Quantcast

SB Kids and a reponse to the content of the discussions in "Idiot SB Kids"

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
(sigh.....) :mad:

O.K.

Everyone - this discussion was originally started to address the issue of the SB kids interfering with business practices here at RM. I have had conversations with some of them numerous times, and yes - they are disrespectful, undisciplined and immature.

The issue of interfering with a business transaction of a known member with the intent of disrupting it is crossing the line and interfering with the way in which a member can generate revenue for personal use. I recommend the permanent ban of the individual in question AND the caveat that any member who is found out to have done so knowingly will also be permanently banned.

What makes me sick is how this initial discussion has degenerated into attacks on the religious background of members here.

1. There is no room for racism on this board - and as such there is a specific rule against the usage of it here.

2. It is not funny. The level of disrespect displayed by members who utter racist remarks to others and then tell those offended to “Get over it” is infuriating and appalling.

3. To tell someone what they know and don't know about their own religion - one that you do not share, is equally offensive.

4. I understand that these views and actions are not representative of all on this board but, this type of behavior doesn’t help that fact. It makes us all look bad.

5. A joke between friends about their background may be acceptable in that situation, but to others who are not your close friends and don’t know you, it is entirely inappropriate.

6. You have the right to say what you want.

7. RM has the right to ban you.

This is a forum to talk about what we love to do; it is meant to be an escape from daily life so that we can all have a place to talk with others who are the same as us.

We ride.

PoserNewbie

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Lower Mainland, BC
The other thread definitely got out of hand when people started attacking/commenting on other religions/background. I agree that there should be a ban/warning from the moderator for people who post a smart-ass comments without adding value to the thread. I always thought that RM is a place where people can get great and knowledgeable advice from other enthusiast but I feel that it has not been the case recently.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i couldn't agree more.

seems like lately all there is here are little kids and "racerboys" doing their vulture act, waiting to jump in and attack someones thread. with their self imposed superiority over everyone.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
While I can see your point, on some of your issues I have to raise a red flag on the play...

Replies are inline below.

S.K.C. said:
(sigh.....) :mad:

O.K.

Everyone - this discussion was originally started to address the issue of the SB kids interfering with business practices here at RM. I have had conversations with some of them numerous times, and yes - they are disrespectful, undisciplined and immature.

The issue of interfering with a business transaction of a known member with the intent of disrupting it is crossing the line and interfering with the way in which a member can generate revenue for personal use. I recommend the permanent ban of the individual in question AND the caveat that any member who is found out to have done so knowingly will also be permanently banned.

What makes me sick is how this initial discussion has degenerated into attacks on the religious background of members here.

1. There is no room for racism on this board - and as such there is a specific rule against the usage of it here.

2. It is not funny. The level of disrespect displayed by members who utter racist remarks to others and then tell those offended to “Get over it” is infuriating and appalling.

I have to disagree here. Racism is real in America, but your desire to prevent free speech is also just as appaling. If you act a certain way, then you may get called a certain name. While you may not agree with it, it is not your job in kind to be the group moderator or censor.

3. To tell someone what they know and don't know about their own religion - one that you do not share, is equally offensive.

4. I understand that these views and actions are not representative of all on this board but, this type of behavior doesn’t help that fact. It makes us all look bad.

Using guilt to try to achieve your goals make your goals look lacking in credibility.

5. A joke between friends about their background may be acceptable in that situation, but to others who are not your close friends and don’t know you, it is entirely inappropriate.

Again, you are not our mothers, the supreme court, or the oversight person for the morality of America. Please get off the soap box.

6. You have the right to say what you want.

Unless, it seems, we defy your ideals and morals, then we lose that right?

Yes, they do.

This is a forum to talk about what we love to do; it is meant to be an escape from daily life so that we can all have a place to talk with others who are the same as us.

We ride.
And sometimes we talk ****. Learn to deal with the fact that people have opinions, and that ours might not coeencide with yours.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I wholeheartedly agree with S.K.C. If anyone comes across posts like those described here, please let me know so I can deal with them accordingly. I just don't have time to monitor everything myself, so if you don't mind, please send me a PM with the URL of the thread, and I will take care of it. Thanks

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Tattooo said:
While I can see your point, on some of your issues I have to raise a red flag on the play...

And sometimes we talk ****. Learn to deal with the fact that people have opinions, and that ours might not coeencide with yours.
Rm is a private community. You have NO freespeech rights here. Keep that in mind.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Tattooo said:
I have to disagree here. Racism is real in America, but your desire to prevent free speech is also just as appaling. If you act a certain way, then you may get called a certain name. While you may not agree with it, it is not your job in kind to be the group moderator or censor.
This is a privately owned discussion board, and I say racism is not welcome. Deal with it.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ridemonkey said:
I wholeheartedly agree with S.K.C. If anyone comes across posts like those described here, please let me know so I can deal with them accordingly. I just don't have time to monitor everything myself, so if you don't mind, please send me a PM with the URL of the thread, and I will take care of it. Thanks
just wanted to point out that a PM is the best way to do this, as the report button doesn't seem to be working correctly as of late.

