Quantcast

Ridiculous Roommate Wanted Ad

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Jack really did hit the nail on the head though.

A few months ago, one of our local newspapers did a "Best of Western NC" poll for different businesses. Well, anyone in the public can vote in this pole so obviously the responses are going to be across the board.

The girl in question got insanely furious when Starbucks won 2nd (or maybe even 3rd - I can't remember) best coffee. She was going around yelling about it at a staff meeting and proclaiming that their coffee tastes "burnt."

She also flashed my friend one time when he lived there and said "oops...I forgot I was naked." Not something you'd want to see.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Today's missive to your buddy's roommate...

Hey,

This is Ian again. I am really hoping you're getting these emails as I really want to come have a look at your place.

So I have to ask, what's the dating situation in the house? In the past when I've lived with women, as I am kind of an attractive and rugged guy, it's always ended up being sort of a friends with benefits, let's get in the shower and mess around sort of setting. What can I say, I am good with my mouth and I like a good shower pounding as much as the next guy.

Also, would you be open to power exchange in this setting?

I also have this thing for local, organic coffee. Is there somewhere you suggest that isn't a starbucks? Their stuff always tastes burnt to me, and it really doesn't do much for me because of that.

Anyhow, let me know if you're getting these emails and if the place has been rented yet. I think we'd really hit it off, and maybe even find some sort of a mutual benefit in having two people near by who like to get at it. Though I have to ask, are you on any form of birth control? And when was your last STD check? I hate wearing condoms, they don't feel right and the condom makers are nothing more than multi-national whores who created AIDS in a lab to force the sale of those little rubber buzz kills.

Thanks,
Ian

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Haha! What a JOKE.

So I have to pay them just so I can "hang around" and be buddy buddy, listen/put up with their metal grunge music blasting 24/7 and have pot/drugs around only to have the cops bust in one day because they're too careless and got caught like with most hippies because they feel they're not "doing any harm". And on top of that they police what foods you bring into the house.
"Looking for something long term" sounds more like they're looking for a 3 relationship, not a renter. :bonk:
Yeahhh...NO.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Dirt, in your next email ask her if she would like to meet up at Rosetta's for some Vegan biscuits and gravy and then some American Spirit hand rolled smokes at Malaprops.

Rosetta's is an over the top hippy/gutter punk vegan restaurant that can feltch a rabid goat for all I care. Malaprops, on the other hand, is a very cool coffee house and bookstore.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Dirt, in your next email ask her if she would like to meet up at Rosetta's for some Vegan biscuits and gravy and then some American Spirit hand rolled smokes at Malaprops.

Rosetta's is an over the top hippy/gutter punk vegan restaurant that can feltch a rabid goat for all I care. Malaprops, on the other hand, is a very cool coffee house and bookstore.
I'm gonna disagree with you on this one. Both places are gutter punk/hippie haunts and both places aren't always the most customer-centric. I have a business relationship with Rosetta's so I know them pretty well and tend to eat there quite a bit. They're food is awesome and lots of non-gutter people hang out there these days.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I'm gonna disagree with you on this one. Both places are gutter punk/hippie haunts and both places aren't always the most customer-centric. I have a business relationship with Rosetta's so I know them pretty well and tend to eat there quite a bit. They're food is awesome and lots of non-gutter people hang out there these days.
Fair enough, it has been several years since I've been there. When they opened they most definitely discriminated against anyone who didn't fit their trendy gutter punk/filthy hippy image. And the food was bland and over priced.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Fair enough, it has been several years since I've been there. When they opened they most definitely discriminated against anyone who didn't fit their trendy gutter punk/filthy hippy image. And the food was bland and over priced.
two words. Fashion. Filth. Start throwing that phrase around, you'll DEFINITELY get a rise out of them :rofl:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
If I was your buddy, I'd have taken a pound of ground beef over there and stashed small amounts in each sink drain. That way days later, lots of maggots come up out of the drains. And yes, I've actually seen this happen at a kitchen that washed raw meat down a drain, but not thoroughly enough.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm kind of at a loss as to what I should do for today's odd email. This crusty frauline has not gotten back to me at all, which is making my inner attention whore sort of starve. Its a lot easier to do this when they feed the monster.

Any suggestions?

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
There was a punk show at Static Age on Monday night. You could pretend that you were there and ask what she looks like, etc. You probably get where I'm going with this.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Kenan, you should call or txt her and say you have a buddy that has been trying to get a hold of her through CL with no response.

ryebread

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Central Oregon
1. Tell her you had a dream about her. Keep it fairly harmless. Not the one where you're drowning in sand, just a dream that you moved in and things were great. You're totally sure that things would be just as great in real life if she would just get back to you.

2. Tell her you had another dream and that you think you're falling in love with her. Your Therapist thinks its great news. Hes also excited that you've made some new friends after what happened to the last group.

3. Tell her you're packed, trucks loaded and you're ready to move in. Its lucky because your lizard just bit your current landlord. So what, because hes a jock prick and deserved it. Thats what you get for sneaking up on a sleeping monitor lizard. Check in on the bathroom access situation again.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
There was a punk show at Static Age on Monday night. You could pretend that you were there and ask what she looks like, etc. You probably get where I'm going with this.
Any idea what she looks like? Give me something to work with. I want to put in some sort of "I thought you were really hot, kinda like this Drill Sargent we had back at boot. You two look almost the same from behind, like two fine hams fighting to get out of your BDU's..."

