Quantcast

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
meet me in person, ride a bike. i'm only a douchebag if you are first.....
I doubt anyone would want to meet you in person...
Seriously dude, youre a fucking douchebag.
And like Toshi said, the review wasnt that positive.
You think a few kickstarters mean something but i still think your design is gonna fail and people are gonna remember you not only as a guy who designed crappy obsolete bikes but also as a fucking cunt.

And yeah i know name calling isnt classy but i think its pretty legit in this particular case.
Now if you really mean that you dont care about what we think cause were all retards then just go away and just stop posting here....

:rolleyes:

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Are you offering a frame warranty? If so what does it cover? How many frames have you reserved for replacements?

Also - what race are you winning?
At the moment, I am offering a 1 year warranty. No Questions Asked. I am considering extending it. But under a "questions asked" policy.

The money back guarantee that you'll love the bike? At the moment, 2 weeks for complete bikes and a month for a frame (giving time to build). Fair enough??

I have not technically "reserved" any frames for replacement. My MOQ is 200. If I start to approach those numbers in the coming year (and it looks like I will exceed them), I will order more. If need be, I would just warranty a frame with the new version, for example, in 2018.

If you got the impression I was winning races with tantrum, I apologize. I did race it in the Sea Otter Enduro and sadly, in mid winter shape, languished midpack.

What I was referring to was my career in racing. I have not won formula one races (3rd is the best). I have not won Indy car races (but I have a pole and 2nd at the indy 500 and mich 500). But I have won multiple indy lights races, a few IMSA gtp races and championships, a Trans Am championship a crapload of imsa gto races, a bunch of motocross, a couple worlds DH championships and some other stuff I forgot.

NOTE!!!! Except for the MX, I was not riding or driving for these wins. Just chassis, aero, suspension and shock design. If you are interested, my website has a pictorial:

www.brianberthold.com

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Quoted for future reference:
At the moment, I am offering a 1 year warranty. No Questions Asked. I am considering extending it. But under a "questions asked" policy.

The money back guarantee that you'll love the bike? At the moment, 2 weeks for complete bikes and a month for a frame (giving time to build). Fair enough??

I have not technically "reserved" any frames for replacement. My MOQ is 200. If I start to approach those numbers in the coming year (and it looks like I will exceed them), I will order more. If need be, I would just warranty a frame with the new version, for example, in 2018.

If you got the impression I was winning races with tantrum, I apologize. I did race it in the Sea Otter Enduro and sadly, in mid winter shape, languished midpack.

What I was referring to was my career in racing. I have not won formula one races (3rd is the best). I have not won Indy car races (but I have a pole and 2nd at the indy 500 and mich 500). But I have won multiple indy lights races, a few IMSA gtp races and championships, a Trans Am championship a crapload of imsa gto races, a bunch of motocross, a couple worlds DH championships and some other stuff I forgot.

NOTE!!!! Except for the MX, I was not riding or driving for these wins. Just chassis, aero, suspension and shock design. If you are interested, my website has a pictorial:

www.brianberthold.com
I was thinking bicycle related races - proving your frames on a course with pro riders is a good way to back up your hyperbolic statements while also dialing back the douche perception. Should your frames actually win races. :)

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
I doubt anyone would want to meet you in person...
Seriously dude, youre a fucking douchebag.
And like Toshi said, the review wasnt that positive.
You think a few kickstarters mean something but i still think your design is gonna fail and people are gonna remember you not only as a guy who designed crappy obsolete bikes but also as a fucking cunt.

And yeah i know name calling isnt classy but i think its pretty legit in this particular case.
Now if you really mean that you dont care about what we think cause were all retards then just go away and just stop posting here....

:rolleyes:
Seriously dude. name calling is always classy. And justified. Hate always is.

As for your predictions, Would you like you put a little cash on the line???? Wouldn't you just love to show me up?

Nobody said you are all retards. There are plenty of objective, open minded people here. And I'm selling bikes to them. So thank you all for bumping the thread and giving me the chance to give them real info.

It is kinda funny that the wanna be engineers have gone silent.......

How bout you stop posting here?

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Quoted for future reference:

I was thinking bicycle related races - proving your frames on a course with pro riders is a good way to back up your hyperbolic statements while also dialing back the douche perception. Should your frames actually win races. :)
My previous designs won plenty of bike races. The Kona Magic Link bikes won a lot of "superD" races in the pro ranks. This bike works better.

It will happen. I have 2 actual bikes right now. I will be giving demos with them until production frames arrive. Racers will get on them in due time.

What I was referring to is racer mentality. No quarter. None asked, none given. Bring it. I'm not a marketing guy. I'm a racer. Till I drop.

