Quantcast

Sea Otter Live thread

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Good weather two years in a row - that must be an Otter record. The rain was last week and the crazy wind the last couple of days. Beautiful CA weather up for the weekend.

I wonder if the economy has taken a toll on the number of racers and spectators.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Good weather two years in a row - that must be an Otter record. The rain was last week and the crazy wind the last couple of days. Beautiful CA weather up for the weekend.

I wonder if the economy has taken a toll on the number of racers and spectators.
I read somewhere that there are over 750 riders for DH alone.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Don't friggin' jinx the weather by assuming the forecast is right. All we need is some wind and it goes from "toasty" to a blast chiller - like last year, and like you can expect pretty much every afternoon down there. As compared to other years it was nice to stay dry but still.

:cheers:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Pretty excited about the event!

Heading out tomorrow for practice. I will be out there Thursday - Sunday!

Rain or shine, its always fun. =]

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I may break the curse! When I race (which I am), it always rains!

Says it could be as high as 80 on Saturday! That's a little warm. But I'll take that over a total slop-fest ANY day.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Heading down friday morning. Didn't have the money to race, so I'll be drinking beer, hanging out in the pits, and heckling riders.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
No, but I will be selling shimz in case any riders need extras.

Thinking about an air horn actually. Yah, gonna be 'that guy.'

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
lets team up. im the tall ass white guy with a megaphone
I'll be chilling on a canfield lucky probably near the top of the DH course, and DS course. I'm not normally one for team sports, but I think I'll manage here

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
OMG.

The only picture I can find from the Simpsons episode where part hooks up 10-20 megaphones... you remember this episode Simpsons fans...

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
I just finished hiking the DH...Its exactly the same as last year only with more weeds! =]

wind just stopped here in Carmel, I duno what the race site is doing right now. But it was windy an hour ago when I left there.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Ah, SO glad I get to skip the Ocean Beaver this year. First time in 10 years I am missing it. Every year I say "I am never going back" and my dream has finally come true.

-ska todd

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
The wind has been raging for the last 4 days and this morning it finally calmed down. Hopefully it stays this way through the weekend. I did have a dream last night that the forecast changed from sunny and warm to rain through Saturday...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
The wind has been raging for the last 4 days and this morning it finally calmed down. Hopefully it stays this way through the weekend. I did have a dream last night that the forecast changed from sunny and warm to rain through Saturday...
Even in years when the weather is otherwise pretty damn good (sunny, warm, etc.), you count on the wind picking up significantly every afternoon through early evening out there.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Yet, you can always count on them to schedule whatever dirt jump comp they're doing for the afternoon and then have to cancel it or have pros get hurt or refuse to ride due to wind :crazy:

-ska todd

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
It's chilly

I am still a little tired from not flying back from africa, so I will wake up more for tomm's coverage....But Aaron Lutze will have our videos up soon on www.freecaster.tv

I think Sam Hill did more runs today than he has ever done in ALL his sea otters...and we got every run.

Last edited: