Quantcast

Ridemonkey's New Look...

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
personally id have to say that i hate it like this. but ill probly get used to it soon. :redX: :redX: :redX: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

EDIT:oh. just noticed that it has the same way of uploading pictures as mtbr.com. i really like that.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
Ridemonkey said:
Well keep in mind it's not done yet.....

I don't know if you're dealing with this yet, but some of the fonts are enormous. I liked the compact feel of the old forum.

Congrats on getting this all up though, it's quite and undertaking. :thumb:

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Tenchiro said:
It is nice and clean :thumb: , but where or where is the "View New Posts" link.

I will be lost without it! :(
It's the "get new" link in the header. I think I'll be moving that. There are a lot of issues with funky sized fonts and poor spacing that I'll be sorting out over the next week.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
why was the look changed?

frankly, i liked the old look... it really helped compensate for the lack of content ;) :D

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
LordOpie said:
why was the look changed?

frankly, i liked the old look... it really helped compensate for the lack of content ;) :D
The look was changed because the old style set was not compatible with the new software. I figure I'd start with something new and tweek it until you stop bitching about it :p

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Ridemonkey said:
The look was changed because the old style set was not compatible with the new software. I figure I'd start with something new and tweek it until you stop bitching about it :p
haha, cool.

Hey, while I have your attention, consider a very minor suggestion... change Snowboarder forums to Snowsports.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
Ridemonkey: something else you may want to consider is switching the color of links to a grey slightly lighter than the default text so they are a bit easier for users to see and find quickly in a post.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
DHracer1067 said:
why did you have to get new software? other seemed to work fine.
This is just the latest edition of the software we were already using. The main reason we upgraded was for security. We have had a lot of hack attempts lately so we needed a more secure system.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
dont know if this is happenin to everyone but everywhere i go ther is always this x window saying how many posts i has in there. like the one little envelope with the dot in it wont ever load up right.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Ridemonkey said:
This is just the latest edition of the software we were already using. The main reason we upgraded was for security. We have had a lot of hack attempts lately so we needed a more secure system.

Plus in the long run this software will help RM take over the world...just hang on and you can be part of it too! :D

Nice work Aaron, looks like you had a busy day!

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
Motionboy2 said:
Plus in the long run this software will help RM take over the world...just hang on and you can be part of it too! :D

Nice work Aaron, looks like you had a busy day!
Hot damn! I've always wanted to be a tool in a diabolical plot for world domination! :D

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Superdeft said:
Hot damn! I've always wanted to be a tool in a diabolical plot for world domination! :D

"What are we going to do tomorrow night Brain?"

"Same thing we do every night Pinky...TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!" :D

Had to say it sorry :p

drift1492

Chimp
Mar 19, 2002
I think you should take out the phrase "User Name" and just make that part (on the left of the posts) the actual user names only, in bold and possibly a bigger font. I've been looking to see who posted what and my eye is drawn to the word "user name" every time instead of the actual name. Just an idea. Otherwise, I like the new look a lot.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
drift1492 said:
I think you should take out the phrase "User Name" and just make that part (on the left of the posts) the actual user names only, in bold and possibly a bigger font. I've been looking to see who posted what and my eye is drawn to the word "user name" every time instead of the actual name. Just an idea. Otherwise, I like the new look a lot.
i agree. same with User group, since custom titles fall under there, too. overall i like this new greyish look a lot, but it definitely needs polishing

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
We will be making changes in the future. Our main goal was just to get the site moved to the new server, and back up and running without any major bugs. There are still a few things that need to get ironed out, then I'm sure we'll start tweeking certain things.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I don't like it, I'll get used to it though. One thing is the picture attachments...make them display...I'm sure that will be fixed.

and what does :stosh: do?

: stosh:

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
The Kadvang said:
Yeah, I like that alot better then the mtbr style.
There are so many millions of things that make this forum better than mtbr, even in it's current semi-incapacitated state it's better.

mtbr -> :nuts: <- rm

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
User names should be above the avitar... and in bold if possible. It'd be nice to get the "Location" thing again... It's cool being able to see where people are from.

I'm not really into the way it creates a new window thing for each post... just seems to take up more space.