I hope I can disappoint many of you and make that a long time from now....

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Kinda thinking the people that do buy one are going to be stuck with it forever or end up giving it away. Even if it was interesting, I wouldn't get anywhere near this company or a bike. #doingitwrong.

BTW, might want to actually pay someone to design your Tantrum site and personal site....

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
My previous designs won plenty of bike races. The Kona Magic Link bikes won a lot of "superD" races in the pro ranks. This bike works better.

It will happen. I have 2 actual bikes right now. I will be giving demos with them until production frames arrive. Racers will get on them in due time.

What I was referring to is racer mentality. No quarter. None asked, none given. Bring it. I'm not a marketing guy. I'm a racer. Till I drop.

I hope I can disappoint many of you and make that a long time from now....
Comedy, horror and drama always sell. That's why popcorn. :popcorn:

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Kinda thinking the people that do buy one are going to be stuck with it forever or end up giving it away. Even if it was interesting, I wouldn't get anywhere near this company or a bike. #doingitwrong.

BTW, might want to actually pay someone to design your Tantrum site and personal site....
Most of the people buying the bike have already ridden it. And THEY LOVE IT!!!!. Ask me if I am worried about disappointing my customers...So, ya, I agree, they will keep them for a long time. Or give them away when they buy a new Tantrum. Works for me.

Pick on the website. It's low tech and basic. Pick on my personal site, it's even lower tech and more basic. There will always be time and money for better websites. And Graphics. And happy marketing people that have "people skills" and won't piss anybody off. But, I'd rather sell a bike than a fancy website. Plenty of companies have fancy websites if that's where you want your money to go.

If innovation is doing it wrong, sign me up. I was there for 1) full suspension (more haters than ever) 2) disc brakes (even MORE haters than ever 3) floating brakes (EVEN EVEN MORE haters than ever. and the Kona Magic Link (EVEN MORE FUCKIN HATERS AND $40million in sales.

Making waves in a stagnant pond is always gonna raise a stink. No prob.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Like someone else mentioned...there's Guerrilla Gravity and there's you. Pretty much opposite examples of how to build a brand and customer base. You can have the best design in the world, but if everyone thinks you're a douche, word spreads like wildfire and your company will be dead before it begins.

FWIW, I wouldn't buy a bike based solely on how this thread has gone.

Edit: well, that and the logo.

Last edited:

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Just what is accomplished with having cash injected c/o start-up ventures like this? It's no starting a campaign to get a Sandwich which ends with the joker having a party with the 50k raised - this is a clown on internet forums who either has lost or has borrowed money to such an extent that the business model is a high-risk (de) regulation of industry.

No-one takes Mr Berthold at face value, and nor should they ever. Trolling internet(s), demanding attention, resorting to vulgarity, insisting 'he poked me first' while throwing digested Subway Meal Deals at the other members. Again - what is it you need to accomplish here other than self-fulfilling prophesy in our midst, Brother?

Do you have a website of your own with a forum? No?? Golly.

So go fucking create one so you can conduct biz-ness by your very own level of visibility, akin to what you have evolved here.

Make Seven up yours.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Like someone else mentioned...there's Guerrilla Gravity and there's you. Pretty much opposite examples of how to build a brand and customer base. You can have the best design in the world, but if everyone thinks you're a douche, word spreads like wildfire and your company will be dead before it begins.

FWIW, I wouldn't buy a bike based solely on how this thread has gone.

Edit: well, that and the logo.
I'm good with GG. Hat's off to them. Nothing groundbreaking, good solid, made in U.S. bikes. I am very happy for their success and sales. I am not them and they are not me. I am here to offer something that nobody elase in the bike industry can offer. Do you want it? Who knows. But plenty of people do and it's only gonna grow.

But you see, I am not particularly worried about a small bit of RM engineers thinking I'm a douche. It's actually to my credit.

To you and the others that state they won't buy a bike based on...whatever....All good. Great. I'm happy for you and GG and whoever you want to buy bikes from. Really.

Ya, it is spreading like wildfire. because the good word is spreading a lot faster than the hurt feelings of some monkeys. If I'm a dick for telling you you're wrong....I am A REALLY BIG DICK, and I really don't care if you don't ever buy a bike. People that want a good bike? they seem fine with me telling you you're wrong...kinda refreshing, actually.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
You don't care so much that you keep coming on here? Your shit ain't groundbreaking either...just another dude that thinks he has a magic bullet...

