Quantcast

RM Fantasy Football League ready to go!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I finally got a good defense. Woot.

Narlus, I don't see a problem with that, long as everyone else thinks its cool.

Autodraft sucks, but is the easiest way. If you pre rank you shoudl be good to go. Even the default pre rank is pretty damn good.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
how does the waiver work? I was the last pick, but had was 11th on the waiver priority. what's up w/ that? i had two guys (williams and harrison) i wanted get snatched away from me. dammit!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I never got to arrange my pre-draft, so I got stuck with the default. My team actually doesn't look that bad, except for some asshole named "Rich Gannon."

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Hey, my two rb's blow: Portis and S. Davis. They had great 2003's, but this years' systems are going to be a lot different. Damn.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
this waiver system BLOWS!!! another guy (wesley) got snatched away from me. how the F am i last in the waiver ranking when i had the last pick in the drafting order?

:mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
narlus said:
this waiver system BLOWS!!! another guy (wesley) got snatched away from me. how the F am i last in the waiver ranking when i had the last pick in the drafting order?

:mumble: :mumble: :mumble:
If it was Greg Wesley from KC, he was a free agent not on waivers. Yahoo's defensive rankings left something to be desired.

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
Anyone want a rookie reciever? I have three that are probably going to start. Reggie and Roy Williams (no relation) and Larry Fitzgerald.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
DRB said:
First thing this morning. I couldn't believe that he was still out there.
something is definitely F'd up. i tried to add him to my roster several times. yahoo in general is f'd up i think. on my other team i had an empty roster spot which i tried filling multiple times, and finally got it.

:angry:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
narlus said:
something is definitely F'd up. i tried to add him to my roster several times. yahoo in general is f'd up i think. on my other team i had an empty roster spot which i tried filling multiple times, and finally got it.

:angry:
Yeah, Yahoo has been very weird. I was trying to drop Emmitt Smith forever this morning. I finally got it to go thru.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey fraser -

i've got a suggestion. BEFORE the league starts (ie, today), can you modify the starting roster spots so that instead of a 3rd WR starting, you can select a WR or RB? this would be fair to the people who didn't have a chance to pre-order their draft and weight WRs accordingly.

does everyone else agree, or disagree?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
narlus said:
hey fraser -

i've got a suggestion. BEFORE the league starts (ie, today), can you modify the starting roster spots so that instead of a 3rd WR starting, you can select a WR or RB? this would be fair to the people who didn't have a chance to pre-order their draft and weight WRs accordingly.

does everyone else agree, or disagree?
I'm cool with that.

Hey team herpes I proposed a trade johnson for delhomme, you interested.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
what is the deal w/ the QB scoring??? for instance, michael vick has a crappy game (13 of 22, 163 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, ran for 10 yds and got sacked 4 times). his score? 29.26 pts.

for comparison, terrell owens had a great game (68 rec yds and 3 TDs). he scored 21.4 pts.

methinks this league will be dominated by teams w/ strong QBs.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
narlus said:
what is the deal w/ the QB scoring??? for instance, michael vick has a crappy game (13 of 22, 163 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, ran for 10 yds and got sacked 4 times). his score? 29.26 pts.

for comparison, terrell owens had a great game (68 rec yds and 3 TDs). he scored 21.4 pts.

methinks this league will be dominated by teams w/ strong QBs.
I kept the same default scoring as last season, but i added a loss of points for interceptions. If you throw alot of picks, you will be penalized. But if you throw alot of incompletes, you will come out on top as it gives points .5 i believe, for each attempted pass.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
DRB said:
Wow. Looking at the players on the injury report, that is some major league carniage.
no kidding, check out my other team--i've turned over 6 players on a 14 man roster over the last 3 days because of injuries. AND, i started 2-0... i'm f'ed if this is any indication.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
hehe, i know i did. I have NO receivers who are even worth the roster spot., I think they have 60 yards between them this season, it is ridiculous. As of today, i was also out one D lineman as he was on reserve, with no backups.

Next week whoever i play is getting lucky. Culpepper is picking up the slack, but is on a bye week. Argh

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
Yeah those QB bye weeks are killers. I had to play Josh McCown this week and still did pretty good. I forget who I played but his team did really good.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My season is over. I can not access the league from work, and my home PC is crapping out (damn wireless connection isn't working). So I am stuck with RICH GANNON until I can get access to the league. FYI, Rich Gannon is out for the year with a BROKEN NECK.

:rolleyes:

Why did I even join?