Quantcast

Skimonkey pictures? Skimonkey pictures!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Dude. Story?
Didn't you just break your leg LAST season??!?
I did.

Too sendy on a line I've skied a million times before over a little cliff band. Found a buried rock, got knocked off line, and fell down it. Tumbled probably 200 feet off vert before I could arrest. First over rocks, then just steep snow.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I did.

Too sendy on a line I've skied a million times before over a little cliff band. Found a buried rock, got knocked off line, and fell down it. Tumbled probably 200 feet off vert before I could arrest. First over rocks, then just steep snow.
Damn. Sounds like injuries could have been much worse. Surgery or cast?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Damn. Sounds like injuries could have been much worse. Surgery or cast?
Surgery. ER doctor was also concerned that I may have torn my ACL too, but I haven't had an MRI yet. I'll call the surgeon first thing in the morning and get the ball rolling.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Cobbled together a little 3K hot lap yesterday in the sunshine of the high country... It wasn't too steep and wasn't too deep but it was a heckuva lotta fun I tell you what.

It wasn't overhead blower powder though... I guess the ski season really is over right @Toshi? We did this one as a bit of a shuttle, netted ~3k of skiing for our 1300' of human powered uphilling. Followed it up with a skin/ski of Loveland with my buddy who has cancer after words. I am le tired.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
:fie::panic:
Cobbled together a little 3K hot lap yesterday in the sunshine of the high country... It wasn't too steep and wasn't too deep but it was a heckuva lotta fun I tell you what.

It wasn't overhead blower powder though... I guess the ski season really is over right @Toshi? We did this one as a bit of a shuttle, netted ~3k of skiing for our 1300' of human powered uphilling. Followed it up with a skin/ski of Loveland with my buddy who has cancer after words. I am le tired.
I didn't know you were a dirty hippy!

I made it out with the boy on Saturday. Got there just as the sun started to shine. Temps hit 50°F. There still is full snow coverage, and the tree runs are still fully filled in. I can't quite remember it being this good this late before. We picked a good year to get season's passes.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I didn't know you were a dirty hippy!
Ha! I'm the "clean" one on A/T gear... about half my ski partners are smelly tele skiers though... many of them are over 60 and hecking rip. And I can tell you this: if you want to know where to find duct tape, killer weed, or the best ski lines... follow the tele guys.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip> if you want to know where to find duct tape, killer weed, or the best ski lines... follow the tele guys.
Can confirm.

Rumors of something fun moving in. Oldest kid has a hooky day (9th-11th grades taking some tests of some sort) tomorrow... so I believe I, too, shall be hooky-ish.

If the storm pans out... I my be "sick" on Wednesday or Thursday as well.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The link is fine but DO NOT watch the video. I will never be able to unsee.
I at least had it on mute. I've done that before and it's a noise your cannot unhear. I think the noise is worse... *snap* *crackle* *scream* career ending.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I at least had it on mute. I've done that before and it's a noise your cannot unhear. I think the noise is worse... *snap* *crackle* *scream* career ending.
The video was fine, because it happens so fast. Then I made the foolish decision of not hitting stop before they went into the slow motion replay. You can see her legs go full on alien backwards mode.

Nope, nope nope nope.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Going in for surgery today. Two plates to put the tibial plateau back together (it's in 4 pieces) and we'll go from there. Haven't had any imaging done to look at the ACL yet, the surgeon basically says we need to get the bones fixed before worrying about that, though he thinks the likelihood of major ACL damage isn't that high given the way it broke.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Going in for surgery today. Two plates to put the tibial plateau back together (it's in 4 pieces) and we'll go from there. Haven't had any imaging done to look at the ACL yet, the surgeon basically says we need to get the bones fixed before worrying about that, though he thinks the likelihood of major ACL damage isn't that high given the way it broke.
good luck dude. hope the procedure goes well.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
¡Buena suerte!