J

JRB

Tattooo said:

I always love the defense of racism, based on freedom of speech. Guess what - we have freedom to not tolerate crap like that. By the way - there are laws against racism too. It's a good thing for you that ignorance is not illegal.

J

JRB

Ridemonkey said:
No, the issue is really damn simple: Post a racist remark, get banned. Any questions?
Wait - does this apply to culture too??? I would feel bad for flaming Canada, when I just do it to screw with you and Transcend. :D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ridemonkey said:
No, the issue is really damn simple: Post a racist remark, get banned. Any questions?

That seems simple and reasonable.

BTW -
I'm a cracker.

:D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
loco said:
Wait - does this apply to culture too??? I would feel bad for flaming Canada, when I just do it to screw with you and Transcend. :D
Canada has no culture, so go ahead.

:blah:

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
How about old and respected members!?!?!?

A few months back when i was trying to sell this cheap ManiPPo Fork another member (I try to not even remenber this type of names for karma reasons) start to accuse me that I took the Fork "Out of a trash can" and claiming the fork was his (Is not like manitou, make just ONE fork on every run, but they need to make a few thousends to keep the cost low ) and was totally inoperable because it was bend all over..

needless to say I was really sad and offend it, since this guy just slander me name with out remorse and nobodt came to my "Rescue" (I propose to go to any shop of his choice to examine the fork, but oviuslly he never respond), maybe the typical "Oh he does not speak Ingles" he most be a Scammer..

in fact the fork work perfect, it was inspected by a few good mecanics and all agree the fork was in perfect ussable shape, but oviuslly i never got to sell the fork since everybody believe the elder member as oppose to me the new member with out the perfect ingles..

I just think we need to be mature (maturity sadlly does not come with Ega sometimes) and keep the business to your self and not try to hurt others, just because you can..

I'm may not speak Ingles perfectlly but I have a Impecable reputation and many ways to prove it, plus you can see the work i done in some of my posting...

well sorry for the sideline posting, but I was extremlly offend it that time, to the point I almost stop posting on this borad do to the racial context employ on this matter

I will look for the tread so you guys can judge for your self, hopefully i can find it..

Ricardo

J

JRB

patineto said:
How about old and respected members!?!?!?
I remember the thread. That sucked. I, at one time, was annoyed by your English. Guess what - you are very understandable when you think about what you say. Wumpus and I were talking about you yesterday, discussing how sharp you are. Definitely inventive and intelligent. Thanks for not letting someone drag you away. That would suck.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
loco said:
I remember the thread. That sucked. I, at one time, was annoyed by your English. Guess what - you are very understandable when you think about what you say. Wumpus and I were talking about you yesterday, discussing how sharp you are. Definitely inventive and intelligent. Thanks for not letting someone drag you away. That would suck.
every time i see his name on a thread, i look to see what his mind has conjured up this time.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
loco said:
:stupid:

Patineto, I remember the post, and who was harping on you. No one listens to him anyway, don't sweat it.

J

JRB

H8R said:
:stupid:

Patineto, I remember the post, and who was harping on you. No one listens to him anyway, don't sweat it.

I had to look it up to see it was Stoney. That guy is a piece of work. Wow.

I wonder how the fork looked with dirtjump999's friend got it.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Tattooo said:

Using guilt to try to achieve your goals make your goals look lacking in credibility.

Again, you are not our mothers, the supreme court, or the oversight person for the morality of America. Please get off the soap box.

Unless, it seems, we defy your ideals and morals, then we lose that right?

Yes, they do.

Free speech in America means you can start your own website or newspaper and print whatever you want.

Your concept of free speech as it relates to RM would be akin to having your thoughts published in the NY Times. The editors of the NY Times decides who gets printed, and Ridemonkey and his moderators get to decide who is allowed to post and who is not.

I think some common sense should apply to everyone's posts, particularily outside the Political Forum. Discussions about race and religion are frowned upon in general society unless handled with the utmost respect. Insulting each other with threats and vulgarity is also frowned upon.

I am guilty of being incendiary with my posts, and I will have to chill. I advise everyone to take a step back and do the same.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
gemini2k said:
Why are the SB kids still welcomed?
Because I can't just ban the whole county. If people can send me links to posts from now on where SB kids, or anyone else violates our basic set of rules then I can take action, but unless you guys pitch in and let me know nothing will change because I simply can't monitor every thread 24 hours a day.

J

JRB

Ridemonkey said:
<snip>unless you guys pitch in and let me know nothing will change because I simply can't monitor every thread 24 hours a day.
I'm going to have to ask you to devote more time to us, sir.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Everyone has a clean slate as of this very second. Now no one can complaint that they didn't know the rules, or thought there was leniency in some areas. It should all be pretty clear by now.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Ridemonkey said:
The old RM used to have a link to report the thread. Is that disabled now? Or just not available in the new fourm software....

J

JRB

I wonder how many of us reported Ridemonkey to himself. I know I did.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
loco said:
I wonder how many of us reported Ridemonkey to himself. I know I did.

Me too.

Uh oh...what happens when RM gets banned?

J

JRB

H8R said:
Me too.

Uh oh...what happens when RM gets banned?
He would have already banned himself over the t-shirts if it were going to happen. :D

edit - you think he is aware of our displeasure, or should we PM him too???