Quantcast

Muerto

Chimp
Oct 30, 2009
Sweden
I can get this frame too. I think we have already seen this one out in the market or one much like it. I have marked over the name on the frame in this picture. Sorry I am not giving up all my sources at this time, but will say there are other very nice E-Catalog Frames out there other than the Astro Frame.

Cecil
Ah, yes, the AluMate.

What's up with the secrets and marking over the name on the frame? Anyone with half decent google skills and 5 minutes to spare can find that one...

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008

It looks like Da bomb Tsar Bomba just with a different top tube.

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
Still think this frame will be great for the cost. No I am not going to give out that info. Let’s just say my goal was to put a package together for frame, rear shock, head set and fork to retail around $1800. This would be all Mid level parts. I know it can be done.
just curious as to what suspension brand you managed to talk to that was willing to sell you some shocks and forks? im going to start looking in to bringing a few frames in, but would like to atleast also have a shock coming with them.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
just curious as to what suspension brand you managed to talk to that was willing to sell you some shocks and forks? im going to start looking in to bringing a few frames in, but would like to atleast also have a shock coming with them.
You are better off setting up an OEM with a shock company and buy them here in the States. Trust me!!!

Freeridin'

Monkey
Oct 23, 2006
Colorado
So what does it take to buy one of these frames? Do I need to place an order of a couple hundred or can I show up at the factory doorstep and make a purchase?

Secondly, why are a few trying to make this look top secret? Here's the Alu-mate AA26160. Some might say it looks like a Transition tr450. So what, that's business.

http://www.alumate.com.tw/01frame.html#

Cabdoctor

Monkey
Mar 25, 2008
Sacramento
if i can find a few other guys that want a medium i will get the wheel moving and buy a test run worth of these frames
Crap I would probably need a small as I'm just under 5'7." What price range do you think they would be? And could we get one without a shock? It would be fun to get one of these frames and then rape pink bike for components. Avyify an old shock and fork and call it good.

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
So what does it take to buy one of these frames? Do I need to place an order of a couple hundred or can I show up at the factory doorstep and make a purchase?
im looking into it now, seems like low numbers are possible

Crap I would probably need a small as I'm just under 5'7." What price range do you think they would be? And could we get one without a shock?
without shock is probably what i would need in my case as i also way planning on doing a similar thing as you. get one cheap, and just build it with lightly used parts or ebay steals to have a beater i dont really care about. I'm trying to get a price currently and depending on what i find out ill let the monkeys know

Cabdoctor

Monkey
Mar 25, 2008
Sacramento
I realize you probably don't want to show all you cards, but if you could PM with I price range as I'm really interested and I need to start dropping anniversary gift hints

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
i myself currently have zero info on price (atleast good enough to give a quote or even an estimate) im waiting to hear back from them hopefully within a couple days

Chimp
Jan 8, 2011
Austria
i'd be curious to see what the lowest sample size that they would sell you would be. If someone wanted to try one i'd be willing to pool up and get one. is that even possible?
I guess they´re talking about the ASTRO frame that KHS/Kraftstoff/Radon/etc. use.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Dennis, no they are not. Thought I told you that. Maybe not. There is about a $150 difference. Plus they are priced as a raw frame.

Cecil
well 150 isnt much of a difference when normal DH frames are 3000 dollars :D

plus I think most people now a days prefer a raw frame, its lighter isnt it? :rofl:

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
I am very intrigued also but would be looking at a large size in just RAW frame. If you are doing an PM'ing of details or looking to up the order number, please add me to your list.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Understand if any company decides to bring in any Catalog frame the cost to resell is not going to be as low as you guys think, but lower than what you see prices for most DH frames. There is a cost to the frames and to get the low cost you have to buy 100+ frames. Then the cost to import them in. ($3500) for a 20ft container. Then the cost to insure and warranty each frame. Cost to paint or clear coat the frames. Once any company does all of the above and puts their markup on top it should be around $1200+. Still a lot lower than most frames out there.

To get a sample frame you'll end up paying about the same.

Hope this helps some,

Cecil

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Understand if any company decides to bring in any Catalog frame the cost to resell is not going to be as low as you guys think, but lower than what you see prices for most DH frames. There is a cost to the frames and to get the low cost you have to buy 100+ frames. Then the cost to import them in. ($3500) for a 20ft container. Then the cost to insure and warranty each frame. Cost to paint or clear coat the frames. Once any company does all of the above and puts their markup on top it should be around $1200+. Still a lot lower than most frames out there.

To get a sample frame you'll end up paying about the same.

Hope this helps some,

Cecil

really? you think these yokels are gonna grasp what it takes to deal with international commerce?

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
only on ridemonkey will something get called out for having not only similar appearance, but color scheme......