Quantcast

Ridemonkey Osevations

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
25)it seems the only ones that care about post counts are some with lower post counts and their concern? jealousy? notsurewhat? about others that have higher post counts

maybe these noobs dont realize a lot of us are actually friends, and ride/race/hang out together???

I would care less if my count was reset to zero

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Actually, it does matter. The more posts you have, the dumber you are. Just look at the 10k+ club. :monkey:
Wow, you and I are neck and neck!!

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
- Some of us sit in front of a PC all day. I am getting paid to post on RM. :D
- freaking Hallmark employees or something. I blame Toshi.
-Because Loco is funny sometimes and he likes the Descendents so he's OK.

From someone who has not been here that long either but posts a lot. :D
You calling me a flamer???

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
loco said:
You calling me a flamer???
I called you funny, not queer. But if there's something you need to tell us, go ahead. It's OK... no one here will make fun of you... show us on the doll where they touched you...

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
I called you funny, not queer. But if there's something you need to tell us, go ahead. It's OK... no one here will make fun of you... show us on the doll where they touched you...
Are you hitting on me???

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
lovebunny said:
i love watching someone who has like 500 posts give acadian **** for being a newb and saying something stupid. when he actually probly has more posts than all of us
combined....& I tought it was Arcadian. :D

I got another nugget of RM wisdom too....high post count doesnt = high IQ.

J

JRB

TN said:
combined....& I tought it was Arcadian. :D

I got another nugget of RM wisdom too....high post count doesnt = high IQ.
You mean like 20,000, right??? :D

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
douglas said:
25)it seems the only ones that care about post counts are some with lower post counts and their concern? jealousy? notsurewhat? about others that have higher post counts

maybe these noobs dont realize a lot of us are actually friends, and ride/race/hang out together???

I would care less if my count was reset to zero
Some of us suffer from Post count envy!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
in defense of my statement, i think that generally the people with more post counts are "in the loop" and can joke around more with each other. whereas the people with smaller post counts dont understand the jokes and sometimes if they joke about other people then they can get flamed for being a noob. or something like that... take me for an example, i still dont know what the hell a wok is!!!

J

JRB

gnurider1080 said:
in defense of my statement, i think that generally the people with more post counts are "in the loop" and can joke around more with each other. whereas the people with smaller post counts dont understand the jokes and sometimes if they joke about other people then they can get flamed for being a noob. or something like that... take me for an example, i still dont know what the hell a wok is!!!
Shaddup, n00b. We don't like you. ;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
gnurider1080 said:
A wok is a cooking instrument.

Rip posted a picture of his bike. Instead of asking questions about his bike someone asked why he had multiple microwaves stacked in the background. This seemed to irk RIP so everyone just started going nuts asking about everything in his picture other than the bike, being a wok, microwaves and fire extinguisher. Bike pictures are now required to have a wok, microwave and fire extinguisher in it.

gnurider1080 said:
There is something to be said for listening until you understand the culture, or what passes for it.

The wok/fire extinguisher/microwave is from an old thread of RIP's that I think you could find if you searched for it. [Edit: here it is: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116703&highlight=wok] It centered on refusing to discuss whatever he first posted about.

J

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Westy said:
A wok is a cooking instrument.

Rip posted a picture of his bike. Instead of asking questions about his bike someone asked why he had multiple microwaves stacked in the background. This seemed to irk RIP so everyone just started going nuts asking about everything in his picture other than the bike, being a wok, microwaves and fire extinguisher. Bike pictures are now required to have a wok, microwave and fire extinguisher in it.
Don't forget his hot lesbian hippy roomates.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
johnbryanpeters said:
There is something to be said for listening until you understand the culture, or what passes for it.

The wok/fire extinguisher/microwave is from an old thread of RIP's that I think you could find if you searched for it. [Edit: here it is: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116703&highlight=wok] It centered on refusing to discuss whatever he first posted about.

J
ah, now it all makes sense. i also just realized when looking through some old posts that i actually met rip at one of the sic bike nights at rye airfield in march.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
johnbryanpeters said:
J
:stupid:

The most annoying poster, IMO is the type like HelloKitty and STINKYLUKE. They come in, get high and mighty for an afternoon, then leave, never to return. And they always like to point out what a bunch of morons we are. :think:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
N8 said:
:sigh:

... TOOL was my 'custom' title for the longest time... I miss those days.
Ya shouldn't have broken the rules. The first rule no less! Besides, we all know you're a closet Hillary lover.