V's)
(2) Nokian Gazzoloddi tires (26 x 2.3)

Everything is in good shape. Just PM me your address and let me know what you want.
Hail to the Chimp!

J

JRB

Do you need a bottom bracket? Those cranks look square. If so - I have a UN72 68 x 113, I think is the measurement.

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
Why yes I do. Still got the address?
Can you go ahead and send it again?

*I will do this in trade for you putting BF's mullet on a pic of N8. I think I should have a new avatar.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
loco said:
Can you go ahead and send it again?

*I will do this in trade for you putting BF's mullet on a pic of N8. I think I should have a new avatar.
Where's a N8 photo? I don't have the energy to slog through his Food & Drink threads...

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Stinkyboy,

Are you ready to finish building yet?

I've still got the parts I offered earlier, I'll be around part of the weekend, but 24HTOP is coming up the weekend of the 18th and I'll be out of town the whole weekend.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I've been a little lax in finishing the new RM bike, but we have most of what we need to finish the build. Thanks EVERYBODY for all of the help!

I need grips, a bb and a few other bits, but I'll get it up to my LBS and let them finish it.