Kenan, you should call or txt her and say you have a buddy that has been trying to get a hold of her through CL with no response.
Do this. Or have your friend find a way to get ahold of her. I am all about pushing this for a couple more days.

1. Tell her you had a dream about her. Keep it fairly harmless. Not the one where you're drowning in sand, just a dream that you moved in and things were great. You're totally sure that things would be just as great in real life if she would just get back to you.

2. Tell her you had another dream and that you think you're falling in love with her. Your Therapist thinks its great news. Hes also excited that you've made some new friends after what happened to the last group.

3. Tell her you're packed, trucks loaded and you're ready to move in. Its lucky because your lizard just bit your current landlord. So what, because hes a jock prick and deserved it. Thats what you get for sneaking up on a sleeping monitor lizard. Check in on the bathroom access situation again.
Should I go all Jonestown on suggestion #2? Maybe talk about how after the Corps I tried to find Jesus, but ended up living with the Zendiks in West Virginia, but it didn't work out too well as they tried to BBQ my lizard, keep my truck, and forced me to have sex with the founder's wife?

This is a great way to kill 30 minutes every day...

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Tell her about your laminated poster of Sarah Palin wearing a wolf fur bikini and how you have a special squeegee for it.

Ask her if it would be OK to hang it in the living room because having an audience helps you with impotency and you are willing to work through these issues with the group's support.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Today's thought...

Hey there again,

I'm starting to get really worried about you not getting back to me. I hope nothing bad has happened to you. My grandma died suddenly like this as well, fell down in the shower while masturbating evidently with the shower head, cracked her head open, and ten minutes later was shuffled loose the mortal coil. It was a grave loss for our family.

So I reread the ad again, and I have some further concerns about the situation, but I don't think it'll be insurmountable in this situation.

Lately I have been carrying around a lot of guilt because it turns out that its bad for Zeke, my Monitor Lizard, to be chained to the wall constantly. He's been getting really fat as a result, and I am thinking he needs to be able to roam free during the day, or at least be able to walk around my room. However, my concern is about the bunny and the chihuahua that live with you. Is there some way during the day that we could keep them in an aquarium or maybe steel cage? Zeke is a hungry boy, as I have said before, and as I currently feed him a bunny or a stray cat three times a week, I am a little concerned that he's developed quite the hunger for fuzzy things smaller than he.

Also, he's become a lot territorial these last couple of weeks. Its become problematic with people coming in and out of my room. I guess last week my dad, who is also my landlord, after the episode where he tried to eat my mom's pug, came in and surprised my boy. He took a pretty good snap out of my dad's leg, which is a big part of why I have to move out. Can we find a way to work it so people don't cut through the room during the day to the bathroom? I don't want my lizard to get sick from eating some piece of gutter punk trash or some dirty skeevy hippy. He has a strict diet that he needs to stick to.

I had a dream the other night about moving into your place. I was really happy there and everyone was getting along well. My shrink at the VA tells me this is a positive sign.

Anyhow, I hope all is going well for you and look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Ian

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
You need to tell her that a friend of yours with a lizard is trying to get a hold of her via email. This would be a lot better with her replying.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Thing is - I don't talk to her anymore. If she were to find this thread I'd be screwed. I'd love for her to respond but I don't want her to know that I've even seen the ad.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I would have guessed that you have had plenty of experience with psychologist.
I've got issues, but I've got even bigger issues dumping out the contents of my head and my soul to some stranger who I don't trust.

Oh hell no, that's my stance. I'd rather be nuttier than a squirrel turd and proud as opposed to under "treatment" and neurotic.

Dick.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Dirt, you are my (And I suspect several others...) new hero and role model. Well, maybe not role model. And perhaps hero is a bit strong...but keep up the good work!

+++ if you can work something in referencing t.s eliot...I just had to write a paper on him and that bastage Prufrock.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Dirt- Tell her that since you have dreads past your butt, you are no longer a slave to the corporate paper industry. And ask her if she will respect your values and not to bring any paper, especially toilet paper, into the house. She will no doubt find your hardcore environmental stance an asset to her home.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Tell her that as a result of wounds sustained in Afghanistan you had to have a few feet of necrotic bowel removed and as a result are forced to wear a colostomy bag. Say that you hope it doesn't get uncomfortable when you wear shorts and it is clearly visible. Also, sometimes the PTSD kicks in and you gave hallucinations of camel spiders (the really big ones you see in pictures) crawling on your leg causing you to smash the colostomy bag in a fit of rage, spraying fecal matter that usually covers everything within a 10 foot radius in a mist, and sometimes nuggets of poo. No big deal though, your diet leads to an easy clean up.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm sitting at work right now brain storming with a friend of mine who is just as much of a deviant about where to go next with this email. I'm thinking Satan, George Bush and headless Barbie dolls are going into this missive.

ryebread

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Central Oregon
Get some crayons and draw pictures of what you think she looks like. And maybe some of the things you might want to do to or with her. Scan, send, repeat.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I'm pretty sure without going so far over the top, you would have gotten a response and been able to have a lot more fun with this.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
These can't get too creepy. They have to be strange as hell, but not creepy and sort of funny to an outside eye.

You start talking about "thinks I want to do to you" as more than a passive idea about sex in the shower, and it takes on a new flavor.

One more email after my obsession with headless barbies and making love to cabbage patch kids I am going to hit her with the flip of the email, the whole equal and fair housing act thing.