Quantcast

show off your road bike(s)

bikeCOLORADO

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Colorado Springs, USA!
Yes...I do ride this on the road - to and from the trail, about once a week on a nice local hilly road route too. Just can't afford more than one bike for me when I've got a stable of five more to maintain for the rest of the family!

It probably weighs twice what most of those sexy, sleek bikes do. Not to mention the drag of 2.5" wide tires inflated to about 40lbs. Not to mention a nice squishy front and rear suspension. I look at it this way...it just makes me that much stronger.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Ya aint seen nothin' yet homies, not until the Time shows up :D! Check out those beautiful new tires, and I was told I would go faster with the Time spacer flipped above the stem.

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
This is my bike 2003 OCR 3. I feel embarassed posting it because everyone has such nice bikes. I love riding it and ride it whenever I'm not mountain biking. Mostly stock but plan to upgrade.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Langer said:
This is my bike 2003 OCR 3. I feel embarassed posting it because everyone has such nice bikes. I love riding it and ride it whenever I'm not mountain biking. Mostly stock but plan to upgrade.
Nice bike, but you should be embarrassed about riding a triple.

largerthan9

Monkey
Dec 10, 2002
aussiedude said:
yup i did

Sooo......

The Cinquanta huh?

You have the extra duckets laying around to buy a camera and take an actual picture of your own bike then huh? (Not a Pic from a web site)

:think: :rolleyes: :angry:

Sep 1, 2004
Heres my ride with some training wheels on it. (also for sale if you want to buy it)

Bianchi EV4 frame 57cm with dura ace/ultegra components, WCS bar/stem/seatpost, Fizik Arione saddle, Race X lite wheels with pro race tires

Can also sell it for 1800 with Mavic Cosmos or 1600 with no wheels

The frame has a small dent in the top tube from the handlebars hitting the frame during a crash. Other then that everything is in perfect shape. Email for pictures.

Attachments

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
chicodude01 said:
what? No Indie fab frame?
not yet! i'm a broke college student so....but i have a Planet cross and a ti deluxe. i'll get a crown jewel when i get up some $$..

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
chicodude01 said:
That cannondale ain't cheap either. I thought you worked for indie fab from your sig. :think:

nope i race for them. i did a small internship there during the summer a couple of years ago and know all of the guys up there very well. they are way to small and i'm not fast enough on the road for them to realistically be able to afford giving me a road bike. it's all good, i understand their end and they understand mine. they know i'd buy one if i had the $$. i'd like to buy another cx bike though before i do that...

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
My first Road Bike. No one is quite sure how old it is 97-99? Full Carbon with Shimano 600 running gear. It cost me $500

Oreo is still not sure if Roadies are cool

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my road bike has fallen ill. er, make that "fallen off the rack while on the highway"

(2000 klein quantum race)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
chicodude01 said:
ouch. is the rest of the bike that messed up?
no, the damage was mainly to the fork and the chainrings, as far as i can tell. i haven't really given it a thorough checkup tho...

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Okay, The downhill forum has a sticky with Bike pics, i think this should have one too. :)

Mods, Sticky Please.......

MisterXTR

Chimp
Apr 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Nothing Special -- `98 Cannondale R200, 54cm CAAD2 frame, downtube shifters and 7-speed cassette (12-24). 52-39 chainrings and 170mm arms. I usually run older Ultegra pedals. Steering is pretty quick. Bought it new and wanted something that didn't grab attention or look outdated in 6 years. Good member of my commuter fleet. Just noticed today my sidewalls are getting hard and crusty...time for new tires! :mumble:

Attachments

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
MisterXTR said:
Nothing Special -- `98 Cannondale R200, 54cm CAAD2 frame, downtube shifters and 7-speed cassette (12-24). 52-39 chainrings and 170mm arms. I usually run older Ultegra pedals. Steering is pretty quick. Bought it new and wanted something that didn't grab attention or look outdated in 6 years. Good member of my commuter fleet. Just noticed today my sidewalls are getting hard and crusty...time for new tires! :mumble:
The "British racing" forest green with the tan bar tape give the bike a classic look. It would be even sweeter if you have a Brooks brown leather saddle.

MisterXTR

Chimp
Apr 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Carbon Fetish said:
The "British racing" forest green with the tan bar tape give the bike a classic look. It would be even sweeter if you have a Brooks brown leather saddle.
Dang, that is one fine looking Brooks saddle. You're right that it would offset the tan tape well!

recidivist

Monkey
Aug 29, 2002
Soquel, Cali
Carbon Fetish said:

For $170 the saddle ought to just picked my butt up and carry me up the hill....

Brooks saddles are the bomb.

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Swapped over all my parts from my Orbea (the gold one on the first page I believe), to my Kelly Knobby X.

It will be my bike for the long base mile rides this winter.... also is still my Cyclo-X rig.. just swap some tires ya know? :)

Pic is from the Valley Forge trail this past Sunday.

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Winter rides... OX Platinum rides better than any aluminum for long winter rides... ALSO canti's leave much more room for larger tires for snow/ice whatnot.