Quantcast

shreader sucks!!!11oneone

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
.:Jeenyus:. said:
Funny thing is, tubless rims (at least Mavic) use presta valves...
Mavic includes adapters so you can go both ways (or either).

There's no way I know of to check the pressure on a presta without connecting a pump with a gauge. Are there actually presta gauges?

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
A shreader is much better for trashing sensitive documents where a presta will do nothing but poke a small hole on them ,but when using a shraeder valae you can adjust you tyre pressure with nearly any thing........................ ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
shocktower said:
A shreader is much better for trashing sensitive documents, where a presta will do nothing but poke a small hole in them ,but when using a schrader valve you can adjust your tire pressure with nearly anything........................ ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
;) :oink: :p

edit: Even mo funny cuz I messed it up too! :nuts:

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
shocktower said:
A shreader is much better for trashing sensitive documents where a presta will do nothing but poke a small hole on them ,but when using a shraeder valae you can adjust you tyre pressure with nearly any thing........................ ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
hey hey look, over there!>.............

RaID

Turbo Monkey
lovebunny said:
and yes the bigger hole for shreader does make a rim weaker and flexier. its been proven that a rim drilled for shreader has added flex and adds to your race time. now you multiply that by 2 wheels. its an outrageous amount of time to lose on a race run.

now thats champagne comedy :eviltongu

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Duzitall said:
Google says you are correct, ding ding ding!

SCHRADER VALVE
i would just like to quote this so that the ratio of correct to horribly incorrect spellings goes up a tiny bit

:dead:

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
:stosh:
lovebunny said:
but back on topic. shreader is obviously an inferior design. presta valves you can micro adjust without tools.
First off, it is Schrader, brainiac. ;)

:think: They must be bad, since billions upon billions of them have been in us on almost every car on the planet in the last 40-50 years or longer. :rolleyes:

AirAddict

Monkey
Jun 10, 2005
Asheville, NC
despite this thread being a joke, i still want to input.

i like schrader better because when running presta, i've actually ripped the valve stem off of my tube and out of my rim when clipping a bolder at a weird angle. I do like the easy adjustment of presta though...

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
Dispersed Hydronization? Nothing really, although if it werent for the boldicating gnomes the actual process for dh'ing would be entirely different which would result in an economical landslide that would make Russia look rich. The American women would become dirty and hairy while the men get fed up with their $2 dead end jobs and hairy stinky women and we would all eventually imigrate to russia, start a seperate russian ethnicity, and eventually revolt again under the new name Amurssian's and realize and exploit our potential to dominate the world in which we would do so while smoking for the next three centuries.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
wow no can spell the name of the tube they are hating on. its SCHRADER. not shrader or shreader. if you are going to hate something at least learn how to spell it. thats all i have to say. and both tubes work why are you complaining? more options is better isn't it? it broadens the market and allows our sport to grow. just like 25.44 and 31.8. more options= better sport.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Wait, this was a joke? I just changed all my tubes to presta. If I don't win my next DH race, you will be hearing from my lawyer.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
bballe336 said:
didnt read any of it. i feel stupid. :o:
That's OK, but you must now go burn all of your schraeder tubes and switch to presta. It will make lovebunny so happy he'll run out and start licking balls.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
what are your thoughts bmxman? do you think that different compounds can negatively affect the valve stem/ wheel strenth and flex ratio? i believe that if you make the tube out of a softer compound and make the inside of the tire a little more grippy for the tube it can prevent lateral movement and thus relieve stress on the valve stem. as we all know an unstressed wheel is a fast wheel.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
BMXman said:
haha...here we go again...D
hahahaha I just got done reading this entire freakin thread! OMG this stuff was hilarious! TJ did a good job of upsetting some of you fool's!!

BTW TJ go stick a presta valve in your dick hole and schrader in you a-hole! :) Consider it a b-day and x-mas present to yourself!

Schrader's better! :) The stiffness of the valve it self, when pressed firmly against the edge of the valve hole in the rim, makes up for the weakening of the rim, which was caused by increasing the amount of material removed from that area to accomodate the Schrader valve.