Quantcast

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
So with all this nonsense the advantage is.... :confused:
Don't want to derail this thread too much.

Out here, in Phoenix, AZ, the advantages for me are: no pinch flats and don't have to worry about goat heads (thorns). Plus, I notice I have more traction/tire conforms to the ground better. This is all for a DH/FR bike though...which doubles as my trail bike. For me, it far LESS hassle than going with tubes, since I tend to pinch flat a lot (most of our trails resemble giant rock gardens).

Oh, and using the BMX tube method, it didn't take me much longer to set it up than it takes to normally change a tire/tube.

FWIW, my XC/road bike (it doubles as both) still runs tubes.

Back on topic - drinking coffee now, have been all day. But I think a dark beer might be necessary tonight.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
It's finally available in WI. And by "available", I mean $3.99 for a 22oz. When it wasn't available it was something that was forbidden, and part of the fun was trying to figure out how to get it (shipping a 6-pack, drinking it while traveling to Colorado, etc). Now that it's actually available (and overpriced), suddenly the mystique is gone and I'm choosing locally brewed beer instead. Might pick up a bottle at some point, but definitely not really that thrilled about it anymore...

Plus it is flavorless swill.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Plus it is flavorless swill.
Oh right, that too. Forgot about that part.

Right now I'm drinking Maxim coffee. It's a tube of instant coffee, creamer, and sugar all in a single-serving packet that's available in Hotels here in Korea (and China too). Yes, it is as good as it sounds... :disgust1:

Although tonight is either Cass or Hite.

edit: Or maybe some Soju. Mmmmmm, Soju.

Last edited:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Four Roses bourbon and trying to forget about my poison oak.

Pretty good stuff. Not as good as Evan Williams Single Barrel though, which is only a couple of bucks more...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
(I don't have a compressor).
What's the ONE thing that comes up when you read about tubeless?

The following two statements should be read in the same way:

"You don't have to have a compressor, but it really is a good idea."

"You don't need to have a condom if you want to have group sex with 15 Brazilian transexuals, but it would be a good idea."

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
This weekend-
Leinie 1880 bock
NG Totally Naked
Goose Island Summer Seasonal Kolsch
NG Fat Squirrel
Home brewed Bock
Goose Island IPA
Sprecher Black Bavarian
Grimbergen

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
This weekend-
Leinie 1880 bock
NG Totally Naked
Goose Island Summer Seasonal Kolsch
NG Fat Squirrel
Home brewed Bock
Goose Island IPA
Sprecher Black Bavarian
Grimbergen
Thoughts on each? I've avoided the 1880 in favor of microbrews, wasn't a fan of the Totally Naked or Fat Squirrel, the Black Bavarian is definitely tasty and haven't had the rest...

Picked up a 6 each of Capital Brewery's: Brown Ale, Munich Dark, Special Pilsner and Maibock. Have had the Maibock before (totally yummy) and drinking the Munich and Brown tonight. Munich is good, but the Brown is very good, quite a bit better than the Fat Squirrel (which I haven't had for at least the last year, so going from memory)...

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
thoughts On Each? I've Avoided The 1880 In Favor Of Microbrews, Wasn't A Fan Of The Totally Naked Or Fat Squirrel, The Black Bavarian Is Definitely Tasty And Haven't Had The Rest...

Picked Up A 6 Each Of Capital Brewery's: Brown Ale, Munich Dark, Special Pilsner And Maibock. Have Had The Maibock Before (totally Yummy) And Drinking The Munich And Brown Tonight. Munich Is Good, But The Brown Is Very Good, Quite A Bit Better Than The Fat Squirrel (which I Haven't Had For At Least The Last Year, So Going From Memory)...
this Weekend-
leinie 1880 Bock- Drank This After Cutting The Grass. Neighbor Gave Me One. She Works At Miller & Has A Basement Full. Very Very Very Dumbed Down Bock. No Characteristics Of The Style Whatsoever. But It Quenched My Thirst.
ng Totally Naked-good The First Time I Had It. Not Very Interesting But I Don't Think It Is Supposed To Be Being An Amreican Standard Lager. Crips, Clean & Kinda Refreshing. I Imagine It Is Great On A 90* Day
goose Island Summer Seasonal Kolsch- Not A Fav. Good Though. Another Good Hot Day/lawnmowing Beer. There Was A Little More To This One Than The Totally Naked, But Then There Should Be Being A Kolsch. I Would Like To Explore This Style Of Beer Some More.
ng Fat Squirrel- I Like This One. Easy Drinking Nut Brown. Good Balance Of Maltiness & Hops. It Is Everywhere Up Here & Can Be Had For $2 A Pint & Sometimes $5 A Pitcher. La Does Not Like It.
home Brewed Bock- This Needs A Week More Of Bottle Conditioning But It Is Drinking Mighty Fine Right Now. I Was Hoping For More Body & More Abv (4.2%) But Surprisingly Tasty For Our First (well 2nd If Count Our Mr. Beer Failure) Batch Of Beer.
goose Island Ipa- Good Ipa. I Don't Remember Much Other Than Liking It.
sprecher Black Bavarian- Another One Of My Favs. I Love Dark Lagers. I Really Love The Roasted, Toffee Notes & Full Body Of This Ones. If I Had A Tapper This Beer Would Have A Home In It Indefinitely. The 16oz Bottles Are Nice Too Though.

grimbergen- One Of My Venerable Favs. Had This On Tap & In A Pint Glass. I Didn't Mind The Glassware Faux Paux Cuz I Got Twice As Much As A Usual Pour. Sweet, Beer With A Nice Touch Of Clove On The Finish.
:d:d:d

Last edited:

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Me too! Which one? There are four:

Baltic Porter
Imperial IPA
Quad
Bohemian Pilsner

I am drinking the pilsner. It's brand new. It drinks more like a Belgian golden ale. 9%.

Harpoon's next Leviathian needs to be a barleywine.
The Bohemian Pilsner. So, so good.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse

Proceeded by a Bulleit over ice.
There is NOTHING quite as good as a Bulleit over ice.

I'm actually sucking down water out of a nalgene...but hopefully I'll be getting a call soon to meet up at The Woodshed. I'm thinking Jack and Coke.