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Just what is accomplished with having cash injected c/o start-up ventures like this? It's no starting a campaign to get a Sandwich which ends with the joker having a party with the 50k raised - this is a clown on internet forums who either has lost or has borrowed money to such an extent that the business model is a high-risk (de) regulation of industry.

No-one takes Mr Berthold at face value, and nor should they ever. Trolling internet(s), demanding attention, resorting to vulgarity, insisting 'he poked me first' while throwing digested Subway Meal Deals at the other members. Again - what is it you need to accomplish here other than self-fulfilling prophesy in our midst, Brother?

Do you have a website of your own with a forum? No?? Golly.

So go fucking create one so you can conduct biz-ness by your very own level of visibility, akin to what you have evolved here.

Make Seven up yours.
The kickstarter was as much of a market test as anything. If nobody was interested, if nobody liked the bike after they rode it, I might be taking a different approach. Like folding. But the opposite has taken place. People like the bike. they like my engineering. And, I'll be Damned, some of them even like me!!

If I thought for a second (and I have) that I couldn't deliver, I would cancel the Kickstarter before taking a dime. But the public, the test riders and their money has spoken. I will deliver.

BTW, 50k isn't even enough to fail, much less a good party. I have a very public profile. Fairly known in the bike industry. I will deliver, as I have in my history.

My own forum??? lost me bro....digested subway meals??? I want what you're on.

ridemonkey is public forum isn't it???? works for me.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
The kickstarter was as much of a market test as anything. If nobody was interested, if nobody liked the bike after they rode it, I might be taking a different approach. Like folding. But the opposite has taken place. People like the bike. they like my engineering. And, I'll be Damned, some of them even like me!!

If I thought for a second (and I have) that I couldn't deliver, I would cancel the Kickstarter before taking a dime. But the public, the test riders and their money has spoken. I will deliver.

BTW, 50k isn't even enough to fail, much less a good party. I have a very public profile. Fairly known in the bike industry. I will deliver, as I have in my history.

My own forum??? lost me bro....digested subway meals??? I want what you're on.

ridemonkey is public forum isn't it???? works for me.
You want what I'm on... Go choke on a Suitcase.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Holy Fuck.

Sorry to all that I started this trainwreck.

Brian - interesting design, will be curious to see how it develops.

....however - your presence on this thread is now being used in the dictionary to describe douche.
You really need to stop, shut the fuck up, and take the advice given - look at how GG conducts themselves - then emulate.

Do this, come back in a few months and see just how receptive this bunch of assholes can be.
Right now your just burning any goodwill you may have had.

Until, you get your shit together, I and many other will not reply to you.

michael

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Seriously dude. name calling is always classy. And justified. Hate always is.

As for your predictions, Would you like you put a little cash on the line???? Wouldn't you just love to show me up?

Nobody said you are all retards. There are plenty of objective, open minded people here. And I'm selling bikes to them. So thank you all for bumping the thread and giving me the chance to give them real info.

It is kinda funny that the wanna be engineers have gone silent.......

How bout you stop posting here?
Douchebag
ˈduːʃbaɡ/
noun
  1. 1.
    a small syringe for douching the vagina, especially as a contraceptive measure.
  2. 2.
    NORTH AMERICAN informal
    an obnoxious or contemptible person, typically a man.

Axa

PETTY CORPORATE SHILL
Sep 4, 2016
Hemsedal, Norway
I spent last night with my family and loved ones. Axa spent his Christmas night going through this whole thread disliking every post from random dudes on the internet. Probably a good time to make some major life decisions perhaps? New year, new you little buddy!
Hahaha. I actually did it at work while getting paid since my jobb includes periods of time sitting on my as and do nothing but being ready to save life's
Then I went home to spend the evening with my family..
Norway is in another time zone you see. So evenings starts a bit later here then at yours since the eart rotates in space. Well, if you Google it I'm sure you eventually will find an explanation that will make you understand how that works and why..

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

www.brianberthold.com
Doesn't' EU force you to offer 2 year warranty? Or do you only sell to US?

Also it's a really bad idea of "I will just warranty a frame with a new version" if you sell a lot of them people will wait very long for replacements.

Hahaha. I actually did it at work while getting paid since my jobb includes periods of time sitting on my as and do nothing but being ready to save life's
Then I went home to spend the evening with my family..
Norway is in another time zone you see. So evenings starts a bit later here then at yours since the eart rotates in space. Well, if you Google it I'm sure you eventually will find an explanation that will make you understand how that works and why..
Are you that Waki dude from pinkbike? He also seems to have too much time on his hands and lives in a reality where alternative physics applies.

