Quantcast

C4dev

Chimp
Jan 7, 2009
Just a random thought, but isn't troy on a small sized Demo where Sam And Brendon are both on the same size?? (medium? i think i remember reading this somewhere). So maybe Troys was an alloy frame with a flash paint job to look like Sam n Brendogs larger carbon frames? Maybe at the moment Spesh only have one mold for testing purposes?
Just an idea how EVERYONE could in fact be correct:thumb::D
Or they could be using carbon wrap around bonded alloy tubes, similar to this:

(Sorry I saw a bandwagon and felt compelled to jump on it: anything that distracts me from writing my thesis gets the thumbs up in my book right now)

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Pixor tells me that there are welds on the chainstays?
That detail was never in doubt. Rear triangle(s) have always been thought to be aluminumnomnomnom..... but yes, thar be welds on the chainstays. HOWEVER; the front triangle is most def carbonz. I've never seen a metal bike with a bb like that.

BikerBoy28

Monkey
Jul 3, 2006
Bellingham, Wa
So are you guys arguing its existence? Didn't read the whole thread but it seems that way. To put it all to rest this weekend I saw and even brushed my fingers along......a carbon demo! At the Oregon state championships if it matters

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Geehuz it's not even winter yet and there are threads like this all ready? UGH it's going to be a long winter.......
You mean a thread talking about hot bikes? GASP! Like all the other threads about bikes and upcoming product??! Oh the Horror! On a Mountain Bike Forum!??? Oh the Humanity!!! :shakefist:

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
So are you guys arguing its existence? Didn't read the whole thread but it seems that way. To put it all to rest this weekend I saw and even brushed my fingers along......a carbon demo! At the Oregon state championships if it matters
Someone who was up close and personal with the frames sort of refuted their existance as being carbon, and gave examples of other aluminum frames made by the same manufacturer. I can't say why (to humor himself, most likely), but there have been other technical mess ups by said person so......

I think it's now pretty much a fact that they were carbon. Very evident by that BB shot, and eye witness (finger witness?) accounts such as yours.

This is going to be one hot s-works frame.

Last edited:

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
You got to give mad props to the guys at Specialized hype department. Since they signed the monster team, specialized has created a lot of hype every year around the demo platform. Wonder how many more demos they sell now than before.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
You got to give mad props to the guys at Specialized hype department. Since they signed the monster team, specialized has created a lot of hype every year around the demo platform. Wonder how many more demos they sell now than before.
They also changed it, no?

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
Yes, i just mean the demo platform in general. I was among the first to get on the hype wagon last year for the new model and i will jump on it as soon as the plastic model is available to the public.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I wanted to touch B's frame, but he was sitting on it at the time. It would have been sorta awkward in a "Bro, why are you touching an extension of my manhood" kind of way.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Not quite comfortable enough with your sexuality?
I think he was making an attempt at humor. top tube is connected to the seatpost, connected to the seat, which you sit on, and under a few layers of sturdy clothing there is a penis. So by touching the top tube he would have been giving him a hand job. Duh.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I think he was making an attempt at humor. top tube is connected to the seatpost, connected to the seat, which you sit on, and under a few layers of sturdy clothing there is a penis. So by touching the top tube he would have been giving him a hand job. Duh.
Well done Kapitain, I got that ;) I'll try harder next time at my own attempts!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You two are killing me....