Quantcast

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
had a New Glarus Coffee Stout & a NG Uff-Da Bock & a couple glasses of Finca Antigua Cab last night. :drool:<-for all three.

NOW- Organic Gayo Mtn Sumatra

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

Some beer I picked up this evening, from left to right:
New Glarus Coffee Stout, Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Stout, New Glarus Organic Revolution, and New Glarus Uff-da Bock.

Current drinking the Bourbon Stout, and it's very, very VERY good. Might make it on to the Coffee Stout later tonight, will have to see. Have had the Bock and the Organic before, but looking forward to the Coffee Stout (along with the rest of the seasonal and "unplugged" specials that occur throughout the year). Hmmm, I think I might be acclimating to 'sconi culture...

edit: Holy crap I'm starting to really, really like Wisconsin...

Last edited:

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Bacardi and Coke soon. Lots.
Bad day today.
Office is not doing well and they just let someone go. We're down to 5 people, including the owner.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Mmmm... must find Torpedo. :drool:
Shouldn't be too hard to find after the initial buzz dies down. It's a new offering, but will be a year round beer. Comes in sixers unlike their Harvest Ale and the like.

Speaking of Sierra Nevada....

Bigfoot barleywine.

:beerjam:

Do they make anything that isn't good? :confused:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Had a Furthermore Knotstock last night. Which is a pale ale with black pepper. Damn tasty too.

Also had a Furthermore 3 Feet Deep stout made with peat smoked malt. More
good stuff from those Furthermore guys.

Also helped La polish off a bottle of Presto, a cheap Italian brut rose.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
NG Stone Soup. Good, not my favorite (and yes, I'm becoming a NG whore...). Picked up a 4pack of the iced barley wine, not sure when I'm going to try that but I'm definitely looking forward to it.
I really like New Glarus although spotted cow is my least favorite. Tried the Stone Soup with lunch, it is very nice & they can totally pull off an abbey style ale. I am not a big barley wine fan but I liked theirs.

Can you get Furthermore beers?
I think they may be my favorite WI brewery. Their Thermo Refur is the bomb. Supposedly 2 of the 4 barrels they made are here in Milwaukee & I can't find it in a bottle. :rant:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I really like New Glarus although spotted cow is my least favorite. Tried the Stone Soup with lunch, it is very nice & they can totally pull off an abbey style ale. I am not a big barley wine fan but I liked theirs.

Can you get Furthermore beers?
I think they may be my favorite WI brewery. Their Thermo Refur is the bomb. Supposedly 2 of the 4 barrels they made are here in Milwaukee & I can't find it in a bottle. :rant:
Crap, wish I'd read this before heading to the Old Fashioned yesterday. They have 30 Wisconsin beers on tap, plus about 300 bottle varieties, and I'm positive that the Thermo Refur was on that list (can't remember whether it was bottled or tap). Tried their Knock Stock last night (definitely an excellent beer) along with Tyranena's Sheep Shagger's Scotch Ale (excellent brew especially considering the fact that the bar had it on special for $2.75/pint).

The best part about the beer list was that they have two full pages of WI beer on tap, and then list Bud and Bud Lite as their "Imports"...

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Not right now, but on deck for this evening, Allagash Odyssey:

Odyssey is the second edition in our Barrel Aged series. It is a dark, 10% ABV wheat beer. We age a portion of the beer in New American Medium Toast Oak, and a portion in stainless steel for more than six months. We then blend the two different portions of beer to taste. Finally we bottle condition, adding additional yeast and Candi sugar.

Available in: 750 ml bottle
ABV: 10.4%
Original Gravity: 1086 by volume
Recommended Serving Temperature: 55°F
Recommended Cellaring Temperature: 55°F