BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Round 1:

Seattle vs. Dallas:
Seattle runs wild and Romo craps his pants
Kansas City vs. Indianapolis:
KC plays tough, but Payton is just too good. LJ runs for 145, but it aint enough.
New York vs. Philadelphia:
Giants in a shocker. Tiki and Shockey put away the resurgent Jeff Garthia
New England vs. NY Jets: The master schools the student one final time. Moroney runs for 125 and two TDs.

Round 2:

Chicago vs. Giants:
Eli throws 3 ints, a struggling Grossman is pulled at the half and Griese gets it done.
Seattle vs. New Orleans:
Drew Bress throws for 350 yds with Seattle's DBs out.
New England vs. San Diego:
San Diego slaughters New England 31-13. A changing of the guard in the AFC.
Indianapolis vs. Baltimore:
McNair craps his pants, 2 ints, 16/36 108 yds. Payton 3 td passes.

Round 3:

Chicago vs. New Orleans:
Urlacher and Mark Anderson each cause Reggie Bush to fumble, resulting in short fields. Bears win a nail biter.
San Diego vs. Indianapolis:
Payton still cant make the big one. Too much talent on SD. LT runs for 155 yds, 3 tds.

Superbowl:

Chicago vs. San Diego: Griese is knocked out by Merriman late in the 1st. Rivers plays a real clunker, though LT gets big yards. Grossman comes off the bench and leads Bears to 28-24 superbowl title as Cedric Benson scores a 4th quarter TD to clinch it.

Your predictions?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
OK I'll play.... no commentary though....

Bet / Heart

Rd 1
Seattle
Indy / KC
NYG
NE

Rd 2
Chicago
New Orleans / Seattle
NE / NE
Indy

Rd 3
Chicago / NO
NE / NE

SB
NE!!!!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I pretty much agree with Burly but I see Philly beating the Giants. They are hot in the second half of the season which is very important come playoffs. I would love to see Indy get knocked out much earlier in the playoffs but don't know if it will happen, they are good enough to beat a wild card team.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SD will beat Chicago if they go to the superbowl, but it may be very close and hinge on one or two big plays.
I'll put my money on a 14+ point game. Unless it is a choke-fest like last year the AFC team will kill the NFC team.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Well, when Chicago went to New England a couple weeks ago, even with 3 ints from Rex, it came down to the final seconds to decide the game. On a neutral field its a coin flip IMO.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Kansas City effing SUCKS. They are playing one of the worst defenses in the HISTORY of the NFL and they can't do sh!t. Pathetic. Trent Green should just retire now.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I always hear commentators talk about how good a coach Herm Edwards is but he never seems to win the big game. What kind of name is Herm anyway.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
all im gonna say is dont plan on having the bears win the superbowl...or get there...if grossman plays like he did against the packers there defense wont be able to stop them....Then again they couldnt stop the packers/=.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I pretty much agree with Burly but I see Philly beating the Giants. They are hot in the second half of the season which is very important come playoffs. I would love to see Indy get knocked out much earlier in the playoffs but don't know if it will happen, they are good enough to beat a wild card team.

Ime smahrt.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Balls. 3/4 aint bad. Giants made it close. Oh well, Bears over Seahawks. Saints over Iggles. back on track. Same result.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Westbrook had 140+ yards rushing....

Since when have the Eagles had a rushing game?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
"Down, down, down.....Seahawks goin' Down! Red Knight sucks Blue Knight RULES!!!!!"

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
Hey Burly you forgot one thing with the Ravens Colts game they're playing at Baltimore and that city hasn't forgoten what happened, the whole city is going to be at the game.
Now i think indy will win but the colts are going to have to shut the crowd up fast.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I hate to say it but I like all the home teams next week. I'll go out on a long limb and say New England beats SanDiego. All other home teams win.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My picks:

Chicago over Seattle
New Orleans over Philly
Baltimore over Indy
New England over San Diego

I think Bill Belichick will game plan to perfection. All things considered, I can not in good conscience pick Marty Schottenheimer over Bill Belichick in this spot.