Quantcast

show off your road bike(s)

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Damnit! I want a real road bike too! :mumble:

I love my SS karate monkey with slicks, but I need to go faster, more speed more speed captain!

:drool: at this thread....I love the bikes. All these steel beasts are making my pants tight.

The Ito

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
My Roubaix Pro. The only difference right now is that I've dumped the saddle for an airone and its sporting temporarily a set of Zipp 404 Tubulars (NICE VERY VERY NICE) instead of the dura ace wheels.

J

JRB

DRB said:
My Roubaix Pro. The only difference right now is that I've dumped the saddle for an airone and its sporting temporarily a set of Zipp 404 Tubulars (NICE VERY VERY NICE) instead of the dura ace wheels.

Nice - and great work on the woks and microwave. :thumb:

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
My $400 19lb black and gold Masi!

I got the frame and almost a complete parts kit from two friends and ebayed some to replace with cooler stuff. It comes in at exactly 19lbs on a digital hanging scale without seatbag, pump, bottles (but with the cages!).

I'll probably end up replacing it, but I may not so I can be all smug when I start racing again next year and put the hurt on some guys with bikes that cost 5x as much!

It rides pretty well and doesn't hammer my back on rougher roads, climbs like a dream too!

Attachments

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
bikeguy100k said:
My $400 19lb black and gold Masi!

I got the frame and almost a complete parts kit from two friends and ebayed some to replace with cooler stuff. It comes in at exactly 19lbs on a digital hanging scale without seatbag, pump, bottles (but with the cages!).

I'll probably end up replacing it, but I may not so I can be all smug when I start racing again next year and put the hurt on some guys with bikes that cost 5x as much!

It rides pretty well and doesn't hammer my back on rougher roads, climbs like a dream too!
I like that paint job, the gold is pimptastic.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Reactor said:
'05 Specialized Roubaix Comp. Bone stock + Nightrider Hid and Polar CS200(not shown)

I love those Roubaixs (see above).... but please tell me that you have removed all the yellow warning stickers and the size sticker?????

How do you like the CS200? Is it the wireless version?

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA

Finally took an updated picture of my Cannondale. She's for sale as my racing days are over for the time being and I head back to the trusty mid 90's Ritchey

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
DRB said:
I love those Roubaixs (see above).... but please tell me that you have removed all the yellow warning stickers and the size sticker?????

How do you like the CS200? Is it the wireless version?
:D I have gotten rid of the cheesy yellow stickers, but not the size one (yet) this is a picture from the day I got it. Man do I love that bike.

It is wireless. I haven't had much of a chance to use the CS200 on the road yet, I installed it the day after my last big ride, and immediately caught an upper respiratory infection, which I have just about kicked. I went on a group mountain bike roide Sunday and it just about killed me, I was up all night hacking and gagging.

The CS200 heart rate stuff seems rock solid, and the strap has a replacable battery, and a much softer strap, although the HRM is hard. I'm going to have to play with the cycle functions more before I make much of a comment about them. It seems to have quite a few features, but the way it's organized, and the selection for features, is quite different from my current computer.

DiRt DeViL

Monkey
Feb 6, 2005
CNY
Frame: Orbea Volata
Fork: Zeus AC Fork
Headset: FSA Orbit
Bar: ITM Road Racing Super Over
Stem: Thomson X4 90x10
Shifters: Campagnolo Mirage Black
Brakes: Zeus Pro
Seatpost: FSA K-Force
Saddle: Fizik Rondine
Wheels: Campagnolo Mirage w Mavic CXP-22
Tires: Vittoria Zaffiro
Cassette: Campagnolo Mirage
Crankset: FSA Gossamer Mega-Exo - 50/34 Chainring
Bottom Bracket: FSA Mega-Exo
Derailleur (F): Campagnolo Mirage Black
Derailleur (R): Campagnolo Mirage Black
Chain: Campagnolo

Attachments

lanman

Monkey
Nov 2, 2001
Natick, MA
Here's my new baby :love: R700 size 50, cheapo SPD's and a Cateye Astrale 8. Gonna go on a 60 mile cherry poppin ride tommorow :D

DiRt DeViL

Monkey
Feb 6, 2005
CNY
After 2 rides on it I can say that it's very confortable, it has a weight penalty but I prefer comfort to weight any day.