Axa

PETTY CORPORATE SHILL
Sep 4, 2016
Hemsedal, Norway
No, I'm just a eager biker that have been enjoying Brian's previous creation for many years, and now look forward to upgrade to Missing Link since it's designed to do what I want in a full suspension bike.
I think that Waki guy is in Sweden, further east.
I've used to live there so I can confirm that physics and earth rotation was working as normal back then, but maybe that have changed since I visited a few years back...

Axa

PETTY CORPORATE SHILL
Sep 4, 2016
Hemsedal, Norway
I asked about the reason for my funny custom title.
I can't find a way to reply (Must be either really stupid or this forum lacks contact information to moderators..?) so doing it here instead.

This is the explanation I got:

"Your only posts have been regarding how great this design is. You haven't engaged in any other discussion besides telling people that they are stupid. Become a member of this community and I'll get rid of the custom title. Otherwise, especially if you continue to abuse the like/dislike feature, your title will stick."

I can't do much about what I think about Brians design. My Magic Link bike have done exactly what I expected, and I have been on many other bikes as Scott Genius. Santa Cruz Nomad, Bronson and High Tower. Orange 5. Evil Insurgent and have also briefly tried a few others.

All of the bike I've named are no doubt very good bikes. But they all lack what Brian have been working against since the birth of Magic Link. Adaptable geometry that removes the need of lockout, manual geometry adjustment (see the praised Canyon Strive, Cannondale Jekyll and Scott Genius) or pro pedal suspension.
That's why I trust Brian and why a Tantrum is going to be my next bike. So how could I do anything but prais this design when several reviews and riders are telling me it does exactly what it's promising to do?

If some on have been offended by my effort to reply in a way I felt was appropriate compared to many other harsh and bullying posts in this form. Im sorry for that, and I will avoid being tempted to let my self down to that pity level again!

Considering becoming a member - Should I write an introduction post telling about myself and who I am? Som forums got a space for that. But yet not found it here..

Finally I struggle to understand the complaint about me abusing the like/dislike feature? I liked what I like. And disliked what I did not like. Isn't that what it's for and how others are

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I asked about the reason for my funny custom title.
I can't find a way to reply (Must be either really stupid or this forum lacks contact information to moderators..?) so doing it here instead.
Just PM @Sandwich ! He's a mod, and he will fix it. You just have to be extremely persistent.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Holy Fuck.

Sorry to all that I started this trainwreck.

Brian - interesting design, will be curious to see how it develops.

....however - your presence on this thread is now being used in the dictionary to describe douche.
You really need to stop, shut the fuck up, and take the advice given - look at how GG conducts themselves - then emulate.

Do this, come back in a few months and see just how receptive this bunch of assholes can be.
Right now your just burning any goodwill you may have had.

Until, you get your shit together, I and many other will not reply to you.

michael
Hi Michael,

It was a perfectly good thread to start. Why did it go sideways? Very easy. I told some of the "experts here they were wrong. I didn't call them names (although I might've questioned some credentials). I informed them there numbers and analysis were incorrect and especially flawed due to scaling a picture to use for dimensional info.

THEN, it got really crazy when I refused to give exact dimensional info so they could all plug it into the linkage program. And I even questioned the validity of that program as a tool that could properly analyze this linkage. Still do.

But, if you want to call me a douche : " a device used to clean out stagnant pussies" , true enough. Or a dick, fine (don't make me post "dicks, pussies and assholes" from Team America), but it really can't be taken seriously in a technical discussion.

Oh ya, back to technical discussion, when I ask serious questions about modes of analysis, I get called more names and have people spend a lot of time making funny pictures and memes. From so-called engineers. It kinda removes all credibility.

And you want to tell me "shut the fuck up". I know it's the anonymous internet and all, but what is this a bunch of faceboook bullies? It's hard to take anyone seriously when that is your most intelligent response.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Doesn't' EU force you to offer 2 year warranty? Or do you only sell to US?

Also it's a really bad idea of "I will just warranty a frame with a new version" if you sell a lot of them people will wait very long for replacements.
At the moment, all distribution will be from the U.S. If selling in the EU mandates 2 yr warranty, I'm fine with that. If that's the case, it will be worldwide, not just EU.

As for reserving frames for warranty, no bike company I've been associated with ever did that. We just ordered however many frames we hoped we could sell. Since they sold out every year, that meant any warranty would automatically be with next years version.

I will have plenty of extra hardware, dropouts, rockers, etc. These are the things most needed to keep an older bike going and also allow existing customers to change their configuration (travel, wheel size, hub width, etc).

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
As for reserving frames for warranty, no bike company I've been associated with ever did that. We just ordered however many frames we hoped we could sell.
For sure, bike companies almost never examples of how to run a business well.