Quantcast

RIP twitter thread

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The Saudi's paid for this, right? Maybe this was a catch and kill so Trump doesn't have to wallow in the fact he is permanently banned. "If I can't have you, nobody can have you" or something like that.
they kicked in for it. but yea. i had the same thought and posted it at literally the same time as you.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

At the meeting on Thursday, Mr. Musk warned employees that Twitter did not have the necessary cash to survive, said seven people familiar with the meeting who spoke on the condition of anonymity. The social media company was running a negative cash flow of several billion dollars, Mr. Musk added, without specifying if that was an annual figure. He mentioned bankruptcy.

Mr. Musk added that he had recently sold Tesla stock to “save” Twitter. He has sold nearly $4 billion in Tesla shares recently, according to regulatory filings this week.
But Twitter had lost money for eight of the past 10 years and its revenue growth has not been as robust as competitors. Mr. Musk also loaded the company with $13 billion in debt for the buyout, and it is now on the hook to pay $1 billion in interest payments annually. Mr. Musk has previously said the company is losing $4 million a day.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Reminds me of a week of chaos RM had years ago when people were making fake accounts for other RM users.

Now I wonder if some of the old users no longer in the system can be resurrected.