Quantcast

Roll Call for US Open!!

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
So who all is coming to the 2009 US Open this year??

There are going to be tons of big named riders there like usual trying to snag that 5,000 dollar purse.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Going for the first time this year. Haven't had much time on my bike since I broke a couple ribs at the BMX park a few weeks ago, so I'll more than likely be heinously slow.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
you mean stand in the middle of the course and not move? nah itll never happen, they all have trail etiquette
Yeah, that, but mostly other stuff. Example: I was behind a rider CREEPING down the trail during practice. Basically, I got yelled at by some tool behind me for waiting and letting this slower rider get ahead a bit so I didn't catch him in 2 seconds and I could then pass him at the fire road. The yelling dude behind me passes me and has the same problem I did 10 feet later- stuck behind the same rider with nowhere to pass. Lot of good his yelling did him (and he didn't say "rider up," which would have been fine; it was more like "get the f*&% our of the way!")

So that and people just riding by the line that always forms at the rock garden, people yelling angrily for no good reason...I just thought there was a bad vibe in practice because everyone was annoyed and people are too "pro" (in the amateur ranks, mind you) to wait a second for slower riders, to give proper space between riders, to hold up if there's a crash, etc.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I'll be there for sure. I have to make up for last years disaster.

Practice by class would be great but that'll never happen.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
See you all there as usual, of course sporting some new and exotic hardware.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I'll be manning the e13 pit it looks like. Come by and say hello!

Richard
You and me both Dick! I Can't wait. Try to keep yourself in one piece between now and then, huh? ;)

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
Practice is always rough, I don't think I've ever been able to do a full practice run at the U.S. Open. It's pretty damn frustrating.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I'll be there riding. I'm passing on entering the downhill though after my kidney incident last year. This is the only race I have bad luck in each year; gotta know when to fold the cards. Can't wait to watch pro and have a relaxed weekend on my big bike :biggrin:

Last edited:

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
my goal is to get one full run this year.
Let me know how that works out for ya.....

Last year I hit AM practice right when it opened and still had to wait at the rock garden but only two people were in line when I rolled up so I really didn't have to come to a complete stop, 2nd run and after it was the usual. The AM field is, well, amateur so you're going to end up waiting.

J

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
I'll be there riding. I'm passing on entering the downhill though after my kidney incident last year. This is the only race I have bad luck in each year; gotta know when to fold the cards. Can't wait to watch pro and have a relaxed weekend on my big bike :biggrin:
Psssst....Sparky, sign up for GS. You'll get friday and saturday lift tickets cheaper than you would buying them there, and you can schlub your way through the course with us.

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
thats nuts, why is it so impossible to get a run in? just because of slow people or do people stand in the course?
Both. Pretty much impossible to get a run through the Toyota rock garden at speed. It is like a bottle neck through there with dumb noobs. Just watching it last year(broken hand), the practice for amateurs sucks.

I can't wait to race it this year though.