Generic seatpost
Salsa Fliplock seatpost clamp
Wellgo Flats

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
macko said:
Not the most hightech SS, but she's a blast to ride and perfect for gettin' to the bars & back.

the bike looks awesome!! SS's don't need to be hightech to be nice. Infact the whole point of them is to be able to ride without worrying about all that. (IMO)

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
MMcG said:
cool bike and cool pooch you've got there macko.
Thanks Ars & MMcG, that pooch doubles as my bed warmer & home security system (though I don't think she would hurt a soul). I just picked that bike up last week and am having such a great time on it!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
OK, I posted this before (not in this thread though), and I've just changed the gear ratio and cleaned it up a bit so I wanted to post it again.

Revell 250R 24" Baby!

Dec 17, 2005
Denver, CO
I built this up a few weeks ago:

Specs.....
Frame humuhumukunukunuapu'a 06' cuiser frame large
Fork Pic shows stock fork is now Dimension disk
Wheels rear is a iro track hub laced to a torreli 700c road rim front is deore disk laced to the same rim
Cranks old shool deore
surly steel 36 ring
duraace 16 tooth cog
surly lockring
Conti Vapor 29er tires
tompson post
fizik sadle
titec 140mm steel stem
surly steel bar
avid bb5 brake

This is my denver do it all bike... My buddy Scott Taylor at Salvagetti bicycle works, helpped me put this togather.

Attachments

Old_Dude

Monkey
This is my Surly Karate Monkey which has some decent parts on it - Mean Todd @ Webcyclery did this for me and the pre-sale support was really, really great.

After only a few months of single speeding, I've learned the following:

1 - I can climb much better on a SS than I'd ever, ever anticipated
2 - I have enjoyed this sport for several years, but now I'm enjoying it even more - gears, schmears!

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=81705&d=1130621255
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=81708&d=1130621255

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Interloc Racing Design steel frame/Reynolds Ouzo Pro carbon fork combo, converted to fixed with the White Bros. ENO eccentric rear wheel. Hugi 240 front. USE carbon post, Titec ti stem and Salsa bar (yep, chopped-i ride on the hoods most of the time, bar tops the rest). Cane Creek levers, generic front brake. Stronglight crank, Race Face Taperlock ti BB, Mag/Ti Wellog pedals. Generic ti rail seat. Cane Creek Solos headset. with a few ti and alu goodies, it's abit over 16# now; could go lighter, but not without tossing boatloads more cash. 48x18 setup gets me 70 gear inches, with the cranks/tires and so on.

On-One il Pompino fixed/free crosser/commuter/grocery bike. Steel straight blade fork. 38mm Tioga Bloodhound tires. Allen bolt QRs.
Surly wheelset converted to QR. King headset, Am. Classic ti post, Ti Cycles ti stem, Titec Malone bar. Cane Creek levers pulling cheapie Shimano v-brakes. Wellgo ti pedals, World Class ti BB, Cook Bros. crank. Generic ti rail seat. 38x15/18 fixed/free. More ti and alu goodies here and there; this one is about 2# heavier than the roadie. Sigh. Though that isn't counting the fenders and rear rack that are on her now.

BarbaRosa said:
old skool simple

1988 stumpjump frame (17.5)
T-bone stem
original XT 6sp cassette with spacers
using 19 rear, 36 front
shadow chain

change that, i found a 34 tooth compact for a roadi 5 arm 110cm that fits my old xt box stock crank from 1988...

so i am now using the 36 tooth as a chain guard / log climbing teeth grabber and note this shadow chain is nuts... i broke two chain tools on it.. resorted to a plier to use as a platform and held a nail punch over a pin to get the dang thing started... freakin tough chain.. i should get this out to ride monday noon on devils backbone...

Jan 12, 2005
Lancashire (U.K)
1999 Sunn B-Mix (26" wheels, Bmx width rear hub spacing, US BB), just painted/rebuilt with original 5 piece Sunn forks but with canti mounts removed. Truvativ cranks on BB convertor, 32 Salsa ring, DMR V12's, Sunn seatpost, SDG dirt jump seat, Atomlab stem, DMR bars, ODI longnecks, Canecreek H/S.
Mavic EX721's on the black and red Shimano DX BMX groupset cassette NOS hubs, Tioga FS100 2.3", Oddyssey A brake.

All black apart from shot blasted brake, bar plugs and seatbolt. New decals from the loverly people at Sunn.

Used for commuting to work and ridng local BMX tracks. Will post piccy shortly.

Jan 12, 2005
Lancashire (U.K)
Rode it for the 1st time today. It was a mess when i got it-I just stripped it down straight away without a single ride.
Took it too the local BMX track, its really whippy, short and low. The tiogas are quite light for a 2.3" but gripped better than expected-I ended up spinning out 32-16 quite easily might drop to 32-14 (the hubs came with 14,15,16,&18T sprockets). Easily to speed jump stuff, jumping doubles was a bit harder as Im used to a DH bike and using the rebound to launch me.

Rides very much like a 20" BMX but you have the rolling advantage of 26" wheels.

Nice little bike Im glad I spent the time & effort in rebuilding it.

Jan 12, 2005
Lancashire (U.K)
keeping_it_real said:
1999 Sunn B-Mix (26" wheels, Bmx width rear hub spacing, US BB), just painted/rebuilt with original 5 piece Sunn forks but with canti mounts removed. Truvativ cranks on BB convertor, 32 Salsa ring, DMR V12's, Sunn seatpost, SDG dirt jump seat, Atomlab stem, DMR bars, ODI longnecks, Canecreek H/S.
Mavic EX721's on the black and red Shimano DX BMX groupset cassette NOS hubs, Tioga FS100 2.3", Oddyssey A brake.

All black apart from shot blasted brake, bar plugs and seatbolt. New decals from the loverly people at Sunn.

Used for commuting to work and ridng local BMX tracks. Will post piccy shortly.

Now for sale-make an offer. PM me

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
stinkyboy said:
Dual drive Kona A (Ah).
Holy crap that thing is wild looking! First off, I don't think I've ever seen a full-sus single speed; secondly I've NEVER seen a dual drive. Did you dream that thing up yourself?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
macko said:
Holy crap that thing is wild looking! First off, I don't think I've ever seen a full-sus single speed; secondly I've NEVER seen a dual drive. Did you dream that thing up yourself?
I wish. The owner of Slippery Pig bike shop in Phoenix built a dual drive Unit that I loved. He then built a 29er dual, and now this. I had to buy it...

More pix here: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143632