Quantcast

Secret Santa 2011 - nuff said.....

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I'd go with glassware or home made preserves if they ask at all. I usually just slap on a bunch of "Fragile" stickers and if they don't ask, I don't say.
Yeah, I shipped it this morning (it'll arrive on Tuesday) and they didn't ask, so I didn't offer any additional information. Fingers crossed that it arrives safely. I can safely say, all gift components are packed tightly in there :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wait, how is that even possible? You're a machine! I've run something like 15 miles this week and every part hurts as a result.
I am prepping for my next marathon (May 6). Just trying to maintain a steady 40-50 miles per week.

Sunday: 6.1
Monday: 11.1
Tuesday: 11.1
Wednesday: 7.1
Thursday: 7.2
Saturday: 14.2

8:48 pace over those miles. I'm starting my actual training on Monday (20 week program).

#coolstorybro

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Mine went out today. It's not getting there until the 27th though. I see this as extending Christmas a couple days, but if I'm banned I'm banned. The tardiness is worth it in my mind, had to wait for the last component.
Might join you in the ban, doubt mine will arrive on time.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
543.2 miles left in them so... the next pair is in you. :)

56.8 miles on the new shoes this week. :monkey:
My evil, sadistic plan is for you to run a 50k ultra-marathon sometime in 2012, part 2 of Secret Santa 2011 will be an entry bib to something horrible (and yet rewarding) in your neck of the woods. You should start looking now... :thumb:

EDIT: Not a lot to choose from in the NE but Blimpers Bluff seems like a reasonable first 50K. Its in October.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
If either come to me I'll get the DTs and swear it was delivered on Christmas Eve but I wasn't able to open it until the snakes went away. I'll have your back like that because fighting the power is what I'm about.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
If either come to me I'll get the DTs and swear it was delivered on Christmas Eve but I wasn't able to open it until the snakes went away. I'll have your back like that because fighting the power is what I'm about.
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Serial Midget again."

You're a peach, kind sir!

Yelo

Monkey
Aug 3, 2008
Quebec city, Quebec, Canada
Pretty much the same here, as long as it gets here before new years eve.... Somebody is still waiting for her gift from last year as long as I know and the one responsible for it was never ban so I don't see a couple days late as a major problem...

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Pretty much the same here, as long as it gets here before new years eve.... Somebody is still waiting for her gift from last year as long as I know and the one responsible for it was never ban so I don't see a couple days late as a major problem...
You're a peach as well, especially for a Canadian!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Edit: Deleted this whole line of conversation so the SS thread isn't full of arguments.

It suffices to say: get your packages there on time. When you participate, you agree to get everything there by Christmas. Expedited shipping is not that much money.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Tick tick only a few days left till Christmas. Every day next week is going to be exciting..... I'm sure the first place I'll be looking is the front door step.
I'll be honest I think some of my favorite Xmas gift come from monkeys... TN hooked me up with an awesome homemade beer tap handle a few years ago.... I still use it (almost every night I might add)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I have a package at the Post Office requiring age verification... I can only guess.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I was hoping mine wouldn't arrive until Wednesday, but it'll be there Monday....would have played into my plan a little better, but I that's fine. I haven't received mine yet either, but I'm not in a huge rush either. I like waiting until it's closer to Christmas anyway :)

Last edited:

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Just shipped mine. ETA is Thursday. I used a good bit of trickery to safely send beer, but I'll let my monkey show it off on Thursday when (s)he gets it. I think I did good and stayed pretty much within the budget which I didn't expect.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Budget? I didn't really stay within one...I think mine was $50 out of pocket but actual value is quite a bit more. Meh, Christmas comes but once a year, now it's here, now it's here, bringing joy...lalala. Okay...I need sleep :)

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Budget? I didn't really stay within one...I think mine was $50 out of pocket but actual value is quite a bit more. Meh, Christmas comes but once a year, now it's here, now it's here, bringing joy...lalala. Okay...I need sleep :)
Well my monkey specifically asked for something that was sitting in my spare parts box barely used so I got to give that for free. I could've saved more by ordering part of the gift through my team's pro deal but I put it off too long and had to buy it full price. And the beer was actually on sale! :thumb: I was prepared to go well over budget but I got lucky and didn't need to.