Quantcast

Sea Otter Live thread

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
Hey guys,
A small handful of production LG1+ might be on the way to Sea Otter as we speak... *hint hint*

Many more will be shipping out to distributors today and Monday. :busted:

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
It's chilly

I am still a little tired from not flying back from africa, so I will wake up more for tomm's coverage....But Aaron Lutze will have our videos up soon on www.freecaster.tv

I think Sam Hill did more runs today than he has ever done in ALL his sea otters...and we got every run.
Stik - good job on the DH course walk (impersonation exlcuded). The rockgarden review had me laughing. But no footage of the SX-sized double-double?

Apr 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Stikman, thanks for the coverage, I'm sure lotta folks who couldn't make it out there, including me, are thanking guys like you and the freecaster crew, keep it coming. On a side note, Hill looks super smooth on his SX, yes I am a fanboy!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Are any of the events worth watching live on Freecaster?

We are not doing live feed for sea otter, just having some fun cruising the pits, talking to industry people, riders. We got a hold of a proto HD POV cam yesterday that was so wicked, check that clip. It makes the Sea Otter DH actually look cool.

We will have some slalom racing highlights AND HD video race runs on helmet POV.

Big props to Aaron Lutze on the video cam and editing, he is murdering it.

The Proto HD video clip is here
http://freecaster.tv/mtb/1007670/sea-otter-classic-dh-helmet-cam

and the rest of the sea otter stuff here
http://freecaster.tv/mtb/

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I swear every year the rider kits get more retarded and cheesy looking. Kinda like scene kids...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Complete Results?
Buhl beat Kintner

and
1-Sam (text book riding, he put on a clinic, watch his runs on freecaster later)
2-Cody Warren (rode like a champ)
3-Rando
4-Gee (They tied in last run, but win went to Rando)

The boys are TIRED now, legs are all killing. Was a great slalom, tons of fans, sun, no amateur racing during the pro race....beer.

Clips on freecaster by night time

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I heard that during testing and development Gee preferred the rear end with the longer chainstays, but HOLY CRAP...

Did anyone see THIS?!

The rear tire looks like it's miles away from the seat tube...

...reminds me of one of these:

:biggrin:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I heard that during testing and development Gee preferred the rear end with the longer chainstays, but HOLY CRAP...

Did anyone see THIS?!

The rear tire looks like it's miles away from the seat tube...

...reminds me of one of these:

:biggrin:
It was around 18'' I think.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
He actually rides Kenda tires! Good to have him back racing. Great start of the year for him lets see if he can keep it up this time.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
He actually rides Kenda tires! Good to have him back racing. Great start of the year for him lets see if he can keep it up this time.

Yeah, I noticed the tires too. Maybe that shows that they're not so bad after all....or maybe it shows that equipment doesn't make much of a difference...

Good for Mick; it's like it's 2001 again or something.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
damn... 3 seconds from 1st to 13th, and only 1 second for 1st to 5th. the guys that went to the last rounds of DS finals put in a good show considering their legs where probably still smoked.

Pro Men

1. Mick Hannah 2:08.1
2. Greg Minnaar 2:08.2
3. Andrew Neethling 2:08.8
4. Justin Leov 2:09.0
5. Brian Lopes 2:09.2
6. Eric Carter 2:09.3
7. Dan Atherton 2:09.6
8. Jared Rando 2:09.9
9. Bryn Atkinson 2:10.3
10. Nathan Rennie 2:10.3
11. Cody Warren 2:10.3
12. Sam Hill 2:10.9
13. Cedric Gracia 2:11.2

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
bryn's still on it!

needles killing as well. nice work for Buhl celebrating the 1, 2 weekend!
was Minnaar on the carbon Blur?

from Sicklines:

Pro Women

1. Tracey Moseley 2:21.6
2. Melissa Buhl 2:22.2
3. Kathy Pruitt 2:27.7
4. Claire Buchar 2:28.0
5. Lisa Myklak 2:32.0

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Both Sam and Brendan were on Specialized tires as well, just an FYI. Pruitt was on the new Duros. Same said his legs were roached from all those rounds in the slalom the night before.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
bryn's still on it!

needles killing as well. nice work for Buhl celebrating the 1, 2 weekend!
was Minnaar on the carbon Blur?
No v10, but he looked like he was riding a little bike. He blasted through the double before the "rock garden" about twice as fast as everybody and 3x higher, threw the fattiest whip ever, and buzzed his rear tire on the tape poles at the edge of the course. It was pretty epical. Looked like a guy throwing gnar on the DJ's

Last edited: